Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: ATL Jumps from #10 to #1 in Lotto| Pistons Mull Firing GM
(05-17-2024, 12:33 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/r...uffer9fd2d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Raptors to trade Bruce Brown?

Isn’t $23m a negative value contract?

I haven’t watched a lot of his play this season, but he struck me more as an MLE-type guy.
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 01:08 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Isn’t $23m a negative value contract?

I haven’t watched a lot of his play this season, but he struck me more as an MLE-type guy.

I wonder if they can trade him before the team option?  Then he would be very valuable expiring 22 mil.  Otherwise it would make no sense for them not to have traded him at the TDL.  He is clearly not worth 23 mil.
Like Reply
One more quick question:

After the Mavs dispatch the Thunder and whoever is their next opponent, would you rather face Indiana, New York, or Boston?

Just trying to look ahead a little.
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 08:53 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: One more quick question:

After the Mavs dispatch the Thunder and whoever is their next opponent, would you rather face Indiana, New York, or Boston?

Easy. Knicks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

I agree that the Knicks is by far the most Mavs-favorable matchup, but I think beating Boston would be necessary to avoid an asterisk next to the Larry. As for the Pacers, those late-season losses are embarrassments. Yes, I would fear that team a little bit. But I'd be more focused on the revenge whoop-ass we owe them.
Like Reply

I honestly think the next round we‘ll face a better opponent than in the finals, especially if Porzingis stays hobbled. 

Great thing would be homecourt advantage against the Knicks or Pacers, especially since they are both much better teams at home.

I‘m much more struggling to identify who I would want to face in the West finals. The experience of the Nuggets scares me, the experience of the Wolves doesn’t. The athleticism of the Nuggets doesn’t scare me, the athleticism of the Wolves does, they are the one team that will outmuscle us. I‘ll probably root for the Nuggets, especially if Murray is limited with his elbow shootingwise.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • Lukedoncic
Like Reply

Boston Celtics--simply because they are the best in the East.  I can still hear some network yahoos saying the 2011 Mavs championship was the weakest ever.  I don't agree.  They need to go back and watch Dirk in God mode.  Something to behold.

Beat Boston and, like already said, there should be no asterisk beside it.

But FIRST--the Mavs have to put away OKC.
Like Reply
(05-18-2024, 08:09 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Boston Celtics--simply because they are the best in the East.  I can still hear some network yahoos saying the 2011 Mavs championship was the weakest ever.  I don't agree.  They need to go back and watch Dirk in God mode.  Something to behold.

Beat Boston and, like already said, there should be no asterisk beside it.

But FIRST--the Mavs have to put away OKC.

Right. Take care of business tonight or you'll have 3 semifinals going 7 games, which would be a ratings bonanza for the NBA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply

The hospital Knicks makes the most sense. They've basically disintegrated as most Thib teams do. 

Then Indiana, then Boston. Although given Carlisle's ability to scheme, I may want Boston over IND shockingly enough.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources: Wes Unseld Jr., has agreed to join the Chicago Bulls as Billy Donovan’s top assistant coach. Unseld Jr. spent the past two-plus seasons as the Wizards head coach after six years on Michael Malone’s Denver staff.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-18-2024, 01:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
ESPN Sources: Wes Unseld Jr., has agreed to join the Chicago Bulls as Billy Donovan’s top assistant coach. Unseld Jr. spent the past two-plus seasons as the Wizards head coach after six years on Michael Malone’s Denver staff.

This is funny unless you are a Bulls fan.
Like Reply
Apparently Carlisle can still coach.

Edit: whoops. Just saw there’s a Knicks pacers thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
RC has taken 4 different rosters to the conference finals and all within the first 3 years of coaching each team...pretty impressive. We all questioned why he'd want to leave Dallas for a rebuilding Indiana team but it all makes sense now. Seems like he has full control over the Pacers roster and is on the same page with the front office. The Mavs were just too dysfunctional with Cuban and Donnie feuding and no real plan in place. It was the perfect golden parachute.

Good to see that everything worked out for everyone. Porzingis, RC, Brunson, and the Mavs. Everyone is in a much better situation than 3 years ago.
[-] The following 4 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(1 hour ago)SwisherPrice Wrote: RC has taken 4 different rosters to the conference finals and all within the first 3 years of coaching each team...pretty impressive. We all questioned why he'd want to leave Dallas for a rebuilding Indiana team but it all makes sense now. Seems like he has full control over the Pacers roster and is on the same page with the front office. The Mavs were just too dysfunctional with Cuban and Donnie feuding and no real plan in place. It was the perfect golden parachute.

Good to see that everything worked out for everyone. Porzingis, RC, Brunson, and the Mavs. Everyone is in a much better situation than 3 years ago.

That’s true… Everyone is in a better place than they were a few years back.
Like Reply