Poll: What position do the Mavs need to improve most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
BIG MAN -- a screen setter, roll man, and interior rim protector who can move his feet and control the boards
11.76%
4 11.76%
SECONDARY BIG -- a versatile defender who can be on the perimeter and bang down low and knock down a three
0%
0 0%
WING -- a spot-up shooter with good perimeter defense
0%
0 0%
SECONDARY SCORER -- a consistent scorer who can get buckets for himself under pressure
23.53%
8 23.53%
SECONDARY BALL-HANDLER -- a generator of offense for the team when Luka doesn't have the ball
61.76%
21 61.76%
BENCH DEPTH
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is the biggest roster need for DAL?
(08-06-2021, 12:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: For the record, I can live with the bet that Brunson can take another step forward this year. I have learned not to underestimate him, and really the ONLY time he disappointed all year was in that Clippers series (his first playoff series ever - the rest of the team got experience in the bubble, but he was injured). I feel pretty confident that he'll do better the next time around. 

But, even if Brunson lives up to the best case scenario of what's possible, they're still going to need more players who can function in a variety of ways on offense. I believe this is axiomatic when one actually watches the NBA playoffs. I could be off-base - there's always another way, but goodness, the way this is set up there's so much pressure on Luka.

The problem with Jalen is that while his scoring went up with increased minutes last season, his assist numbers barely increased.  Maybe that's the talent around him while he's on the floor but my eye test has always said that he tends to get a little tunnel vision.  

We do need someone else who can run the offense.  When Luka and Jalen get dinged up and need to miss some games, this team is going to be lost.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the biggest roster need for DAL? - by cow - 08-06-2021, 01:02 PM