MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - vfromlmf - 12-17-2019

Lee + no2 --> Hornets
Biyombo --> Mavericks

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 12-17-2019

To me Curry, Wright, DFS and Kleber are all keepers.

Our trade assets are: Lee/TPE/THJ/Brunson/Jackson/Powell/2nd rounders.

If only we could turn all of this into 2 or 3 starters.

Some names that might be available:

Luka's Backourt partner = Bogdanovic (SAC), Holiday (NOP), Lavine (CHI), Satoransky (CHI), Joseph (SAC), Harris (DEN), Beasley (DEN).
Wing defender = Covington (MIN), Iguodala (MEM), Gordon (ORL), Porter (CHI).
KP Duo = Ibaka, (TOR), Favors (NOP), Adams (OKC), Gallinari (OKC), Turner (IND), Drummond (DET), Morris (NYK), Thompson (CLE), Love (CLE).

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 01:00 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: To me Curry, Wright, DFS and Kleber are all keepers.

Luka's Backourt partner = Bogdanovic (SAC), Holiday (NOP), Lavine (CHI), Satoransky (CHI), Joseph (SAC), Harris (DEN), Beasley (DEN).
KP Duo = Ibaka, (TOR), Favors (NOP), Adams (OKC), Gallinari (OKC), Turner (IND), Drummond (DET), Morris (NYK), Thompson (CLE), Love (CLE).

This deserves a Keanu Reeves whoa... your take here is about identical to mine.

I think the Mavs have the ammo to get one and perhaps two of their starters from their current assets. The other can either be a current Mav (Curry? Wright?) or, presuming we're eligible for it, the full MLE. I think the full MLE should be able to get us a player who is an upgrade on either THJ, Powell, or DFS. Thing is, if we made trades for both of the other two starters, we're probably into the luxury tax. This is probably not something that can be worked out in a single year.

The one thing I might part ways with you on is Brunson. I have a personal beef with Brunson right now because 1) with the exception of Wright, I don't trust players who can't adjust their games to share the floor with a generational player, and 2) for a two-time NCAA champion PG BB genius, he sure does a lot of stupid and selfish crap in the clutch. However, he is currently fifth in the league among point guards in RPM, a PER over 17, and has finally hoisted his 3p% over 35%. Combine that with his youth, and he may in fact be quite a bit more of a coveted asset than we as Mavs fans presume - and might be a keeper for a championship-aspiring team. That's the rub - he probably increases what we can get in trade quite a bit. I'd say right now I would only include him as the lynchpin of a trade for a top-75 - perhaps even top-50 - player. One thing that really intrigues me is the idea of Brunson and salary ballast for Jrue. It would arguably be short-sighted of the Pels to turn that down. Make Wright your fulltime backup point and roll.

The other thing I would disagree with you on is no Drummond and no Love in my list - absolutely not.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-17-2019

So saying "Curry, Wright, DFS and Kleber" are all keepers I think is kind of true but also an indication that these are actually the players of value in the trade market. Would we trade them for other similar role guys? No. But if you could cash in some of these players for a star or a legit 3rd core player alongside KP and Luka you would have to do it. You can't fall in love to much with your own players. I definitely would not trade them for an aging player like a Love or CP3-type. I am just saying none of these guys are untouchable for the right move. Only KP and Luka are untouchable. After that anyone is technically available for the right move.

(12-17-2019, 01:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I think the Mavs have the ammo to get one and perhaps two of their starters from their current assets. The other can either be a current Mav (Curry? Wright?) or, presuming we're eligible for it, the full MLE. I think the full MLE should be able to get us a player who is an upgrade on either THJ, Powell, or DFS. Thing is, if we made trades for both of the other two starters, we're probably into the luxury tax. This is probably not something that can be worked out in a single year.

Re: MLE I don't think Mavs will do a multi-year MLE next season unless it's a 1+1 TO type of situation bc Mavs won't want 10 million eating into their 2021 space. I could see Mavs getting into the trade market as well. I love Favors, he would be a good get in my opinion but I am not sure I see the Mavs wanting to give him a 3 or 4 year deal in light of 2021.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Magickian - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 01:29 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 01:00 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: To me Curry, Wright, DFS and Kleber are all keepers.

This deserves a Keanu Reeves whoa... your take here is about identical to mine.

I think the Mavs have the ammo to get one and perhaps two of their starters from their current assets. The other can either be a current Mav (Curry? Wright?) or, presuming we're eligible for it, the full MLE. I think the full MLE should be able to get us a player who is an upgrade on either THJ, Powell, or DFS. Thing is, if we made trades for both of the other two starters, we're probably into the luxury tax. This is probably not something that can be worked out in a single year.

The one thing I might part ways with you on is Brunson. I have a personal beef with Brunson right now because 1) with the exception of Wright, I don't trust players who can't adjust their games to share the floor with a generational player, and 2) for a two-time NCAA champion PG BB genius, he sure does a lot of stupid and selfish crap in the clutch. However, he is currently fifth in the league among point guards in RPM, a PER over 17, and has finally hoisted his 3p% over 35%. Combine that with his youth, and he may in fact be quite a bit more of a coveted asset than we as Mavs fans presume - and might be a keeper for a championship-aspiring team. That's the rub - he probably increases what we can get in trade quite a bit.  I'd say right now I would only include him as the lynchpin of a trade for a top-75 - perhaps even top-50 - player. One thing that really intrigues me is the idea of Brunson and salary ballast for Jrue. It would arguably be short-sighted of the Pels to turn that down. Make Wright your fulltime backup point and roll.

