MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-03-2020

RHJ will be a UFA without any bird rights so I don't see any big advantages. Maybe you can resign him for barely more than his current salary without dipping into MLE? It would be a scenario like that. He is coming off a 1 yr deal. I certainly think he's worth a worthless 2 to try out for half a season but no way Mavs would give up GSW for that.

I am confused by Stein reporting that Mavs aren't interested in RoCo or Iguodala. Reading btwn the lines Stein and others think Mavs still a likely suitor for Iguodala and the Grizz who don't really have very many options. I bet the Grizz are running out the clock hoping for that GSW pick but in the end will settle for a less valuable pick.

(02-03-2020, 12:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:18 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Those sound like too-good-to-be-true prices for a couple of rotation players. They'll cost more than that this summer - unless the Mavs really abuse WCS's desire to play in Texas and his liking of the Mavs.

Why? RHJ just signed basically minimum deal in the summer and he didn't really improve from last season. Still can't shoot. WCS is similar story. Unless he puts Capella like numbers, I don't see him reach above 4-5 mil per.

WCS is, rightfully, our starting center, or at least a big-minute bench guy, moving forward. RHJ would play big minutes here. Don't see why they would be that cheap, but would love to be wrong.

Both of those guys should still be in your bargain bin rMLE or even less type deals. I don't see anything those guys have done to all of a sudden get big deals.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-03-2020

(02-03-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am confused by Stein reporting that Mavs aren't interested in RoCo or Iguodala. Reading btwn the lines Stein and others think Mavs still a likely suitor for Iguodala and the Grizz who don't really have very many options. I bet the Grizz are running out the clock hoping for that GSW pick but in the end will settle for a less valuable pick.

Mwah hah hah.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-03-2020

(02-03-2020, 12:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If the Mavs do acquire a wing, I strongly believe that Justin has to be part of the outgoing. Perhaps Lee and Justin plus cash or a future low second for MKG.

Why would you do that??? MKG is a Lee level bust and you would add a decent young guy for him? A bit of cash is max Charlotte could hope for as he is gone anyway in the offseason. They played him 12 games this season!

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 02-03-2020

I posted this on Mavsluvr's Hawks recap: Am I the only one who would love to see the Mavs acquire Vince at the deadline? Not sure he'd play a lot of minutes effectively, but he'd be a fantastic locker room presence for our young guys. He was the best thing (aside from Dirk himself) about those lean years. 

If nothing else, he could wave towels with JJB and Bobi...

(02-03-2020, 12:51 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:34 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If the Mavs do acquire a wing, I strongly believe that Justin has to be part of the outgoing. Perhaps Lee and Justin plus cash or a future low second for MKG.

Why would you do that??? MKG is a Lee level bust and you would add a decent young guy for him? A bit of cash is max Charlotte could hope for as he is gone anyway in the offseason. They played him 12 games this season!

(Shrug) I would rather that RC have to play the defensive guy. Justin has been ass for the past couple of months after a solid start.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - omahen - 02-03-2020

(02-03-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am confused by Stein reporting that Mavs aren't interested in RoCo or Iguodala.

Many other guys possible: Morris, Bertans, Bogi, Gallo,... But all this can just be part of negotiating tactic.

However, seems Mavs are reluctant to do anything big this summer

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 02-03-2020

That would be dumping Jackson for very little. Don't see the Mavs doing that. In my view Jackson is going to be held onto until at least the summer. Mavs could end up doing a deal that involves Jackson as one of the pieces.

(02-03-2020, 12:54 PM)omahen Wrote:
(02-03-2020, 12:47 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I am confused by Stein reporting that Mavs aren't interested in RoCo or Iguodala.

Many other guys possible: Morris, Bertans, Bogi, Gallo,... But all this can just be part of negotiating tactic.

However, seems Mavs are reluctant to do anything big this summer

They probably don't want to give up Brunson or Curry, and likely want to save the GSW pick for draft day trades. That rather limits their options.

(02-03-2020, 12:55 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:

That would be dumping Jackson for very little. Don't see the Mavs doing that. In my view Jackson is going to be held onto until at least the summer. Mavs could end up doing a deal that involves Jackson as one of the pieces.

Yeah, that makes sense. I just don't see him as having much value any more. So frustrating. I would definitely do Vince for Justin if the Hawks would do that.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-03-2020

Not actively bidding does not mean the Mavs aren't interested. It's probably a combination of Minny's asking price being too much andr the Mavs available assets aren't attractive.

(02-03-2020, 01:14 PM)cow Wrote: Not actively bidding does not mean the Mavs aren't interested.  It's probably a combination of Minny's asking price being too much andr the Mavs available assets aren't attractive.

That's my feeling as well which is too bad

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - vfromlmf - 02-03-2020

RoCoverated.

(02-03-2020, 01:27 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: RoCoverated.

Vroken record.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 02-03-2020

Not going to happen but finding a way to dump Powell  (combined with Lee) for bigger short term money would be my go-to move. 
He's going to be a shell of his former self when he gets back.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - IamDougieFresh - 02-03-2020

The Orlando Magic have reportedly discussed trading forward Aaron Gordon ahead of Thursday's deadline, but a deal is "tricky" because of injuries on the roster.

"Aaron Gordon's a player they've had some discussions about," ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said on his podcast with Bobby Marks.

(02-03-2020, 02:12 PM)Jym Wrote: Not going to happen but finding a way to dump Powell  (combined with Lee) for bigger short term money would be my go-to move. 
He's going to be a shell of his former self when he gets back.

Not going to happen for numerous reasons. He's injured, has strong negative value at this point and Mavs brass probably wishing against all odds that he will back to full strength sometime next year.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - Mavs2019 - 02-03-2020

What I don´t get is why losing teams don´t trade their minimum level "scrubs" more often. All guys have talent at some level to be in the NBA, but if it´s not working out, try something different.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - aguiar95 - 02-03-2020

I know our priority should be the wing defender and a starting center, but if we don't find the right deal, how about Lavine? He would be a Monta Ellis in RC's system. I know he's not good defensively, but he's part of a top 10 defense in the league, has good instincts, young and would be an upgrade over THJ. His numbers are a little inflated because he's playing 34min/game.

THJ + GSW pick + Jackson/Brunson ?

Curry + Wright ? Move THJ back to the bench.

Maybe put Felicio in our TPE?

Add Thad Young ?

CHI are a mess, we could use them to our advantage.

(02-03-2020, 03:19 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: THJ + GSW pick + Jackson/Brunson ?

Curry + Wright + GSW pick ? Move THJ back to the bench.

He is a borderline all-star while still just 24. You don't trade players like this for a couple of role players and a second rounder.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 02-03-2020

My gut also says the Mavs are going to make two moves before the TDL.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion | Stein: Mavs not actively bidding on Roco (TDL Feb 6) - ClutchDirk - 02-03-2020

(02-03-2020, 03:24 PM)cow Wrote: My gut also says the Mavs are going to make two moves before the TDL.
https://media.giphy.com/media/V4DYolbPpEGK4/giphy.gif

(02-03-2020, 03:24 PM)cow Wrote: My gut also says the Mavs are going to make two moves before the TDL.

I'll be pleased with one at this point, to be honest.