Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, Spurs 110
(11-20-2019, 04:20 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Yeah. It's always a decision in writing a recap what tone to take. To be objective and dispassionate, or to ride the emotional waves? In truth, there is a lot that could be criticized about this performance, but maybe it's possible to do some of that, while still recognizing the joy in the occasion. I don't understand you to be saying anything different. 

Should be fun to watch the development of this young team!
Ya man, I love it! The reason I put in the babysteps thing is cause that's the measurable thing you can point to to see the growth. It'll be fun to see them reach the milestones, and sure there will be NY bumps along the road, doesn't take the enjoyment out of it. I actually still liked the NY games because it made me feel like they will learn to not let anything get to their head. As long as the team is learning, and I think they are, all is good. 

I've been pretty pessimistic in the recent past just because it didn't seem Dirk was getting a good enough shot at what he'd like to do...compete in the playoffs. Now that he's retired, I get to go back to being more and more optimistic as I can see where this train is headed. Not that there won't be criticism, just that the criticism has a different tone.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, Spurs 110 - by ItsGoTime - 11-20-2019, 09:35 AM