MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - dirkfansince1998 - 01-05-2020

Would it make sense to clear a roster spot for a backup big? KP is still out and the Mavs are struggling. Adding a vet min guy like Faried would definitely help right now but I am not sure if the Mavs are willing to make the required roster moves (waiving Roby or Broekhoff). Farieds skillset is similar to Powells and he really helped Houston during Capelas injury last year...25 games, 24 min, 13/8 on 62% TS.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - dirkfansince1998 - 01-05-2020

Derrick Favors upgrade:
The Pelicans are 6-5 since he returned from his injury. 5-2 if we ignore the games were he was still limited to 20 minutes per game.

During the recent 5-2 run he had 6 double doubles in 7 games.
Averages 11pts/13reb/3ast/1.6blks 59% TS.

To sum it up. Healthy Favors is a beast in the paint.

Favors was traded for two 2nds in the summer. Mavs could offer Lee (also expiring) and the Warriors early 2nd. Maybe another 2nd round pick or another young player.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 01-05-2020

(01-04-2020, 06:40 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:15 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Blackmail RC to put Maxi in the starting lineup instead of Dwight and see what happens!

I suspect the pics hit the papers.

Feel dumb... Don't get it...

I was saying that if you try to blackmail RC to play Maxi over DP, he calls your bluff because he can't let go of starting DP.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 03:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Favors was traded for two 2nds in the summer. Mavs could offer Lee (also expiring) and the Warriors early 2nd. Maybe another 2nd round pick or another young player.

Favors was traded for zero players back, because Utah needed cap space for Bogdanovic. Mavs could still do the trade, though

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 03:48 PM)omahen Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 03:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Favors was traded for two 2nds in the summer. Mavs could offer Lee (also expiring) and the Warriors early 2nd. Maybe another 2nd round pick or another young player.

Favors was traded for zero players back, because Utah needed cap space for Bogdanovic. Mavs could still do the trade, though
I was gonna say something similar. I think it probably takes more than the Pelicans gave up to get him because the Pelicans aren't desperate to get him off their team, esp while Zion is still in a suit. However, more than they gave up is still not much for the possibility of what his impact on this team would be.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - vfromlmf - 01-05-2020

I like Favors but remember, Favors is a big injury risk with creaky old man knees. He's not the missing link you're looking for. 

The bigger issue is the Pels have played so well recently they're only 3 games out of the playoffs ....and they're about to get Zion back.

(01-05-2020, 05:45 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I like Favors but remember, Favors is a big injury risk with creaky old man knees. He's not the missing link you're looking for. 
Averages 70 games per season, I could live with that as long as he's good to go for the playoffs and he's been so for every time Utah has gone.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - vfromlmf - 01-05-2020

(01-05-2020, 06:09 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(01-05-2020, 05:45 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I like Favors but remember, Favors is a big injury risk with creaky old man knees. He's not the missing link you're looking for. 
Averages 70 games per season, I could live with that as long as he's good to go for the playoffs and he's been so for every time Utah has gone.

Actually I think his career average is 65 games, about the same number of games Chandler Parsons averaged when he was in Dallas. But regardless, I do like Favors. His minutes were way down, and the knees concern me, that's all. He's not a guy who'll play for a decade next to Doncic & KP but he's a solid vet and a clear upgrade in areas where the Mavs could use some help, assuming he can stay healthy.

(01-05-2020, 09:24 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Actually I think his career average is 65 games
His career total games played for all full years he played (not counting this year since it is not a full year yet) he totaled 632 games played over 9 years. 632 divided by 9 is 70.222.

Edit: After calculating his total games played for his career (including this year that is not complete) I found your error. That is the 65 number you calculated, 652 divided by 10 years. Not sure why you want to add this year yet.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 01-06-2020

(01-05-2020, 03:44 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:40 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(01-04-2020, 06:15 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Blackmail RC to put Maxi in the starting lineup instead of Dwight and see what happens!

I suspect the pics hit the papers.

Feel dumb... Don't get it...

I was saying that if you try to blackmail RC to play Maxi over DP, he calls your bluff because he can't let go of starting DP.

Rick won't start Maxi bc Maxi is KP's backup. When KP is not on the floor, Maxi slides into his role and yes they still will play some together. I would first like to see Maxi get more minutes. He's at 25 right now, I'd love to see him at 30.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - BigDirk41 - 01-07-2020

Mavs receive Myles Turner and Doug McDermott

Pacers receive Powell, Brunson, Lee and GSW 2nd rounder

Do the Pacers consider this or would we have to offer our 2nd rounder also? I think this trade would make us a more complete team. Turner is a 3 and D center with good size.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 11:09 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Mavs receive Myles Turner and Doug McDermott

Do the Pacers consider this or would we have to offer our 2nd rounder also? I think this trade would make us a more complete team. Turner is a 3 and D center with good size.

