MavsBoard
NBA Trade Rumors | - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NBA Trade Rumors | (/showthread.php?tid=281)

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - ThunderMav - 12-17-2019

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1207026576157622273

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - ItsGoTime - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 03:47 PM)DrMav Wrote: Do we think that is in part because he's on a bad team? My limited eye test of watching him play against our guys 3 times this year didn't really sell me on him still being that guy, but again that's limited.
At the very least, I remember the last game that he was really the lone bright spot on the team. He was glue on anyone he guarded.

(12-17-2019, 03:49 PM)cow Wrote: p.s.  I think Ingram gets traded at the TDL.
That is a really odd take. Ingram has been the lone bright spot to this season for NO.

(12-17-2019, 03:52 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1207026576157622273
This would be a target that I would release Maxi to acquire. If it was required.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - cow - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 03:58 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 03:47 PM)DrMav Wrote: Do we think that is in part because he's on a bad team? My limited eye test of watching him play against our guys 3 times this year didn't really sell me on him still being that guy, but again that's limited.
At the very least, I remember the last game that he was really the lone bright spot on the team. He was glue on anyone he guarded.

(12-17-2019, 03:49 PM)cow Wrote: p.s.  I think Ingram gets traded at the TDL.
That is a really odd take. Ingram has been the lone bright spot to this season for NO.

He's been playing great.  Just a gut feeling.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - StepBackJay - 12-17-2019

They have said Ingram is untouchable and I would have a hard time figuring out a player they would trade him for. Dude is only 22 with star potential. He + Zion is their core.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - cow - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 04:10 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: They have said Ingram is untouchable and I would have a hard time figuring out a player they would trade him for. Dude is only 22 with star potential. He + Zion is their core.

They had the chance to work out something with him this past summer and didn't.  He's got a couple of red flags (blood clots, drugs).  I guess it boils down to if he wants to be there or not.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - StepBackJay - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 04:15 PM)cow Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 04:10 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: They have said Ingram is untouchable and I would have a hard time figuring out a player they would trade him for. Dude is only 22 with star potential. He + Zion is their core.

They had the chance to work out something with him this past summer and didn't.  He's got a couple of red flags (blood clots, drugs).  I guess it boils down to if he wants to be there or not.

Blood clot thing is resolved. He is restricted so I think he'd have a tough time forcing his way out. KP was able to do it but NYK is completely dysfunctional. If he's going to force his way out we are probably several years out from when he would have any leverage. No player has ever turned down a max RFA deal which BI will receive.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - TXBamanut - 12-17-2019

Jrue Holiday or Miles Turner and it's flipping on like Donkey Kong then...

But I'm also fine rolling with who we got, tbh.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - IamDougieFresh - 12-17-2019

Time for Donnie to turn Dwight into Myles Turner.

Someone sell me on Myles Turner because he doesn't excite me at all.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Mavs want a Big Physical Presence next to KP) - ItsGoTime - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 09:21 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: Depends on the era and depends on your stars what you can get away with.  If you're trying to beat the 2016 Warriors, you need 4 stars.  If the talent is dispersed around the league and you have a great star, you can come within a few awful officials away from winning a Championship with Devin Harris and Eric Dampier in your starting lineup.  Bucks are trying to do it with right now Wesley Matthews and Eric Bledsoe (and even Donte Devicinto at times).    Right now I'm just trying to get the Mavs to making the playoffs and finishing with a winning record before I start worrying about dynasties.  Realistic achievable goals keep you from doing desperate dumb things.
I think it also depends on how many stars you have on the team. I don't think we're far off in our thoughts. I think Tor just used up the non-multiple star championship winning team last year (there was a trend of those happening every 3 or 4 years at some point). I wouldn't give away the farm to acquire what I thought was a good upgrade to what we have now, but I would for sure pull the trigger on a deal like that. We have a surplus of guys that can contribute within this system on our team right now.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - matt6715 - 12-17-2019

Man... Jrue Holiday is the guy, but I just don't see a straightforward way to get it done.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - dirkfansince1998 - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 04:23 PM)cow Wrote: Someone sell me on Myles Turner because he doesn't excite me at all.

