MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 01:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Roco and Dieng for Lee, Curry, Wright, Jackson, and the GSW 2nd. Then take Snell into the TPE for a future second to replace Curry. Sign another big off the scrap heap.

Luka-Brunson
THJ-Snell
RoCo-DFS
KP-Maxi
Dieng-Maxi-Bobi-spot big

Works for me.

I'd like to co-sign this proposal. Also in terms of trade ideas I get my hopes up for, this qualifies in the sense these are names that are actually being mentioned in the news (vs others I see bounced around that are pure speculation).

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ClutchDirk - 01-22-2020

https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/es5ocg/powell_went_down_for_dallas/

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - BigDirk41 - 01-22-2020

No thanks on Drummond unless it's for Lee and some scrub. I don't want to give up any valuable rotational players for him. He has too many holes in his game. He's a outstanding rebounder and seems to be a good defender, but he's so raw on offense and sometimes thinks he's Magic Johnson running the break. He makes some real bonehead plays on offense.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - StepBackJay - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:09 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: No thanks on Drummond unless it's for Lee and some scrub. I don't want to give up any valuable rotational players for him. He has too many holes in his game. He's a outstanding rebounder and seems to be a good defender, but he's so raw on offense and sometimes thinks he's Magic Johnson running the break. He makes some real bonehead plays on offense.

Ya I don't picture a Drummond swap. I have a feeling Atlanta will send Parsons + some kind of asset (pick?) to get him. Mavs would have to give up Lee + a Wright or something like that which I don't think they will do. Only scenario I could see is they say, well Wright isn't a fit here anyway and maybe Detroit likes him so they do Wright, Lee for Drummond and do other moves to fill other holds. As good as Wright is they might need a wing more than they need another guard. But ya I don't see a Drummond trade happening with Dallas.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ItsGoTime - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 01:35 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Roco and Dieng for Lee, Curry, Wright, Jackson, and the GSW 2nd. Then take Snell into the TPE for a future second to replace Curry. Sign another big off the scrap heap.

Luka-Brunson
THJ-Snell
RoCo-DFS
KP-Maxi
Dieng-Maxi-Bobi-spot big

Works for me.
I for sure like the Snell for TE to replace Curry. I might reluctantly do the Min trade and hope for the best going forward, but that is a DW or Curry more than I've said (for myself) I would give up. However, part of my "most I would give up" was a TE for RoCo swap and this gets the Curry swap with the TE, so it's basically the extra second (to get Snell) more than I'd trade. I can stretch that far esp given the circumstances.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Scott41theMavs - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

Luka-Brunson
THJ-Snell
RoCo-DFS
KP-Maxi
Dieng-Maxi-Bobi-spot big

Works for me.
I for sure like the Snell for TE to replace Curry. I might reluctantly do the Min trade and hope for the best going forward, but that is a DW or Curry more than I've said (for myself) I would give up. However, part of my "most I would give up" was a TE for RoCo swap and this gets the Curry swap with the TE, so it's basically the extra second (to get Snell) more than I'd trade. I can stretch that far esp given the circumstances.

I think something like that is going to be the cost of doing business with Minnesota given the circumstances and competition. Tbqh, I might go this high in negotiations now if it gets things done. If the Mavs have to make an emergency signing instead of a trade in the next half-week, they'll have to cut RFA or Roby. I guess they could always just re-sign RFA after the TDL (if they did the Minnie and Snell deals), but cutting Roby would be very bad asset management, and cutting an injured player seems un-Mavs-like. I just cringe at the idea of a KP-Maxi-Bobi-DFS-Roby-Jackson "big man rotation" for any length of time. I hate Jackson at the 4.

BTW, apologies for not attributing the Snell idea to you.

Sorry @"Scott41theMavs" I didn't see Curry on that list. I wouldn't give up Curry in that deal and I don't think the Mavs would have to. I also don't know that the Wolves would want another 29 year old if the whole reason they are moving RoCo is to get younger assets and free up Dieng's money.

If I had to give up another asset it would be Brunson who could have some appeal there.

