Posts: 645
Threads: 7
Likes Received: 273 in 121 posts
Likes Given: 199
Likes Received: 273 in 121 posts
Likes Given: 199
Joined: Sep 2019
Pretty cool, didn't know Dell Curry was a mod here. Or is it Callie Rivers?
Anyways, Seth is playing at a non-rotation player level according to his 11.2 PER. Worst on/off court on the team, worst defensive rating. His entire starting spree left a highly negative impact with the Mavs digging themselves in early holes game-after-game. Fact.
His lone specialty is 3PT shooting but looks like that can easily be replaced by Jackson, who is 5 years younger with more size.
Jackson's PER is at 14.8, on the cusp of being categorized as a "slight above average player." He is shooting the 3-ball at a higher clip: 45%, and putting similar numbers despite playing 8 mins less per game.
No coincidence Mavs have played their best basketball without Seth "Starter" Curry in the starting line-up. Fact.
Posts: 4,901
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 2,140 in 1,106 posts
Likes Given: 3,652
Likes Received: 2,140 in 1,106 posts
Likes Given: 3,652
Joined: Sep 2019
11-25-2019, 05:32 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 05:33 PM by fifteenth.)
(11-25-2019, 05:15 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Pretty cool, didn't know Dell Curry was a mod here. Or is it Callie Rivers?
Anyways, Seth is playing at a non-rotation player level according to his 11.2 PER. Worst on/off court on the team, worst defensive rating. His entire starting spree left a highly negative impact with the Mavs digging themselves in early holes game-after-game. Fact.
His lone specialty is 3PT shooting but looks like that can easily be replaced by Jackson, who is 5 years younger with more size.
Jackson's PER is at 14.8, on the cusp of being categorized as a "slight above average player." He is shooting the 3-ball at a higher clip: 45%, and putting similar numbers despite playing 8 mins less per game.
No coincidence Mavs have played their best basketball without Seth "Starter" Curry in the starting line-up. Fact.
Don't worry about me being a mod. I think the guys gave me an honorary position because I'm old. And they told me that I don't have to ban people and stuff. So I'm just a poster unless they ask me to do something.
Anyway, I don't think Seth's season stats are indicative of what we know he can do and the Mavs starting woes were present before the last few games whether Seth started or came off the bench, but it doesn't really matter for a couple of reasons:
1. THJ deserves to start, and
2. I'm way more interested in what Seth did to you in real life than I am arguing with you about Seth's basketball chops.
Posts: 4,901
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 2,140 in 1,106 posts
Likes Given: 3,652
Likes Received: 2,140 in 1,106 posts
Likes Given: 3,652
Joined: Sep 2019
That's not nice, Clutch!!!!
Posts: 5,898
Threads: 36
Likes Received: 460 in 268 posts
Likes Given: 947
Likes Received: 460 in 268 posts
Likes Given: 947
Joined: Sep 2019
11-25-2019, 05:52 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2019, 05:59 PM by fifteenth.)
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Posts: 4,901
Threads: 84
Likes Received: 2,140 in 1,106 posts
Likes Given: 3,652
Likes Received: 2,140 in 1,106 posts
Likes Given: 3,652
Joined: Sep 2019
(11-25-2019, 05:52 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Deleted...I went to far...I'm taking a short timeout...be back in a few days...
Ahhh, dude, don't be so hard on yourself!