Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
05-29-2026, 06:59 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2026, 07:01 AM by HoosierDaddyKid.)
(05-29-2026, 04:00 AM)Knutsen Wrote: I‘m really loving the Spurs right now - only because of how much dislike I have for the Thunder.
I guess that would be the same against the Knicks, but from experience I can’t always predict who I would end up rooting for.
If OKC makes the finals? I‘ll probably end up a Knicks fans for these couple of weeks.
I hope it's the Spurs. The finals will be a proverbial "Flopfest" with NY and OKC. And JB and SGA will both compete for the MVF (Most Valuable Flopper) trophy.
Posts: 12,121
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Joined: Oct 2020
Fun series. Hope for a great game 7. Both teams are throwing haymakers. I dislike many things about OKC, but I have come to appreciate how they very rarely cause a scene. They don't really complain much. They hardly ever make frustration faces. They are almost robotic. I really like that style of play. In a game of inches they are looking for any advantage that they can get. Hold you, but not crazy obvious. Physical style of play but don't complain when a call goes their way. Now how to flop, but not complain when it goes the other way. They just get buy in from 1 to 15. It is quite impressive.
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
05-29-2026, 07:54 AM
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2026, 07:59 AM by HoosierDaddyKid.)
ESPN Insights: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander's -28 plus-minus is tied with 2023 Joel Embiid for the lowest plus-minus by the NBA's MVP in a clinching opportunity in the play-by-play era (since 1997) ??
Data4Basket: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander vs Spurs this season For a player averaging 35.8 Produced Points per 40' and 66.5 TS%, San Antonio caused some rare struggles. ?? SGA's worst scoring + efficiency performances of the season came against the Spurs: • 21 Produced Points/40' — 39.0 TS% • 23 Produced Points/40' — 44.7 TS% • 24 Produced Points/40' — 49.0 TS% • 25 Produced Points/40' — 52.4 TS% ?? All ended in OKC losses. The Spurs were the team that most consistently pushed SGA out of his usual elite scoring efficiency zone.
SGA currently holds the record for the worst drop off from regular season TS% efficiency to playoffs for MVPs SGA during the regular season had a historical 66.5 TS% which has dropped to 58.4% TS in the playoffs, an 8% decline. Previously the record was a 7.1% decline held by James Harden in 2017-2018 going from 61.9% TS to 54.8 TS%
SA has defended SGA better than any team I've seen so far.
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
Keerthika Uthayakumar: Did a quick search & they have not!! Knicks would be the first team to face three straight opponents coming off 7-game series
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
There will be at least FIVE Game 7s this postseason, tied for the most in a single postseason in NBA playoff history. It's the most in one season since 2016.
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
. The road team has won the last four conference finals Game 7s. Oklahoma City Thunder have now lost all three Game 6s under Mark Daigneault.
Posts: 9,017
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,051 in 2,680 posts
Likes Given: 1,421
Likes Received: 5,051 in 2,680 posts
Likes Given: 1,421
Joined: Sep 2019
(05-29-2026, 06:59 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I hope it's the Spurs. The finals will be a proverbial "Flopfest" with NY and OKC. And JB and SGA will both compete for the MVF (Most Valuable Flopper) trophy.
Would be hilarious if they actually enforce the rules in the finals. Technical foul, freethrow and a $2000 fine.
When they first implemented the rule in 2024 they called 26 flopping violations (most of them in the first two months of the season). 6 in 2025. 1 in 2026.
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
Wemby is the first player in NBA history with 25+ threes and 55+ blocks in a postseason.
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
Minnesota Timberwolves’ Anthony Edwards is bringing in a massive 7-figure monthly income ... at least according to new legal docs from his baby mama court battle. New court docs, obtained by TMZ, show the NBA star pulls in $3,364,911 in gross monthly income, while his ex, Alexandria Desroches, makes around $1,016 per month. The docs say Anthony is paying around $12,500 a month in child support to Desroches.