It certainly would make us a more complete team. However, I'm sorry, but I think Indy would laugh at this offer. Turner is way better than Powell, much younger on manageable contract. If they are moving him, they are moving him for a "star ransom" imho. Indy wants to compete and they don't need salary relief in the form of unplayable Lee for McDermott, who is playable. Brunson and GSW 2nd are not near enough the compensation for giving away much better players.

(01-07-2020, 11:14 AM)omahen Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:09 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Mavs receive Myles Turner and Doug McDermott

It certainly would make us a more complete team. However, I'm sorry, but I think Indy would laugh at this offer. Turner is way better than Powell, much younger on manageable contract. If they are moving him, they are moving him for a "star ransom" imho. Indy wants to compete and they don't need salary relief in the form of unplayable Lee for McDermott, who is playable. Brunson and GSW 2nd are not near enough the compensation for giving away much better players.
Fair enough. We are thin on assets. McDermott was thrown in to match salaries. He could be swapped for a salary relief player, but that's probably not enough. We can dream..lol. I never expected us to get KP for trash.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Mapka - 01-07-2020

That's the kind of trade the MBT should be looking for.  Bad fit on the  other Team and a throw-in we like.
Would still let us short of an backup big.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 01-07-2020

Do you like this deal just as well with Maxi in place of Powell?  If you are Indy, wouldn't you rather have the floor spreading big next to Sabonis?  

If done in the summer with our first instead of the GSW #2, still good?

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - cow - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 01:10 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

Do you like this deal just as well with Maxi in place of Powell?  If you are Indy, wouldn't you rather have the floor spreading big next to Sabonis?  

Personally, Maxi and DFS are off the table for trade talks unless they are part of a package for a star. Both are new contracts at reasonable prices and in my opinion, are far outperforming those contracts. That's too valuable for Myles Turner type of player (who I like).

After some consideration it's a no if Maxi is included for me. As for your second question I'd be good with the summer trade as long as it's Powell still.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 01:23 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:

After some consideration it's a no if Maxi is included for me. As for your second question I'd be good with the summer trade as long as it's Powell still.

Thanks for your updated response.  I don’t think there is a wrong answer necessarily.  I mainly wanted to point out that the need for what Maxi does is largely universal.  Nearly every team needs what he brings as either a starter or third big.  The need for what Powell does (and does at an elite level) is much more specialized.  You have to have an offensive philosophy that fits and you have to have a very specific front court mate to pair him with.  Post up bigs need not apply.  

Point is we see LOTS of trade scenarios that involve Powell and very few that involve Maxi (mainly because the genesis of most trade ideas is what we want to see).  But, realistic scenarios need to start with what the other team needs (in this case Indy).  If we are gunning for an upgrade like Turner (and he would upgrade both Maxi and Powell), I think a huge percentage of the time, the outgoing is going to need to be Maxi.

Personally, I love what Maxi is doing right now.  BUT, i deal him for Turner without hesitation and start him with KP and move Powell to third big status.  You can mix and match any combination of Powell, KP and Turner and the defense of the starting group will be incredible without giving up much if any on the offensive end IMHO.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 01-07-2020

I agree if you want to get a guy like Myles Turner who is on a good contract as well, you would have to give up Maxi and probably more. I would definitely do it bc at that salary number you still don't have too much money necessarily tied up in bigs with Powell at 10 and Turner at 18. We need another bench stretch bigs but those can be had, albeit not at the Maxi-level quality.

Maxi + Lee would be needed likely for Turner and then you have TE to try to get a stretch big or maybe Crowder can at least give you a big wing to play PF alongside Powell.

I'd also really like to see if we could move Boban for something more useful. He is such a niche player that you don't really get to use him much except in special situations.

I like Turner but I still haven't seen anything that says the Pacers would trade him.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 01-07-2020

(01-07-2020, 01:10 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Do you like this deal just as well with Maxi in place of Powell?  If you are Indy, wouldn't you rather have the floor spreading big next to Sabonis?  

Yes to all, and I am a very big fan of Maxi, but Turner? I honestly don't believe IND would pull the trigger on that unless it was the best they could get, cause I'm sure they are receiving phone calls for him right now.