Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS
We will see if they are done.  It certainly appears when their plan A was unsuccessful that Nico and team tried not to be too aggressive in losing some of their assets.  Who knows though....that could be totally wrong.

If no other big moves are coming, it certainly seems like they want to rehab KP.   In the current market, I believe that is the best strategy.  Whether he is here for another year or fives years is TBD.    It also feels like they were hesitant to give up a young player minus an offer they could not turn down.    I also think this is a sound strategy but we need to find ways to let them have wings a little with some playing time.  Terry may need another year, but I will be disappointed if Green gets DNP-CD in most games.

My plan would be to resign Brunson to a team friendly contract.  He may need to give up some money to sign now, but getting 40-44 million is a nice compromise and should keep him as a solid asset.   Brunson is not like KD who can get hurt and still expect a good payday.   So he may be interested in security now vs maybe more upside in $ next offseason....especially if he sees a path to 25 minutes a night.

I believe Maxi is not guaranteed next year and Powell only has 6 million guaranteed next offseason.   That is something to watch and both could be viewed as positive assets next year.    If one of our young kids shows promise, that could be the formation of a solid offer to a bigger player.   Probably not at the Beal level unfortunately, but maybe a level down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
"TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by mavsluvr - 08-06-2021, 02:09 PM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by cow - 08-06-2021, 02:59 PM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by cow - 08-06-2021, 06:05 PM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by soog - 08-07-2021, 06:39 AM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by Chicagojk - 08-07-2021, 08:33 AM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by loki - 08-09-2021, 11:50 AM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by DaRiv - 08-11-2021, 11:38 AM
RE: "TAKE DAT WIT YOU" GRADES THE MAVS - by cow - 08-11-2021, 01:50 PM