At his best he is another KP. Good shooter. Great rim protector. Mediocre rebounder. Not a good pick and roll finisher.
Talent wise he is a big win. Fit wise I don´t see it.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - ItsGoTime - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 04:23 PM)cow Wrote: Someone sell me on Myles Turner because he doesn't excite me at all.
He's for sure having a down year and I wonder if Sabonis' starting alongside him and THRIVING has something to do with that. If you look at his stats last year, that's the player you hope you're getting in trade, all wrapped up in a 24 yo body to continue growing with our 2 stars. He is a good-to-great defender and good enough scorer to require attention. Athletic with a bigger body than anyone we currently have at 6'11" and 250 lbs. He's basically a better version of Maxi IMO.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - HanspardsShowerVoice - 12-17-2019

Also, if they don't turn Ingram into a franchise cornerstrone, they traded off a generational talent for the Lakers garbage.  

I've generally found 538's new Raptor ratings to be pretty good.  The were accruately bullish on the Mavs, and bearish on the Spurs and Blazers.    They don't seem to be very high at all on Jrue, especially on defense given his reputation.   This kinda falls in love with what I've seen from my eyes this year.   I guess I'm kinda meh on Jrue given the likely price tag compared to most. He doesn't seem as athletic as he used to be.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - Aussiebballer - 12-17-2019

With Ingram, they need to decide if they are happy paying him the Max in the off-season.
If they are keep him and build around him alongside Zion.

If not trade him while his value is high.
Imagine Orlando with Ingram and Issac.
Chicago and Pacers could also trade a fair bit for him.
Putting Markkanen or Turner next to Zion could be interesting.

I think they will keep him but Griffin seems like the sort GM that will make that call to trade him now if they have a different future plan.

Lonzo seems to have dropped off a cliff so they may look at what value he sill has in trades.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - JamesConway - 12-17-2019

I‘m a fan of Jrue individually and even more so of his fit on our team. He‘s at his best when he can play off another guard and fill in the spots. I‘d love to have him alongside Luka.

Unfortunately I don‘t see us being able to put enough on the table prior to the draft. If he finishes out the year in NO then I think we could get into the conversation on draft night. But right now we don’t have the assets to get him given our trade restrictions (re moving 1sts)

(12-17-2019, 04:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
He's for sure having a down year and I wonder if Sabonis' starting alongside him and THRIVING has something to do with that. If you look at his stats last year, that's the player you hope you're getting in trade, all wrapped up in a 24 yo body to continue growing with our 2 stars. He is a good-to-great defender and good enough scorer to require attention. Athletic with a bigger body than anyone we currently have at 6'11" and 250 lbs. He's basically a better version of Maxi IMO.
Also, add to this he'll be paid $18M for the next 4 years (including this one).

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - omahen - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 05:38 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: With Ingram, they need to decide if they are happy paying him the Max in the off-season.

Personally I am getting a lot of Wiggins vibrations when looking Ingram. Loves the mid range jumper, not really enthusiastic on defense. I don't see him as a leader and I would be reluctant to lock my future with his max contract. If I was at New Orleans.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Woj: Mavs want a Big Physical Presence next to KP) - SleepingHero - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 12:47 PM)cow Wrote: Russell is off the table but I wonder if GSW would take calls regarding Green.

GSW is taking this as a down year and making sure Steph, Klay, Green are all ready to go next year, no way are they going to give up a key part of their core like that. 

If GSW isn't good next year then MAYBE they'll move Green, but until then I think there is a 0% chance they trade him for a reasonable package. Even though Green would be a great fit here.

(12-17-2019, 02:50 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 02:35 PM)cow Wrote: Don't think we have the ammo to get Jrue, at least not at the TDL.
Would Curry, Brunson, Jackson, Lee, GSW 2nd round pick and our 2025 first get it done? That's a pretty good package with the picks.

Thats a crazy kind of package for a guy like Holiday. My opinion on Holiday changed a bit the last 2 years, but he's still an oft-injured player. Thats the kind of package to try for Beal imo.

RE: NBA Trade Rumors (Stein: Jrue Holiday available via trade) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 12-17-2019

GSW will probably win the damn lottery and trade the #1 pick + DLo for another star.

Fuckers