Posts: 6,439
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,479 in 1,394 posts
Likes Given: 7,799
Likes Received: 2,479 in 1,394 posts
Likes Given: 7,799
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-03-2026, 05:46 PM)windjc Wrote: He wasn’t really that good. Which has been confirmed by the latest development.
Haters gonna hate. I feel the way i feel and think the way i think, and I’m not budging on this.
If Seva hasn’t made an all-star team by 2036, then yeah, you hellbent haters get to be right.
Posts: 4,452
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,790 in 2,235 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,790 in 2,235 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
(08-03-2026, 05:51 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Haters gonna hate. I feel the way i feel and think the way i think, and I’m not budging on this.
If Seva hasn’t made an all-star team by 2036, then yeah, you hellbent haters get to be right.
Haters is a strong word. I was actually impressed with Ish’s play in SL. For the 56th pick in the draft, and a relatively unknown guy, I was pleasantly surprised with his skill set and level of play. Just because some think he needs quite a bit more development to make it to the big leagues, doesn’t mean we are haters.
Posts: 2,404
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,126
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,126
Joined: Mar 2020
(08-03-2026, 05:51 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Haters gonna hate. I feel the way i feel and think the way i think, and I’m not budging on this.
If Seva hasn’t made an all-star team by 2036, then yeah, you hellbent haters get to be right.
I still think Roddy B and Christian Wood have a future in Dallas.
Posts: 6,439
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,479 in 1,394 posts
Likes Given: 7,799
Likes Received: 2,479 in 1,394 posts
Likes Given: 7,799
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-03-2026, 06:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I still think Roddy B and Christian Wood have a future in Dallas.
2 out of 10
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-03-2026, 06:54 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I still think Roddy B and Christian Wood have a future in Dallas.
I'm wrong about a lot of **** but at least I wasn't on the Wood bandwagon.
Posts: 947
Threads: 64
Likes Received: 543 in 316 posts
Likes Given: 2,323
Likes Received: 543 in 316 posts
Likes Given: 2,323
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-03-2026, 11:59 AM)mvossman Wrote: Naji gets 4 assists to two turnovers per 36, which is fine for that role. He is the perfect backup for Flagg, and they can play on the floor together some. What they can't do is have Flagg/Naji/PJ on the floor together with a non shooting center. There is no spacing with that group.
I agree! My feeling is that PJ is the outlier who can't play with Flagg--and I like PJ. Just don't think he fits with this evolving "team". I use the word evolving literally because I hope there are still changes to come.
Posts: 6,576
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Joined: Dec 2020
(08-03-2026, 08:14 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I agree! My feeling is that PJ is the outlier who can't play with Flagg--and I like PJ. Just don't think he fits with this evolving "team". I use the word evolving literally because I hope there are still changes to come.
Its definitely evolving, but its going to take time and I am afraid we are going to have to wait a while for the next significant change.
Posts: 6,576
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Likes Received: 6,169 in 3,146 posts
Likes Given: 4,102
Joined: Dec 2020
Anybody see the trade rumors regarding Klay going to LA in three team deal? Mavs would get a second (or two?) and Knecht (who I think they would just drop?)
Posts: 5,197
Threads: 14
Likes Received: 6,327 in 2,256 posts
Likes Given: 3,084
Likes Received: 6,327 in 2,256 posts
Likes Given: 3,084
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-03-2026, 10:09 PM)mvossman Wrote: Anybody see the trade rumors regarding Klay going to LA in three team deal? Mavs would get a second (or two?) and Knecht (who I think they would just drop?)
The one I saw had Vanderbilt going to Detroit. I'm not sure I see Detroit's interest. Wasn't LA having a problem finding anyone who wanted him?
I'm guessing it would be 3&D Hardy's expiring contract going somewhere (I joke because I saw him referred to as 3&D when he was traded to LA). He or Laravia combined with Knecht would also get to the number LA needs to send out to match Klay. The third team would need cap room or an exception if it wasn't sending out a player.