My list of Mavs movable assets:
- Wright
- Jackson
- Brunson
- GSW pick
- Lee
- TE

I don't see Curry, Maxi, DFS getting moved in any scenario where we aren't getting back a star player and I don't see a blockbuster trade happening this TDL. I do think those assets could come in handy to get back 1-3 impact players.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Scott41theMavs - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 03:50 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Sorry @"Scott41theMavs" I didn't see Curry on that list. I wouldn't give up Curry in that deal and I don't think the Mavs would have to. I also don't know that the Wolves would want another 29 year old if the whole reason they are moving RoCo is to get younger assets and free up Dieng's money.

If I had to give up another asset it would be Brunson who could have some appeal there.

- Wright
- Jackson
- Brunson
- GSW pick
- Lee
- TE

I don't see Curry, Maxi, DFS getting moved in any scenario where we aren't getting back a star player and I don't see a blockbuster trade happening this TDL. I do think those assets could come in handy to get back 1-3 impact players.

The whole point is that Snell replaces Curry. Curry is valuable. RoCo and a big like Dieng are far more valuable to the Mavs right now. Moreover, giving up both Wright and Brunson makes JJB our full-time backup point guard, and I don't think the Mavs want to do that. I also strongly believe at this point that given the competition for RoCo's services and the Mavs' DP injury predicament, there's no way a deal gets done without including Curry or Maxi along with everything else, and I don't trade Maxi without getting back a bona fide star.

(01-22-2020, 04:08 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:50 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Sorry @"Scott41theMavs" I didn't see Curry on that list. I wouldn't give up Curry in that deal and I don't think the Mavs would have to. I also don't know that the Wolves would want another 29 year old if the whole reason they are moving RoCo is to get younger assets and free up Dieng's money.

- Wright
- Jackson
- Brunson
- GSW pick
- Lee
- TE

The whole point is that Snell replaces Curry. Curry is valuable. RoCo and a big like Dieng are far more valuable to the Mavs right now. Moreover, giving up both Wright and Brunson makes JJB our full-time backup point guard, and I don't think the Mavs want to do that. I also strongly believe at this point that given the competition for RoCo's services and the Mavs' DP injury predicament, there's no way a deal gets done without including Curry or Maxi along with everything else, and I don't trade Maxi without getting back a bona fide star.

Ya I just really like Curry and I don't think the Mavs want to trade him. My proposal would probably try to keep Brunson although I would give him up knowing that JJB as the primary PG backup for 5-6 months is probably doable. 

My trade would probably be RoCo/Dieng for Lee/Wright/Jackson + GSW which I think is pretty fair or RoCo for TE and Dieng for Wright + Jackson as separate transactions if the Mavs want to preserve the Lee contract for another trade. I think this has the potential to get done without giving up Curry.

(01-22-2020, 04:26 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 04:08 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

- Wright
- Jackson
- Brunson
- GSW pick
- Lee
- TE

Ya I just really like Curry and I don't think the Mavs want to trade him. My proposal would probably try to keep Brunson although I would give him up knowing that JJB as the primary PG backup for 5-6 months is probably doable.

My trade would probably be RoCo/Dieng for Lee/Wright/Jackson + GSW which I think is pretty fair or RoCo for TE and Dieng for Wright + Jackson as separate transactions if the Mavs want to preserve the Lee contract for another trade. I think this has the potential to get done without giving up Curry.

This is only true if the reports of other teams coveting RoCo is propaganda and the Minnie front office is really terrible at negotiating. Way too weak of a package.

So I guess I'd want to know who else is in the running for RoCo and what they might give up? Lakers and Sixers are rumored to be interested but they don't have the contracts to match unless the Lakers want to give up Kuzma. Mavs have the benefit of having several tradable contracts. I think 2 young, talented players + a pick + cap relief (which is one of the more valuable pieces of this trade) would be good value. The Wolves don't have to trade him at all but if they do want to while his value is high I think Mavs will have one of the better packages.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Tyler - 01-22-2020

Blending two ideas while wearing my rose colored glasses, I keep coming back to the idea of combining a deal with Minny and Sacramento.  Maybe you add some minimum-wage names in there to balance out the body count on each team, but the basic bones look like this (with the GS pick also going to Minnesota):

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vba2ref

Basically, Sacramento gets a better version of Dedmon and a salary-controlled version of Bog.  Not bad for a team with cap concerns.

