Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
AROUND the NBA:
Why are Shams and Stein reporting that Duren is a no show at camp? He isn't under contract. Why on earth would he be there?

Those two have fallen so badly as of late.
Like Reply
https://x.com/Farbod_E/status/2104639526320881758

Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, From Dirk to SCREW YOU Nico
Like Reply
Dillingham is being waived in Charlotte.  It will be interesting to see if he gets a two way spot.   It will be his official 4th team in two years if you count Charlotte.  Things move fast in the NBA.   One minute you are a high lottery pick, the next you have to hope you get a chance at a two way spot.

I thought Minny boxed themsevles in with that gamble.   It didn't work out but Minny pivoted pretty nicely imo.   The Lamelo Ball trade has a lot of skeptics but to have Ball, Ayo and Kuminga is a solid safe.   Ball health is the big question mark and they had to give up Naz too.
Like Reply
(09-28-2026, 11:58 AM)Moviemavguy Wrote: Why are Shams and Stein reporting that Duren is a no show at camp?  He isn't under contract.  Why on earth would he be there?

Those two have fallen so badly as of late.

Stein didn't say he is a no show - see quote in the FA thread
Like Reply
The obligatory Ben Simmons 3-point shooting clip. We all have to thank the Kangz for bringing back this beauty of a jumpshot.

https://x.com/BrickCenter_/status/2105365376959987797
Like Reply
(09-28-2026, 09:06 PM)omahen Wrote: Stein didn't say he is a no show - see quote in the FA thread

Yes, he did.  Even in that quote, he is stating something that is obvious to 100% of the population.  A player wouldn't be in camp if they aren't signed.  Water is wet.
Like Reply
Josh Hart has made peace with it. He won’t get his finger fixed until he’s done playing basketball. On Thursday, the Knicks forward laid out the options. “So, I guess it’s wrap it till I retire, cut it off. I guess that’s the other option,” Hart said at the third day of training camp at the team’s Tarrytown training facility on Thursday. “… Or I guess amputation.” He was joking. He’s also stuck.

New York Daily News
Like Reply
Brian Windhorst: "I want to report to you that Luka might be in better shape this year than he was last year." Tim MacMahon: "I do think Luka's as lean as he's been since his rookie year. Luka, I think, was listed at 218 his rookie year, probably was legitimately like 230-ish, and he looks like he's in about that range now."

YouTube
Like Reply
Donovan Mitchell: “The biggest thing is our length, our versatility. Adding a guy like Peyton Watson changes us in a major way. Obviously, you have Jaylon Tyson on the perimeter as well, and even Mario Hezonja. Just our size, our athleticism, being able to implement different coverages, different schemes, I think will definitely be able to help us come down the stretch. Not be so one-track-minded defensively, and obviously having Evan and Jaylen, they do their thing back there for us as always, and they lead us. But I think with the addition of Peyton and Tyson, I think those two are going to elevate us from the perimeter spot.” “I think we have every single ability to be the best team in the Eastern Conference. I think the only thing that will hold us back is if we start questioning our ability to do it.”

YouTube
Like Reply
(10-01-2026, 11:15 AM)Moviemavguy Wrote: Yes, he did.  Even in that quote, he is stating something that is obvious to 100% of the population.  A player wouldn't be in camp if they aren't signed.  Water is wet.

I disagree that is obvious to 100 % of the population. He is reporting, which is his job.
Like Reply
(10-02-2026, 03:55 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Brian Windhorst: "I want to report to you that Luka might be in better shape this year than he was last year." Tim MacMahon: "I do think Luka's as lean as he's been since his rookie year. Luka, I think, was listed at 218 his rookie year, probably was legitimately like 230-ish, and he looks like he's in about that range now."

YouTube

He looks great.    It is a long season.   Would be fun to see a healthy Luka in the playoffs again.
Like Reply
The Portland Trailblazers fired their new Play by play guy due to comments he made on social media.    It is tricky to me.  I am certainly not on board with derogatory posts but from when I read they were when he was 12-14 years old.    Kids do stupid things.  Sure, I think you need to own up to things but I think it gets really tricky.  Especially as the adults now, grew up with social media their whole lives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
unbelievable.....

