MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 12-13-2019

(12-13-2019, 01:51 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: I would assume he would have to commit to playing, or else the Mavs wouldn't acquire him.
I agree, just seems there would be less enthusiasm about wanting him due to this.

(12-13-2019, 02:01 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: He will play here.  Mavs are a legit contender this year, which no one knew last summer.

I agree that they (currently) shouldn't be left out of the conversation, but it doesn't matter what either of us thinks, it's what Iggy thinks. What we do know is he won't play for Mem and wouldn't even show up for training camp. That is not a very good sign to me.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - cow - 12-13-2019

Random:

-Looney's neuropathy scares me. I really wanted him this past off season.
-Iggy doesn't excite me at all for some reason. I guess if you give up next to nothing, he's worth kicking the tires. Maybe he will be this teams Sean Marion type of pickup. He'd e one of the last ground balls that I run out though.
-It does feel like we'll be active buyers during the TDL. I'm not sure anyone expected the team to be this good, this fast. It does feel like we are missing a key ingredient or two to compete with the best o the best.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - HanspardsShowerVoice - 12-13-2019

The only way Memphis gets better than the Golden State 2nd round pick for Iggy is if they agree to take long term salary back, and they wont want to do that imho.

I don't see the Clippers going after him because they owe almost all of their trade capital to OKC, and they aren't going to want to trade anyone out of their current rotation. They might look to add him as a free agent if Memphis buys him out.

Lakers have one viable trade piece, Kuzma. I could definite see them putting him on the block for their "final piece" trade, because he's not a good fit with LeBron and Davis and he's currently just playing around 23 minutes a game. They need shooting and wing defense, but if I'm the Lakers I'm not blowing my Kuzma chip on Iggy. I'm using the Kuzma chip to try to land RoCo or Bogdanovic from the Kings.

Denver owes their 2020 first round pick to OKC. They can't offer a 1st round pick until 2022.

I really have no concerns about Iggy refusing to show up for Memphis. They don't even value him as a player who can help win them games, they just look at him as a piece of meat to put on market. He's at a point in his career where he doesn't have to risk injury for a paycheck in that kind of situation.

As to what Iggy provides Dallas ... championship experience for a team that can contend for a title and 15 minutes a night on Kawhi/Paul George in a playoff series. Where else are they getting that from? I'd love to get RoCo, but I don't see it happening.

(12-13-2019, 08:39 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: I really have no concerns about Iggy refusing to show up for Memphis.    They don't even value him as a player who can help win them games, they just look at him as a piece of meat to put on market.    He's at a point in his career where he doesn't have to risk injury for a paycheck in that kind of situation.
I don’t know if it is a big deal or not, just fishy and unprofessional. Mem wanted and expected him to show up for training camp and play for them, he refused. The two sat down and met about it and came out of it with an agreement that he wouldn’t play for them and they would try to find a trade for him. Nothing was reported from the meeting as far as specifics, so nothing but speculation can be said about why Mem turned around on their expectations. All we do know is Iggy wants to play in CA.

I fully agree with what he can bring to the table and would welcome him if we got him and he wanted to and would actually play for us. Just think the red flags would have at least put caution in a lot of the trade talk for him. I like how cow put it, “he’d be one of the last ground balls I run out though”. 

I also would rather keep the GSW pick if that was the best we could get from that asset honestly. The money savings should be enough for Mem to trade Lee for Iggy. If it’s not, a pick swap of the Utah’s second or one of our future seconds with some protection should be the only extra tip I gave them. That to me is worth the experience he would bring to the 1 playoff season he’d be here as a 36 yo vet. At least he wouldn’t have a full season of wear and tear on his body and might not actually be injured for the playoffs.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Jym - 12-13-2019

Yeah I dont want to give up that GS pick for an expiring guy who we wouldn't want to sign long term. That pick has just as much value as a late first rounder

(12-13-2019, 01:53 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I dont want to give up that GS pick for an expiring guy who we wouldn't want to sign long term. That pick has just as much value as a late first rounder
Sometimes more to the right team who doesn't want guaranteed salary from a late first rounder.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 12-13-2019

I like Iggy a lot. Not sure it would take that GS pick or not. I am on the fence about it some. I think there's a good chance a move like Iggy can get you past the first round which would be significant. I remember win the young Mavs beat the Jazz many years ago it was a big moment in the Dirk era. A second round pick may never materialize into anything. Brunson was great but you don't get gems like that every draft and Brunson isn't necessarily a superstar either. I don't want to overweight the value of that pick.

