Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, Spurs 110
(11-19-2019, 10:48 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-19-2019, 06:45 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Closing remarks. Not to throw cold water on any euphoria, but the Mavs came close to losing to a woeful Spurs team. When SA finally ratcheted it up in the fourth quarter, Dallas barely managed to salvage its lead with some literally last-minute heroics. However, there were so many dazzling moments that I think we are justified in reveling in our delight, and saving the worries for next time. A truly exciting experience!

I'm right there with you. Once again an OK performance. Baby steps though! Getting the win is the first step. Holding onto the lead is the next. Not going into more than a 3 game (preferably 2, but 3 will suffice) losing streak is third. Playoffs and learning the new, ratcheted up game this becomes is after that!
Yeah. It's always a decision in writing a recap what tone to take. To be objective and dispassionate, or to ride the emotional waves? In truth, there is a lot that could be criticized about this performance, but maybe it's possible to do some of that, while still recognizing the joy in the occasion. I don't understand you to be saying anything different. 

Should be fun to watch the development of this young team!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 117, Spurs 110 - by mavsluvr - 11-20-2019, 04:20 AM