The other thing I would disagree with you on is no Drummond and no Love in my list - absolutely not.

I just posted in the other thread my plan... I think these assets are more than enough for 2-3 players...

and I want Jrue/Iggy/Adams... and I think all three are within our reach with our assets

I love Adams but I haven't seen any hint that OKC is ready to move him. He is still only 26 years old which is pretty amazing.

Gallinari --> Pacers
Lee + Brunson + GSW No2 --> Thunder
Turner --> Mavericks

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 05:15 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Lee + Brunson + GSW No2 --> Thunder
They would then have 4 PGs that all look to play with the ball. We currently have 4 as well.

(12-17-2019, 05:15 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Gallinari --> Pacers
Turner --> Mavericks

https://okcthunderwire.usatoday.com/2019/12/15/why-trading-danilo-gallinari-myles-turner-makes-sense-okc/

Maybe the Thunder would just rather take Turner. I think Turner would be more valuable to them than Brunson and GSW no2.

(12-17-2019, 05:48 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Maybe the Thunder would just rather take Turner.

Then they would have to attach a No 1 to dump Adams. 
Can't have $45 million tied up in two centers.

(12-17-2019, 05:15 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Gallinari --> Pacers
Turner --> Mavericks
Trying to keep with this framework:

Gallinari and GSW 2nd --> Pacers
Lee + Curry + JJ + Mavs 2025 1st --> Thunder
Turner + Roberson --> Mavs

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 12-17-2019

Based on this:

CHI: THJ, Lee, Brunson or Jackson, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd. 
DAL: OPJ, Satoransky, Felicio.

Doncic/Sato/OPJ/KP/DP/Wright/Curry/DFS/Maxi. Brunson or Jackson as a capable 10th man.

Try and find a DP replacement in the draft or in the offseason with our 1st and Brunson or Jackson as assets. If there are no trade kickers, we stay just below the tax.

(12-17-2019, 05:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Gallinari and GSW 2nd --> Pacers
Lee + Curry + JJ + Mavs 2025 1st --> Thunder
Turner + Roberson --> Mavs

That's too much. An expiring + Jackson got Barnes last year. 

Whether you like Barnes stylistically or not, he and Gallinari offer very similar production so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think an expiring + Jackson would return a solid Gallinari / Barnes level starter. 

This feels like a reasonably fair offer given the Pacers need and Turner's youth & upside.

Gallinari + 2025 1st --> Pacers
Lee + Jackson --> OKC
Turner + Sampson --> Mavs

(12-17-2019, 07:08 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: An expiring + Jackson got Barnes last year. 
My thought on that trade is there aren't many FOs that would have made that deal unless an ultimatum was made that didn't go public (the not going public sounds like HB, but not an ultimatum). 

The trade was for the biggest TE in NBA history and Jackson. Not sure what has more value though, the TE or an expiring. Depends on the want of the team in negotiation I suppose since the expiring can be combined with other players.

I mean, hey, if we can get Turner for that, I'm sooooo on board. I just think the proposal is undervaluing his pretty young talent on a very reasonable contract.

(edit) Also, this trade would mean we should be able to get Turner and Sampson with Lee +JJ+ GSW 2nd straight up. I myself don't think that is what Ind would accept in value.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - deronjohn - 12-17-2019

Not sure if its correct but I did the following trade and it passed the trade check

Isiah Roby + Courtney Lee + Ryan Broekhoff + Golden St. 2nd = OKC

Steven Adams  + Future 1st Rd Pick (Protected) = Dallas Mavericks

This is significant because the Mavericks would hold on to the THJ contract and gain a 1st 

Future Deal Possibilities for a star is

2 to 3 1st Rd Picks plus a Player plus a young piece

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - bartlettbear - 12-17-2019

Go get Morris from the Knicks and be done with it.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 12-17-2019

Mavs fans:  We love Steven Adams.  He's underrated and would fit perfect on this team.

also Mavs fans:  We'll give you a bunch of garbage and we want a 1st round pick back to absorb Adams contract.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 09:34 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Mavs fans:  We love Steven Adams.  He's underrated and would fit perfect on this team.

also Mavs fans:  We'll give you a bunch of garbage and we want a 1st round pick back to absorb Adams contract.

Also Mav's fans:  We have a roster full of no better than 7th man types on a championship team

Also Mav's fans:  3 of those 7th man types, a second rounder and a first rounder six drafts from now will surely get us a third star

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 12-17-2019

(12-17-2019, 11:29 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(12-17-2019, 09:34 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Mavs fans: We love Steven Adams. He's underrated and would fit perfect on this team.

also Mavs fans: We'll give you a bunch of garbage and we want a 1st round pick back to absorb Adams contract.

Also Mav's fans: We have a roster full of no better than 7th man types on a championship team

Also Mav's fans: 3 of those 7th man types, a second rounder and a first rounder six drafts from now will surely get us a third star

The alternative to this kind of thinking is, "Welp, better enjoy Luka now, because the MBT has put us in a situation in which the roster cannot be improved in the next two or three years, so he'll walk when they can't get him any more help." I choose not to wallow in that pit of despair. In all seriousness, I don't know that they can get a third star (e.g. Beal) but they should be able to use their assets to get a real starter or two. If you don't think that's realistic, remember Howard-for-Butler/Hayward/DSteve. There are always suckers out there waiting to be fleeced if the Mavs can find them.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - fifteenth - 12-17-2019

I don't think Dan actually believes that our roster is made up of 7th man types.