MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 02:50 PM)Tyler Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 12:52 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Some executives around the league suspect that Memphis' fallback option is a Mavericks offer of Courtney Lee and the Warriors' surprisingly high second-rounder, though Dallas sources have done their best to refute that.

I strongly suspect that if that offer is on the table and Iggy is on board, Memphis would have taken it already. 

The thing is, I still don't see how Iggy would think Dallas is worth playing for but another playoff team just two spots back is not.  My suspicion is that both Iggy and Memphis have an unspoken agreement on a trade list (either LA team, maybe Milwaukee).  That way Iggy gets to ride someone else's cape to a championship one last time and Memphis gets something out of it.  Memphis can't outright say that when trying to negotiate, but I think it's 50/50 that everyone calls their bluff and he gets cut after the trade deadline.

So this is rival execs putting 2-and-2 together, it doesn't mean they can read Donnie's mind but I do think they give good insight to these situations. I doubt there's a Iggy trade on the table but there's a deal to be made. I don't see Memphis buying him out at all unless they can't find a trade and he's willing to give up some money. He has said he doesn't want to give up any money in a buyout but he can't have it both ways. Memphis really doesn't want to do that and it would be egg on their face so I am fairly confident he does get moved and Dallas to me is still the frontrunner.

Miami you would think might be a suitor but they are up against the tax apron so I think they'd have to give up Dragic which I am not sure they want to do.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 01-29-2020

It's awfully hard to get excited about Iggy or any other player who isn't going to be back next year. This year is somewhat fun (certainly more than the tank years!), but it's not about this year. Luka and KP aren't ready, and the rest of the roster isn't in the form it will be when the playoffs are really going to matter. We need to add guys who can help Luka.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help - BasketballJones41 - 01-29-2020

(01-26-2020, 08:24 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: I was surprised Lee + Wright for OPJ worked in the trade machine but it does. The problem with OPJ is he's hurt right now so I don't think Mavs (or anybody) is going to trade for him until he is playing again.
I kind of like that idea. I’d be very interested in taking OPJ and Markkanen off their hands. They would both come off the books in 2021 in case it didn’t work out. If it did work then we would have two more young pieces around Luka and Porzingis. Plus I think Markkanen would be insane in our system. Making it happen would be complicated though seeing as how they are both currently injured and Porter makes 27 million this year.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - StepBackJay - 01-29-2020

I don't see Mavs or anybody trading for injured players. You just don't see that very often.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - Scott41theMavs - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 05:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see Mavs or anybody trading for injured players. You just don't see that very often.

Ummm....

(01-29-2020, 04:11 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It's awfully hard to get excited about Iggy or any other player who isn't going to be back next year. This year is somewhat fun (certainly more than the tank years!), but it's not about this year. Luka and KP aren't ready, and the rest of the roster isn't in the form it will be when the playoffs are really going to matter. We need to add guys who can help Luka.

We will see but I don't like passing up on an opportunity to improve the team if one's out there to be made. This team is good but a 1-and-done playoff appearance is definitely possible. Iggy does move the needle for me in that he (or someone like him) would provide some serious perimeter defense when we need it, especially at the end of games. I don't know if it will take the GSW pick or not. I have a feeling it won't, something like 2 random 2nd round picks that amounts to a better-than-nothing return for Memphis.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - BasketballJones41 - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 05:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 05:41 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I don't see Mavs or anybody trading for injured players. You just don't see that very often.

Ummm....
Probably unrealistic. I know we did it last year for Porzingis but they were also tanking so we had more flexibility with recovery times. It sucks that both of them are hurt but I think I would still do it. I take any combination of their bad contracts to get Markkanen in here.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - mavsluvr - 01-29-2020

The injuries would be a negative, but the Mavs have some history with taking that risk. Wesley Matthews and KP, to name a couple off the top of my head. Not suggesting they are interested in any specific injured player, just that it wouldn't necessarily stop them.

I'm with Kamm. I might give the GSW pick for a half-year rental of Lebron or Kawhi, but not Iggy.

(01-29-2020, 05:49 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote:

Ummm....
Probably unrealistic. I know we did it last year for Porzingis but they were also tanking so we had more flexibility with recovery times. It sucks that both of them are hurt but I think I would still do it. I take any combination of their bad contracts to get Markkanen in here.

I know there are some who actually want OPJ here as a player, but I need both Markkanen and WCJ to take back that contract, tbh.

(01-29-2020, 05:49 PM)BasketballJones41 Wrote:

Ummm....
Probably unrealistic. I know we did it last year for Porzingis but they were also tanking so we had more flexibility with recovery times. It sucks that both of them are hurt but I think I would still do it. I take any combination of their bad contracts to get Markkanen in here.

I agree the circumstances are different. I just thought his statement was ironic.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - BasketballJones41 - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 05:51 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm with Kamm. I might give the GSW pick for a half-year rental of Lebron or Kawhi, but not Iggy.
I’m with you. Iggy doesn’t excite me at all. Definitely wouldn’t give up the GSW pick.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - BigDirk41 - 01-29-2020

There's absolutely NO REASON to give up the GSW pick for Iggy. We aren't contenders yet. We need to turn Lee into a rotation player that's under contract next year. I would be pretty mad if we trade that pick for anything other than a 3rd star. Otherwise use the pick and make a quality draft pick.

Man I hope Mavs draft the next LeBron with this GSW pick worth more than gold evidently.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - Aussiebballer - 01-29-2020

Situation is probably the Mavs offering 1 or of their own 2nds and the Grizz wanting the GSW 2nd.
Basically see who blinks firs or if another teams offers a better pick.

Mavs trading their own picks is much more preferable as they will be 45+ for the next 20 years hopefully Smile

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - cow - 01-29-2020

It's worth more than half a season of an old guy that hasn't played a single minute this year, specially considering the team was already compensated a first round pick for taking on his contract.

(01-29-2020, 07:33 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man I hope Mavs draft the next LeBron with this GSW pick worth more than gold evidently.

Being worth more than a half-season of old, broken-down, hasn't-played Iggy has nothing to do with "being worth more than gold." Gimme a break.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - mtrot - 01-29-2020

Woah, I'll take a hard pass on Drummond after watching him tonight against the Nets.  He just can't seem to do anything, is too slow to the ball, gets blocked at the rim, and seems way too out of condition.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - SkenfromLMF - 01-29-2020

I thought I heard a report on 105.3 credited to Brad Tonwsend:
Memphis has a standing offer from Dallas for Iggy. Memphis is waiting to see if they will get a first offered for him, but will accept Dallas' offer of Lee + 2nd (GSW) if no other offers exceed it.

(01-29-2020, 10:17 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I thought I heard a report on 105.3 credited to Brad Tonwsend:
Memphis has a standing offer from Dallas for Iggy. Memphis is waiting to see if they will get a first offered for him, but will accept Dallas' offer of Lee + 2nd (GSW) if no other offers exceed it.

That sounds like the McMahon quote which is worded differently. He says execs believe Memphis will take Lee and GSW as a fallback but Dallas still refutes. If Townsend made a more assertive statement that would be news but you might have heard it wrong.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL looking for wing help (TDL Feb 6) - Jym - 01-29-2020

(01-29-2020, 10:06 PM)mtrot Wrote: Woah, I'll take a hard pass on Drummond after watching him tonight against the Nets.  He just can't seem to do anything, is too slow to the ball, gets blocked at the rim, and seems way too out of condition.

He's right up there with Westbrook for players I least want to trade for. I guess you could throw Kyrie in there too

(01-29-2020, 10:17 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I thought I heard a report on 105.3 credited to Brad Tonwsend:

Ick.