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
Shams Charania: Mitchell Robinson has undergone surgery on his broken right pinky finger -- and fully plans to play in the New York Knicks' Game 1 of the NBA Finals against OKC or San Antonio next Wednesday while wearing a brace on his hand, sources tell ESPN.
Posts: 2,405
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,131
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,131
Joined: Mar 2020
(05-29-2026, 04:00 AM)Knutsen Wrote: I‘m really loving the Spurs right now - only because of how much dislike I have for the Thunder.
I guess that would be the same against the Knicks, but from experience I can’t always predict who I would end up rooting for.
If OKC makes the finals? I‘ll probably end up a Knicks fans for these couple of weeks.
It’s a little like Trump vs. Kamala.
Who did you dislike least?
Posts: 12,121
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Joined: Oct 2020
Stein says the Magic has strong interest in Sean Sweeney. I think the Mavs will talk to him but I am expecting a name or two to be out of the blue. Masai has not hired many coaches, but I am expecting a few off the wall names if any emerge. He interviewed Dawn Staley for his last opening. Before he hired Nurse he interviewed a European coach who has since turned into one of the best coaches. Neither Nurse or Darko were big names.
I guess Sweeney fits this as a long term assistant, but I am thinking we will be surprised.
Posts: 21,282
Threads: 71
Likes Received: 14,227 in 7,271 posts
Likes Given: 14,654
Likes Received: 14,227 in 7,271 posts
Likes Given: 14,654
Joined: Aug 2020
(05-29-2026, 11:17 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Stein says the Magic has strong interest in Sean Sweeney. I think the Mavs will talk to him but I am expecting a name or two to be out of the blue. Masai has not hired many coaches, but I am expecting a few off the wall names if any emerge. He interviewed Dawn Staley for his last opening. Before he hired Nurse he interviewed a European coach who has since turned into one of the best coaches. Neither Nurse or Darko were big names.
I guess Sweeney fits this as a long term assistant, but I am thinking we will be surprised.
Sweeney is among the "most ready" to be a first time head coach, if not the first name on that list, and the Mavs with Flagg have to be among the most attractive opportunities out there this summer, if not the first team on the list, so I get that we can't rule Sweeney (or really anyone) out. But, idk...I just think there's too much baggage here with the Kidd/Sweeney/Harrison thing, however that ended up, for him to be the guy. I just think it's all a little on the weird side relative to the clean slate Dallas seems to be creating. I'd be pretty surprised if Sweeney is the guy.
Posts: 2,405
Threads: 8
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,131
Likes Received: 1,445 in 833 posts
Likes Given: 4,131
Joined: Mar 2020
(05-29-2026, 12:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Sweeney is among the "most ready" to be a first time head coach, if not the first name on that list, and the Mavs with Flagg have to be among the most attractive opportunities out there this summer, if not the first team on the list, so I get that we can't rule Sweeney (or really anyone) out. But, idk...I just think there's too much baggage here with the Kidd/Sweeney/Harrison thing, however that ended up, for him to be the guy. I just think it's all a little on the weird side relative to the clean slate Dallas seems to be creating. I'd be pretty surprised if Sweeney is the guy.
Guilt by association.
Posts: 10,706
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 3,632 in 2,007 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Likes Received: 3,632 in 2,007 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 7,929
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Likes Received: 1,747 in 1,241 posts
Likes Given: 1,725
Joined: Oct 2019
(05-29-2026, 01:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Sweeney to Orlando
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4891...eney-coach
You are correct.
Posts: 12,121
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Joined: Oct 2020
Well who knows if correct but the internet went into hyperdrive as Sweeney has a relationship with Giannis.
Posts: 10,706
Threads: 27
Likes Received: 3,632 in 2,007 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Likes Received: 3,632 in 2,007 posts
Likes Given: 2,163
Joined: Sep 2019
(05-29-2026, 02:07 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4891...eney-coach
You are correct.
I wasn't guessing
Posts: 10,950
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Likes Received: 5,007 in 2,880 posts
Likes Given: 407
Joined: Sep 2019
Damn.
Posts: 12,121
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Likes Received: 7,178 in 4,028 posts
Likes Given: 458
Joined: Oct 2020
|