Poll: WHO GETS THE DIRKIE?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DJJ (9pts, 5rbd, 2ast, great defense, -2)
0%
0 0%
PJ (29pts, 11rbd, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk, 7-11 from 3!, +9)
85.71%
30 85.71%
Gafford (13pts, 7rbd, 2ast, 1stl, 1blk, -8)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Kyrie (9pts, 3rbd, 11ast, 2stl, 2blk, CLUTCH, +9)
0%
0 0%
Luka (29pts, 10rbd, 7ast, 3stl, 1blk, BOUNCE BACK! +6)
5.71%
2 5.71%
Lively (2pts, 4rbd, 1ast, 1blk, +18)
0%
0 0%
Green (11pts, 1rbd, 1ast, 3-5 from 3!, +9)
2.86%
1 2.86%
THJ (17pts, 2rbd, 1ast, 6-10, 10pts in 2mins, +15)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GAME 2 PLAYOFF DIRKIE: PJ !!!!!!!!!!!
@GrantAfseth
Kyrie Irving on courtside fan interactions in OKC: "Yeah the fans threw the ball away from Luka, and then he looked like, like— where I'm from, when somebody does that, that's like almost it's like, and he didn't even look at Luka eye to eye, and Luka was very nonchalant about it like he was very cool about it, and for a fan to do that, then that's my time to step in as a teammate and be like, what the fuck? What the fuck are you doing? Excuse my language for that. I asked him, like, what are you doing? This is not about you right now. You know, you're not even wearing the Thunder blue shirt. You're trying to distinguish yourself out here. You're trying to get on Twitter to stay active. Like, I know, come on, that's our generation that we're in. Everybody's trying to go viral when they're at NBA games instead of focusing on the players and the task at hand. So, when you do that to my teammate, of course, I'm going to stand up... It was the same guys there. Different guys heckling, but little do they know that, that motivates us. We're at OKC, we understand that we lost last game, they have the advantage, but we know how to quiet a crowd and us continuing to be physical, continuing to score baskets, and then at the end of the game in the fourth quarter, we can heckle them back."
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/jv2138

Luka's press conference last night opened with some interesting noises from the other room.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/63xsyr

Kyrie after walking off the court last night had to remind us all where they just stole home court! (But really those OKC fans must've said some garbage things to get both Kyrie and Luka to talk shit back to them all night)

https://x.com/townbrad/status/1788787534140440901
^ video of Luka talking about the heckling

Like Reply
@SamGannon87
Luka:

“Fans can say anything they want.”

You can see Doncic grimacing in pain as he goes to locker room.

A gutty performance by 77 tonight.

https://twitter.com/SamGannon87/status/1...7529612424
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/stat...7818532156

@OfficialNBARefs
Q2 6:42: On a Doncic drive, the defender (Wiggins) jumps A to B into Doncic committing illegal contact. This should have been called a foul. #RefWatchParty

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/stat...9994295628

@OfficialNBARefs
Going into the timeout, Doncic goes to Williams to discuss the non-call at 6:42. Here is a great example of professional communication between players and referees. #RefWatchParty
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Lukedoncic
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 10:56 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/stat...7818532156

@OfficialNBARefs
Q2 6:42: On a Doncic drive, the defender (Wiggins) jumps A to B into Doncic committing illegal contact. This should have been called a foul. #RefWatchParty

https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/stat...9994295628

@OfficialNBARefs
Going into the timeout, Doncic goes to Williams to discuss the non-call at 6:42. Here is a great example of professional communication between players and referees. #RefWatchParty

I read that as a message—League to LD77—Wiggins won’t be allowed to defend you rest of the series. Behave like this and you’ll get the superstar calls you’ve been missing.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Trying to think a word starting with J for scoring. PJuice was my choice unitl I thought about it.
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 02:33 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Trying to think a word starting with J for scoring.  PJuice was my choice unitl I thought about it.

PJumper?

PJack-em-up?

PJoker?

PJoust?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 02:52 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: PJumper
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
(05-10-2024, 02:33 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Trying to think a word starting with J for scoring.  PJuice was my choice unitl I thought about it.

PJordan
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply

PJuice is the correct choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Hypermav
Like Reply
So I wasn't able to do my full write up for this game, but PJ deserves his praise for having one of the best games a Mavs role player has ever had in the playoffs. Only 6 Mavs players in team history have had more than 7 threes in a playoff game. Can you name them? 
  • JET-9
  • Maxi- 8
  • DFS-8 
  • Luka-7
  • PJ-7 
  • Vince Carter-7 
Seriously historic stuff. Add in his suffocating defense and he gets a well deserved dirkie!

Other notables: Luka is amazing man. He looks like he's hurting out there. He's not 100%. He still came out and went for the Thunder souls this game. 16 quick points we've come accustomed to seeing. He then slowed down a bit. He still had a great game. Fantastic bounce back game. Luka is the man.

Kyrie is clutch as hell. He didn't score like usual, but practically did everything else that was important for the Mavs to win. He made several great passes, and truthfully he was the best defender on the court all night. How many steals did he get that led to easy buckets? So many amazing contests and effort. Incredible game from Kyrie and my Dirkie runner up.

Timmy had probably the most crucial stretch of the game where he ignited and finally had a Timmy flamethrower moment. 10 quick points in less than 2 minutes after the Thunder went up by 3 late in the 3rd. That stretch basically extinguished all the Thunder's momentum and Timmy just came up huge. PLEASE Timmy if you can just get back to 10ppg on near 40% 3pt shooting the bench would look so much better.
Like Reply
PJ is worth 1-2 first round picks (we paid fair price for him if grant is counted as a first, and don't forget the two seconds we got back). PJ is a marginal star player who can create his shots at proper chances, which spares the opposing defensive pressure off luka and Kyrie. we cannot expect role players to shoot so abnormally good on a regular basis but we can choose the right way of playing imho. PJ can do a lot more than what a role player is capable of.
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 02:14 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: PJ is worth 1-2 first round picks (we paid fair price for him if grant is counted as a first, and don't forget the two seconds we got back). PJ is a marginal star player who can create his shots at proper chances, which spares the opposing defensive pressure off luka and Kyrie. we cannot expect role players to shoot so abnormally good on a regular basis but we can choose the right way of playing imho. PJ can do a lot more than what a role player is capable of.

I loved the couple of occasions where we went to him in the post while the Thunder where trying to hide SGA on him. Should exploit that even more in the next games, because it‘s a different form of stress for the opposing defense.
[-] The following 3 users Like Knutsen's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-11-2024, 03:44 AM)Knutsen Wrote: I loved the couple of occasions where we went to him in the post while the Thunder were trying to hide SGA on him. Should exploit that even more in the next games, because it‘s a different form of stress for the opposing defense.

And PJ was so quick and decisive. A welcomed and somewhat overdue wrinkle. I wonder if Luka in the post is something Kidd is saving to unveil or if his injuries simply aren’t allowing it.
Like Reply