Creating an additional $13mm of space between total salaries and the LT has value as it allows Dallas to fully utilize its remaining exceptions without paying tax.
Posts: 872
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 122 in 91 posts
Likes Given: 220
Likes Received: 122 in 91 posts
Likes Given: 220
Joined: Dec 2019
(08-03-2026, 08:47 PM)mvossman Wrote: Its definitely evolving, but its going to take time and I am afraid we are going to have to wait a while for the next significant change.
Sounds like stuck rather than evolving. ?
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Michael Scotto: The New Orleans Pelicans and Caleb Houstan have agreed to a one-year deal, league sources told @hoopshype. He’ll compete for the final Pelicans roster spot after shooting 52.4% from 3-point range with the Hawks last season. He reunites with former Magic coach Jamahl Mosley.
Twitter
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Zaccharie Risacher (@Zacch_10) will wear No. 10 for the #Mavericks. Number last worn by Brandon Williams in 2026. #NBA
x.com
Posts: 20,885
Threads: 697
Likes Received: 10,414 in 5,545 posts
Likes Given: 6,342
Likes Received: 10,414 in 5,545 posts
Likes Given: 6,342
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-03-2026, 10:09 PM)mvossman Wrote: Anybody see the trade rumors regarding Klay going to LA in three team deal? Mavs would get a second (or two?) and Knecht (who I think they would just drop?)
I did see that report but it looks like it was an aggregation casualty from another site throwing ideas around.
But the general framework makes sense. I think Knecht needs a fresh start. I think the Mavs would probably keep him as a reclamation project and he is a guard (though not a creator).
But the real prizes would be the couple of seconds they could maybe package and get another creator while sending Martin out or something.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Chris Haynes: NEWS: Free agent center Trey Jemison and Toronto Raptors have reached an agreement on a two-way contract, league sources tell me. The NBA champ finds a new home.
x.com
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Aaron Wiggins will wear No. 2 for the #Hawks. Number last worn by Keaton Wallace in 2026. Wallace will wear something else, still TBD. #NBA
x.com
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Portland is not currently pursuing free agent swingman DeMar DeRozan, league sources say, despite reports to the contrary.
marcstein.substack.com
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
One more pressing Kings note as relayed by The People's Insider Jake Fischer: League sources say that Sacramento covets a veteran point guard to mentor prized rookie Darius Acuff Jr. and is thus now weighing the prospect of bringing back Russell Westbrook … or bringing in Victor Oladipo to fill that role. The Kings were among the teams to attend Oladipo's recent workout in Las Vegas during summer league.
marcstein.substack.com
Posts: 6,439
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,479 in 1,394 posts
Likes Given: 7,799
Likes Received: 2,479 in 1,394 posts
Likes Given: 7,799
Joined: Sep 2019
(08-04-2026, 08:44 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I did see that report but it looks like it was an aggregation casualty from another site throwing ideas around.
But the general framework makes sense. I think Knecht needs a fresh start. I think the Mavs would probably keep him as a reclamation project and he is a guard (though not a creator).
But the real prizes would be the couple of seconds they could maybe package and get another creator while sending Martin out or something.
I would be fine with the outcome of that trade, but view it as obvious trolling/fake news based on Detroit’s participation. No one wants Vanderbilt, not even the Lakers, and no one is actually going to give an asset for him like that.
Posts: 4,452
Threads: 49
Likes Received: 4,790 in 2,235 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Likes Received: 4,790 in 2,235 posts
Likes Given: 4,367
Joined: Oct 2019
The Dallas Mavericks have been consistent in asking for a first-round pick in trade talks for each of PJ Washington and Daniel Gafford, per @JakeLFischer.
The Mavericks have been hesitant to buy out Klay Thompson due to the strong interest from the Lakers and Heat, per @JakeLFischer
Posts: 2,798
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Likes Received: 2,399 in 1,217 posts
Likes Given: 2,874
Joined: Jul 2022
Jake Fischer had us drafting Nate Ament. He’s currently on my shit list until,he breaks a news story.
|