(12-13-2019, 01:00 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-13-2019, 12:51 AM)Aussiebballer Wrote: It is hard to figure what Memphis actually think they can get for Iggy.
Can't see a team giving a first for him so GSW 2nd rd pick is pretty decent.
Crowder is expiring and not shooting that great so a mid 2nd should be fine.
The trade ideas being floated around about taking on salary by trading Lee to get Iggy should be enough compensation, if they want more, a second round pick swap of Utah's second is what's on the table in my mind. If they include Crowder, and we take on that much more salary to save them that money, I'd give them the Utah second and one of our future second's with a protection. Sure, they can have Broekhoff, maybe even Roby too.

I'd love to get Crowder and Iggy from Memphis.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 12-13-2019

(12-13-2019, 12:47 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Who knows how much Iggy has left in the tank.

I'm tempted to save that GS 2nd rounder to combine with our 1st rounder on draft night.

That's a very good point that a lot of us (me very much included) are overlooking. How much DOES iggy have left? I, like many others, are assuming he's still that extremely high impact player he was on GSW. Maybe he has lost a lot, thus why its hard for Memphis to move him.

Either way I am in no way interested just giving that GSW 2nd rounder for Iggy straight up. Memphis would have to attach a lot more to make that worthwhile, especially given that the Mavs have a lot of options come draft night with those 2 picks.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - vfromlmf - 12-13-2019

Jazz need to replace Favors. 

Tristan Thompson --> UTAH
Courtney Lee + Ed Davis + DAL#2 --> CLE
Royce O'Neal + Dante Exum --> DAL

Utah: Thompson replaces what Favors gave them last year and adds scoring. Exum is out of the rotation anyway so it's basically Royce for Thompson.

Cleveland: Gets a high no 2 pick for swapping expiring contracts. Davis is a functional center on a low salary. Lee retains value to swap again.

Dallas: Adds a knock down 3D wing and can maybe rehab Exum.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Branduil - 12-13-2019

That's a horrible trade for the Mavs

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - SkenfromLMF - 12-13-2019

Man after last night I would be willing to mortgage assets to land Drummond. I think he would compliment Porzingas. He looked GREAT keeping Detroit in the game for a stretch...

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 12-13-2019

(12-13-2019, 07:15 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Jazz need to replace Favors. 

Tristan Thompson --> UTAH
Courtney Lee + Ed Davis + DAL#2 --> CLE
Royce O'Neal + Dante Exum --> DAL

Utah: Thompson replaces what Favors gave them last year and adds scoring. Exum is out of the rotation anyway so it's basically Royce for Thompson.

Cleveland: Gets a high no 2 pick for swapping expiring contracts. Davis is a functional center on a low salary. Lee retains value to swap again.

Dallas: Adds a knock down 3D wing and can maybe rehab Exum.

So, the GSW #2 for the RFA rights to O'Neale?  Sign me up for that.  I don't really mind having to eat Exum.  He may never be healthy, but he's a trade-able contract this summer or next TDL.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 12-13-2019

(12-13-2019, 09:05 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: Man after last night I would be willing to mortgage assets to land Drummond. I think he would compliment Porzingas. He looked GREAT keeping Detroit in the game for a stretch...

My biggest issue with Drummond is his drive to compete. It seems like basketball is secondary to him, and that he doesn't have a competitive fire. 

Exhibit A: https://youtu.be/ZaqsPRUootE

Drummond has his own Kardashian like mini-series and in the very first episode we see Drummond, a 26 year old man, living in a house with 10 other dudes, playing with nerf guns and him aspiring to be a musician. Wherein he consistently says that basketball isn't a priority and he needs something for when his career ends. Multiple red flags. Do we really want that guy to be with Luka? Luka literally ripped multiple jerseys after loses in a tanking year. I can already see the clashes ala Kobe and Dwight Howard. And that's before we even talk about his fit with Carlisle!

I love Drummonds game, and he'd certainly add a new interesting wrinkle to the team, but attitude wise I think it'll be DOA, no matter the talent.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 12-13-2019

Beasley + Bertans might be some interesting targets

We could theoretically space the floor for Luka and Porzingis with Bertans (46.5 3pt FG currently), Beasley (40.7) and Curry (41.1).

Maybe we do that whole Houston D´Antoni thing, only much better.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Jym - 12-13-2019

A Lee for Ariza swap might help us out
Some good length to pair with DFS for a defensive lineup 
Only 1.8 mil of his deal is guaranteed for next year

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - Flipper - 12-13-2019

(12-13-2019, 10:05 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Beasley + Bertans might be some interesting targets

We could theoretically space the floor for Luka and Porzingis with Bertans (46.5 3pt FG currently), Beasley (40.7) and Curry (41.1).

