MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

The reason I am so high on Burks is it allows us to comfidently let Luka start at PG, and play to our strength: a lineup where everyone is SG height or taller, without sacrificing the playmaking of starting a pg with Luka. We all know Rick is obsessed with KP at the 5, and I really would not be surprised if we keep him there for the rest of the season, whether or not that is the right call. Burks can come off the bench too if we end up finding a center to start with porzi, and then we can close games with the deathlineup as necessary

(02-05-2020, 03:32 PM)SamStetz Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:19 PM)Jym Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 03:13 PM)SamStetz Wrote: I would like to see the Mavs use one of Lee and the TPE at least to recoup some second round picks. It's always nice to have those to sweeten deals and who knows, maybe one of them turns out to be valuable like the GSW pick

For sure 
Seems like there would be deals available where we take on money for next year and get an asset for our trouble
Would you take on Waiters, J. Johnson, or Olynyk if they came with second rounder, or even a pick swap? I know they aren't glamorous names but it would give the Mavs another asset and an expiring deal to use next year.

As a last resort I wouldn't be opposed. That would be better than not making a move

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-05-2020

Lee + DAL 2021 #1 (via NY) + MIA 2021 #1 —> GSW
Russell —> NYK
Morris —> MIA
Ntilikina + Bullock + J Johnson —> DAL

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - HanspardsShowerVoice - 02-05-2020

We got 2 future 2nds for moving back from #37 in the last draft, which were later converted to WCS and Delon Wright through trades. I am absolutely not giving GSW back their 2nd round pick for Burks. He's only more "consistent" in scoring than THJ because he plays on a garbage team and someone has to score points.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 03:32 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Would you take on Waiters, J. Johnson, or Olynyk if they came with second rounder, or even a pick swap? I know they aren't glamorous names but it would give the Mavs another asset and an expiring deal to use next year.

Not sure about Waiters. I would need more than a late 2nd or a pick swap to take him on now. 
But I'm in on Johnson and Olynyk

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 03:52 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: We got 2 future 2nds for moving back from #37 in the last draft, which were later converted to WCS and Delon Wright through trades.    I am absolutely not giving GSW back their 2nd round pick for Burks.

I can't imagine the Mavs would, especially since Burks is not under contract next summer, he has a PO that I would not think he'd be picking up.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 02:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think there's a big gap btwn how this board views Jackson vs the Mavs. The Mavs believe he is a young asset, vs many on this board seem to think he is a negative asset the Mavs need to try to dump. I don't see Mavs trying to dump him anywhere this year.

I don't think the Mavs feel that way.

People said similar things about Barnes and Mavs always talked him up but then they jumped at the chance to dump him for nothing.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 03:52 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: We got 2 future 2nds for moving back from #37 in the last draft, which were later converted to WCS and Delon Wright through trades.    I am absolutely not giving GSW back their 2nd round pick for Burks.

Yeah if we give up that pick I want it to be for a guy with more size than Jackson so he doesn't have to play PF anymore. That seems to be our weakest link.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Baller AI - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 03:52 PM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: We got 2 future 2nds for moving back from #37 in the last draft, which were later converted to WCS and Delon Wright through trades.    I am absolutely not giving GSW back their 2nd round pick for Burks.  He's only more "consistent" in scoring than THJ because he plays on a garbage team and someone has to score points.

What about his rebounding and assist numbers? same argument was made against thj and look what he turned into with Luka and Rick. Rick will make him THJ 2.0 that can pass better. Burks is 6'6 btw

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 03:56 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote:
(02-05-2020, 02:02 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think there's a big gap btwn how this board views Jackson vs the Mavs. The Mavs believe he is a young asset, vs many on this board seem to think he is a negative asset the Mavs need to try to dump. I don't see Mavs trying to dump him anywhere this year.

I don't think the Mavs feel that way.

People said similar things about Barnes and Mavs always talked him up but then they jumped at the chance to dump him for nothing.

