Posts: 6,434
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I see that Sasser has a team option. Did they already exercise it? I guess I'm wondering why they'd need to send him into one of the Mavs' exceptions if they can/could've just simply let hm go...
...this assumes that DET's motivations are financial, I guess. Is it possible that's a poor assumption?
Hmmm. I assume that means he’s either going to cost us a second or 2, or he’s actually a free agent target, or this is part of a larger deal.
SH was suggesting that this whole thing is part of a Duren sign and trade to Sacramento in which the Mavs might also perhaps somehow nab Monk. That seemed to be negated by the spec that the Pistons were doing this to be able to retain Duren. Given what you’re saying, perhaps it’s the sign and trade after all. I want Monk regardless. I would even be satisfied if Monk and Sasser were our whole offseason - depending on whether and if and what players we would have to send out for those two who might then still need to be replaced, possibly.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 12:21 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ESPN Cleveland: "I definitely think it's something to keep an eye on, that's one to keep an eye on," - @WindhorstESPN on the Cavs potentially trading Max Strus.
x.com
ANOTHER guy I think would be helpful with the Mavs' current goals/predicament.
Posts: 6,434
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, so it's probably a financially motivated deal, as assumed. That would explain the Duncan Robinson news, too.
I'd consider taking HIM (Robinson) off their hands with the bigger trade exception, tbh.
Isn’t Robinson strictly a three point shooter with no driving/playmaking skills? Don’t we need both?
Posts: 1,364
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 401 in 304 posts
Likes Given: 1,321
Likes Received: 401 in 304 posts
Likes Given: 1,321
Joined: Feb 2025
I don't think another Klay Thompson can be so useful for us...
Posts: 10,948
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'd consider taking HIM (Robinson) off their hands with the bigger trade exception, tbh.
Y'all keep it up with the Robinson, Giddy, Scoot, trade Naji ideas and I'm going to do some black magic, sacrifice a chicken, and get LeBron on this team.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 12:26 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Isn’t Robinson strictly a three point shooter with no driving/playmaking skills? Don’t we need both?
Sure, but "both" in one package is an all star, basically.
The Mavs need creation, sure, but they also need lethal movement (or even just spot up) shooters that hold defenders out of passing/driving lanes. I'm in on this guy, Cam Johnson, etc...anyone who fits that bill.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 12:29 PM)cow Wrote: Y'all keep it up with the Robinson, Giddy, Scoot, trade Naji ideas and I'm going to do some black magic, sacrifice a chicken, and get LeBron on this team.
Giddy is intriguing, but I think I'm out on him, personally.
Posts: 7,881
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,737 in 1,235 posts
Likes Given: 1,722
Likes Received: 1,737 in 1,235 posts
Likes Given: 1,722
Joined: Oct 2019
NBA Central: The Lakers are expected to target Jalen Duren, Walker Kessler, Peyton Watson, Mitchell Robinson, Sandro Mamukelashvili, Luke Kennard, and Rui Hachimura, per @ramonashelburne
x.com
Posts: 10,948
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Giddy is intriguing, but I think I'm out on him, personally.
I'd seriously boycott the team. He can't shoot or play defense.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
The Mavs were in the BOTTOM FIVE last year in 3-point volume, 3-point percentage and 3-pointers made.
That CANNOT happen again. For those hoping they'll be good soon, that's the surest way to ensure they're not. For those who don't care how good they are, as long as Flagg has a chance to develop, that's the surest way to ensure he has little room to operate again.
This MUST change. There is a 0% chance Ujiri/Schmitz/May don't understand this.
Posts: 6,434
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:32 PM)cow Wrote: I'd seriously boycott the team. He can't shoot or play defense.
There was the whole GF of questionable age thing too.
Posts: 21,267
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Likes Received: 14,202 in 7,259 posts
Likes Given: 14,639
Joined: Aug 2020
(06-30-2026, 12:32 PM)cow Wrote: I'd seriously boycott the team. He can't shoot or play defense.
Yeah, he'd need to do one of those two things to be viable, imo.
Posts: 10,948
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: There was the whole GF of questionable age thing too.
I was being nice by omitting that.
Posts: 2,790
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,395 in 1,215 posts
Likes Given: 2,865
Likes Received: 2,395 in 1,215 posts
Likes Given: 2,865
Joined: Jul 2022
Yet to hear any names that get me excited about joining the Mavs. Hope Masai pulls some crazy shit none of us have talked about.
Posts: 9,002
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,416
Likes Received: 5,041 in 2,675 posts
Likes Given: 1,416
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:29 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sure, but "both" in one package is an all star, basically.
The Mavs need creation, sure, but they also need lethal movement (or even just spot up) shooters that hold defenders out of passing/driving lanes. I'm in on this guy, Cam Johnson, etc...anyone who fits that bill.
Not to mention that there are levels to just shooting. It's possible to run offense through Robinson and the shooting gravity he provides. Think Redick in his prime. Off ball screens. Split action. Or just as a decoy.
Posts: 10,948
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Mavs were in the BOTTOM FIVE last year in 3-point volume, 3-point percentage and 3-pointers made.
That CANNOT happen again. For those hoping they'll be good soon, that's the surest way to ensure they're not. For those who don't care how good they are, as long as Flagg has a chance to develop, that's the surest way to ensure he has little room to operate again.
This MUST change. There is a 0% chance Ujiri/Schmitz/May don't understand this.
You want volume? He's on the team.
John PullAThreeForUs
Posts: 6,434
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Likes Received: 2,477 in 1,393 posts
Likes Given: 7,782
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:35 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not to mention that there are levels to just shooting. It's possible to run offense through Robinson and the shooting gravity he provides. Think Redick in his prime. Off ball screens. Split action. Or just as a decoy.
How’s Dominican Republic’s D?
Posts: 2,075
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,226 in 658 posts
Likes Given: 1,958
Likes Received: 1,226 in 658 posts
Likes Given: 1,958
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:29 PM)cow Wrote: Y'all keep it up with the Robinson, Giddy, Scoot, trade Naji ideas and I'm going to do some black magic, sacrifice a chicken, and get LeBron on this team.
Posts: 4,909
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 5,801 in 2,501 posts
Likes Given: 5,291
Likes Received: 5,801 in 2,501 posts
Likes Given: 5,291
Joined: Nov 2020
(06-30-2026, 06:45 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: With that being said, the need the old Duren back. Despite his playoff dude, I just don't get switching him out for an older Sabonis.
I think the Duren drama is way overhyped.
If the reports were accurate from weeks ago, they offered him every penny that another team can offer - 4 years, 25% max, 5% raises. So unless DET decides they don't want him, the hyped SAC pursuit with the Sabonis idea is just idle talking-head conjecture, and meaningless.
I really think what we are seeing regarding Duren is agent-driven theater, to try to give the illusion of great demand, but with no real chance to go anywhere. They're going to sign an offer with SAC for the same or less than DET offered? Or with LA? It makes no sense. The goal is to get an even bigger offer from DET, but to me they are already offering too much. Will they bid against themselves? They can if they want to, but unless he's worth way more, why would they?
Posts: 10,948
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,006 in 2,879 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
(06-30-2026, 12:46 PM)michaeltex Wrote: ![[Image: giphy.gif]](https://media1.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTZjMDliOTUyYnl1Nm1lMmlvbnoxcDk2a3Z0enJqMW1lMjdhcGxkZXZpczdwaGU1dSZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjdD1n/8mWtt0cixdPn2wQd0n/giphy.gif)
|