Maybe we do that whole Houston D´Antoni thing, only much better.
Would love to add either one of those guys, especially Bertans.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 12-14-2019

Interesting scenario for Latvian 21 year old.  Brooklyn has to drop someone once Chandler's suspension is up.  GSW second for Kurucs?  Seems like a fit from a style standpoint.

Multiple Teams Doing Homework On Rodions Kurucs
December 12th 2019 at 10:25am CST by Luke Adams

At least two teams are devoting resources to conducting a “full background check” on Nets forward Rodions Kurucs to see if he makes sense as a trade target, sources tell ESPN’s Bobby Marks (Insider link).
Kurucs had a promising rookie season in 2018/19, averaging 8.5 PPG and 3.9 RPG in 63 games (46 starts) and shooting 45.0% from the field. This season, the 21-year-old hasn’t been a regular part of Brooklyn’s rotation, recording just 2.3 PPG and 2.2 RPG on 39.1% shooting in 10 contests (9.9 MPG).
Additionally, Kurucs was arrested during the offseason on a domestic violence charge. The case related to those allegations is ongoing, and the background checks referred to by Marks will presumably focus on determining how credible that accusation is.
The Nets will face a roster crunch within the next few days when Wilson Chandler‘s 25-game suspension comes to an end. The team has been carrying Iman Shumpert as a 16th man, but will have to get back to down to 15 players when Chandler is eligible to be reinstated.
If Brooklyn isn’t prepared to waive a player like Shumpert, Chandler, or David Nwaba, a move involving Kurucs could be a possibility.

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - TXBamanut - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 06:27 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Interesting scenario for Latvian 21 year old.  Brooklyn has to drop someone once Chandler's suspension is up.  GSW second for Kurucs?  Seems like a fit from a style standpoint.

Multiple Teams Doing Homework On Rodions Kurucs
December 12th 2019 at 10:25am CST by Luke Adams

At least two teams are devoting resources to conducting a “full background check” on Nets forward Rodions Kurucs to see if he makes sense as a trade target, sources tell ESPN’s Bobby Marks (Insider link).
Kurucs had a promising rookie season in 2018/19, averaging 8.5 PPG and 3.9 RPG in 63 games (46 starts) and shooting 45.0% from the field. This season, the 21-year-old hasn’t been a regular part of Brooklyn’s rotation, recording just 2.3 PPG and 2.2 RPG on 39.1% shooting in 10 contests (9.9 MPG).
Additionally, Kurucs was arrested during the offseason on a domestic violence charge. The case related to those allegations is ongoing, and the background checks referred to by Marks will presumably focus on determining how credible that accusation is.
The Nets will face a roster crunch within the next few days when Wilson Chandler‘s 25-game suspension comes to an end. The team has been carrying Iman Shumpert as a 16th man, but will have to get back to down to 15 players when Chandler is eligible to be reinstated.
If Brooklyn isn’t prepared to waive a player like Shumpert, Chandler, or David Nwaba, a move involving Kurucs could be a possibility.

They waived Shumpert yesterday, so this would be moot.

https://www.netsdaily.com/2019/12/12/21012856/shams-nets-waive-iman-shumpert-in-surprise-move-to-get-under-roster-limit

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 12-14-2019

Bertans (Latvian) and we absorb the rest of Mahinmi's final season (to provide big man depth).  We give up the GSW 2nd, Lee and Roby (we either add a body or have to cut someone).  In the summer re-sign Bertans and let Mahinmi walk.  Bertans will be EB at that time, so we can go up to $12.25mm, which will probably be enough.  No other contender will have more than the MLE. 

http://tradenba.com/trades/BksYW9zAr

RE: Mavs Trade Ideas + Salary Chart - omahen - 12-14-2019

(12-14-2019, 11:52 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Bertans (Latvian) and we absorb the rest of Mahinmi's final season (to provide big man depth).  We give up the GSW 2nd, Lee and Roby (we either add a body or have to cut someone).  In the summer re-sign Bertans and let Mahinmi walk.  Bertans will be EB at that time, so we can go up to $12.25mm, which will probably be enough.  No other contender will have more than the MLE. 

http://tradenba.com/trades/BksYW9zAr

Bertans would be great fit for the bench instead of Curry. Wright-Brunson-JJ-Bertans-Maxi. Beasley for THJ role. Would a MLE be enough for him in the summer? All the rest of the assets (THJ, Seth, 2020 1st rounder,...) for DFS replacement in the first unit.

Btw: Is Reaves ready to crack the rotation?