I guess except that we had seen 2.5 years of Barnes and it became obvious he was not a building block vs Jackson who just got here and actually looks pretty good. I am not sure what people were expecting exactly? Did we think Jackson was going to be a superstar or something? Jackson is a talented offensive player, still learning along the way and limited defensively. I would rather the Mavs trade him but I don't think they will this TDL.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-05-2020

I think people were hoping for Giles over Jackson. Jackson is pretty meh. He's got that nice floater but his outside shooting is way too inconsistent.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 04:20 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I guess except that we had seen 2.5 years of Barnes and it became obvious he was not a building block vs Jackson who just got here and actually LOOKED pretty good.

FIFY. He looked promising last year and the first month of this year. He has been wretched since, consistently for months on end. He is so far behind the rest of the team in performance and confidence right now that he hurts us ***badly*** when he plays as opposed to the guys in the 9-man rotation (Luka, KP, DFS, Maxi, THJ, Curry, Wright, Brunson, and hopefully WCS). The Mavs aren't just playing for the future anymore, like the last three years, but for the present and the future. They need someone who helps now as well as having promise for the future (which I dynamically believe Justin no longer does).

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-05-2020

Revision to an earlier concept
Warriors are asking for Expiring + Robinson + multiple picks for Russell. 
Morris will get flipped for a 1 that goes to GSW.
Mavs get Ntilikina for adding the expirings to enable the deal (with Lee + TPE)

Lee + Bullock + Robinson + DAL 2021 #1 (via NY) + MIA #1 --> GSW
Morris --> MIA
Russell --> NYK
Ntilikina + J Johnson --> DAL

Knicks land Russell for essentially two young players (Robinson and Ntilikina who goes to Dallas) + two No 1's which is a steep price to pay

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-05-2020

My wishlist as the trade deadline gets close:

Myles Turner
Aaron Gordon (not happening since we don't have a PF to send them)
Marcus Morris (we're getting outbid, but a guy can dream)
RHJ
Burks
Harkless
Olynyk

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

In broad terms, I would like, if nothing else, to see the TPE used instead of wasted, perhaps to take on a year-and-a-half salary that could be filler later on as well as a pick asset or two, and Lee for a guy who expires this year or next who would at least play more than Jackson.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - SamStetz - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 04:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: My wishlist as the trade deadline gets close:

Myles Turner
Aaron Gordon (not happening since we don't have a PF to send them)
Marcus Morris (we're getting outbid, but a guy can dream)
RHJ
Burks
Harkless
Olynyk

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

In broad terms, I would like, if nothing else, to see the TPE used instead of wasted, perhaps to take on a year-and-a-half salary that could be filler later on as well as a pick asset or two, and Lee for a guy who expires this year or next who would at least play more than Jackson.
That's why I have Olynyk and Johnson on my list of people I'd switch Lee for, to hopefully pick up some type of sweetener and have an expiring next year

Kelly Oubre, make it happen Donnie!

Some names I'm watching

Troy Brown Jr
Michael Kidd-Gilchrest
Glenn Robinson III
Frank Ntilikina
Kevin Knox
Kelly Oubre
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Larry Nance Jr
Christian Wood
Aaron Gordon
Gordon Hayward
Trey Lyles
Pat Connaughton
Mikal Bridges
John Wall
Andrew Wiggins

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - sefant - 02-05-2020

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1225173317641887744

Hm Danny Green available? Any interest? Big Grin

(02-05-2020, 04:54 PM)sefant Wrote: https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1225173317641887744

Yes. Harkless too.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - aguiar95 - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 04:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Kelly Oubre, make it happen Donnie!

Everyone is available except KP/Luka. Kleber would be ideal for them. Kleber + Wright + GSW 2nd?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Mavs looking for a wing (TDL Feb 6) - SamStetz - 02-05-2020

(02-05-2020, 04:54 PM)sefant Wrote: https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1225173317641887744

I would love to see Dallas be the third team that helps facilitate this. However, if the Clippers win the bid for Morris, maybe we could revisit my idea from January...

DAL: Green
MEM: Lee, GSW 2nd
LAL: Iggy

Lakers might feel desperate to add Iggy if the Clippers win the Morris battle