Through two days of training camp, the Clippers’ starting unit has been as follows: Darius Garland, Max Strus, Derrick Jones Jr., Rui Hachimura and Isaiah Jackson. The Thunder have the right to swap picks with the Clippers in 2027
Like Reply
(10-02-2026, 08:40 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: The Portland Trailblazers fired their new Play by play guy due to comments he made on social media.    It is tricky to me.  I am certainly not on board with derogatory posts but from when I read they were when he was 12-14 years old.    Kids do stupid things.  Sure, I think you need to own up to things but I think it gets really tricky.  Especially as the adults now, grew up with social media their whole lives.

Today’s cancel culture doesn’t really believe in change, forgiveness, or redemption.
Like Reply
(10-02-2026, 03:55 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Brian Windhorst: "I want to report to you that Luka might be in better shape this year than he was last year." Tim MacMahon: "I do think Luka's as lean as he's been since his rookie year. Luka, I think, was listed at 218 his rookie year, probably was legitimately like 230-ish, and he looks like he's in about that range now."

YouTube

No team Slovenia this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
The standout player of the day offensively was Brandin Podziemski. There wasn’t a close second. Podziemski looked like the player the Warriors are looking to take another leap in Year 4 as he waits on his second contract. “Three days in, he’s had a great camp,” Kerr said. Podziemski was loud and vocal defensively and offensively. He was directing traffic with the ball in his hands and found multiple ways to score without hesitation. Podziemski drew four fouls, including two three-point plays, and only missed one free throw. On back-to-back possessions, Podziemski got a frustrated Charles Bassey to foul him at the rim. Immediately after getting a whistle called on his teammates for the fourth time, Podziemski blew past Dalen Terry on the run for a layup. “That’s what we like about Brandin: His ability to see the game, attack angles, and he understands the officiating,” Kerr said. “He can dribble, pass, shoot. You can put him at any spot out of a timeout. Really versatile and obviously crucial to make the whole thing go.”

NBC Sports Bay Area
Like Reply
Tom Dundon is in a standoff with the city of Portland regarding a renovation of the Moda Center and has used the expansion process and the threat of relocation for leverage in recent discussions with other owners and city officials, according to multiple ownership and industry sources. Though Silver has publicly stated that he'd consider relocating the Blazers as "a failure," Dundon's threat is real as long as Seattle and Vegas are being considered as NBA markets and Dundon has issues with his current arena. Still, expansion is far more likely than relocation.

ESPN
Like Reply
The iconic studio show “Inside the NBA” will appear on ESPN or ABC airwaves on 25 nights in the 2026-27 regular season, five more than it did in its inaugural campaign with the Disney property following the show’s split from Turner Sports. The list includes marquee regular-season nights like Christmas, but also includes seven appearances before the late-December holiday, up from four over that same time last season.

New York Times
Like Reply
Nick Friedell: Kerr says Brandon Williams is “the fastest guy we’ve ever had” and complimented his ability to get up and down the floor. Noted that Williams’ speed reminded him of Leandro Barbosa. Steve Kerr says he has no update on Kristaps Porzingis’ status. Porzingis is dealing with an unspecified health issue and is not at Warriors training camp.

x.com
Like Reply
The Jets on Tuesday quietly signed a young offensive lineman who happens to be the son of an NBA legend. The signing of Nick Dawkins, a 6-4, 305-pound undrafted guard and center, went somewhat unnoticed because he was essentially brought to the practice squad to add depth to a line that lost starting left guard Dylan Parham to a knee injury Sunday. The 24-year-old Dawkins is the son of longtime NBA favorite Darryl Dawkins. Nick Dawkins wears No. 53 in honor of one of his father’s NBA uniform numbers. Asked if he’s any good at basketball, Dawkins told The Post: “No, that’s why I’m here. I can get a lot of rebounds, block a lot of shots, and foul, but I can’t really put the ball in the hoop.’’

New York Post
Like Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 39 Guest(s)