Minnesota gets two young players, a pick, and cap space for Covington and Dieng.  Not bad for a rebuilding team.

And Dallas gets a rotation big and two impact wings.  One of which can also play lots of PF.  Not bad for a playoff contending team.

I'm sure that's way too big to ever get done, but I do feel like it's an interesting balance of team needs.

(01-22-2020, 04:53 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So I guess I'd want to know who else is in the running for RoCo and what they might give up? Lakers and Sixers are rumored to be interested but they don't have the contracts to match unless the Lakers want to give up Kuzma. Mavs have the benefit of having several tradable contracts. I think 2 young, talented players + a pick + cap relief (which is one of the more valuable pieces of this trade) would be good value. The Wolves don't have to trade him at all but if they do want to while his value is high I think Mavs will have one of the better packages.

Hey, I'd be overjoyed to be wrong.

(01-22-2020, 04:56 PM)Tyler Wrote: Blending two ideas while wearing my rose colored glasses, I keep coming back to the idea of combining a deal with Minny and Sacramento. Maybe you add some minimum-wage names in there to balance out the body count on each team, but the basic bones look like this (with the GS pick also going to Minnesota):

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vba2ref

Basically, Sacramento gets a better version of Dedmon and a salary-controlled version of Bog. Not bad for a team with cap concerns.

Minnesota gets two young players, a pick, and cap space for Covington and Dieng. Not bad for a rebuilding team.

And Dallas gets a rotation big and two impact wings. One of which can also play lots of PF. Not bad for a playoff contending team.

I'm sure that's way too big to ever get done, but I do feel like it's an interesting balance of team needs.

You must have read my mind. I thought briefly about something like that, but damn, Dedmon's contract is horrendous, and he is not good at basketball. The Mavs would have to make a move for another big, and would have lots of money tied up into two bigs who can't play (for far different reasons). But Bog and RoCo (drool)...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ClutchDirk - 01-22-2020

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/1220120415026237440

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Tyler - 01-22-2020

Interesting point about international players.  One thing I've always appreciated about the Dallas scouts is their ability to find seemingly random big guys like Maxi and Mejri.  I'm sure they have a few names that they think can come in and contribute relatively quickly.  BTW, I'd bet good money that the MacMahon source is Duffy. He represents not only Noah but also a deep roster of overseas players.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Baller AI - 01-22-2020

It was so obvious Powell was being asked to do too much and was overworked. I said this 2 weeks ago and now look what happened. The day Porzi finally get back from his injury, Powell out for season. Sick of the Mavs putting players in situations they are not equipped for, if they don't change their philosophy and mindset, this will continue to happen..

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - radioaktiv - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 06:22 PM)Baller AI Wrote: It was so obvious Powell was being asked to do too much and was overworked. I said this 2 weeks ago and now look what happened. The day Porzi finally get back from his injury, Powell out for season. Sick of the Mavs putting players in situations they are not equipped for, if they don't change their philosophy and mindset, this will continue to happen..

Posting this in 2 different threads doesn't make it true.  Where's your quantifiable data that Dwight Powell is "overused" in the context of the rest of the NBA?

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - Lukasmom - 01-22-2020

Over worked? 28 mpg is not too much to ask out of a guy who is getting paid starter money.

If DP and KP can't handle 28 MPG then we are surely screwed. We were not deep at the 5, now we are super thin. Mavs need a 30mpg big man and KP has to play 30 + as well.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - hakeemfan - 01-22-2020

We need a couple of darn big bodies. G League players are fine too. KP is coming off a long layoff. He cannot play heavy minutes. The Mavs need some 10 day contracts and can worry about long term options later.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart | DAL wants RoCo, MIN to "drive hard bargain" - ItsGoTime - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 06:54 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: G League players are fine too.
Just like the Mavs to need starters and sign bench players then need bench players/starters and sign G Leaguers.