MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - dirkfansince1998 - 11-27-2019

We have mentioned it multiple times but Favors for an infinite amount of 2nds and Lee is probably the best win now move that wouldn´t have any impact on future cap decisions. I don´t think Cuban and Donnie are willing to take on longterm salary. I actually prefer his fit over Adamss because he would provide similar toughness and physicality with the added bonus of better switching ability and at least some shooting touch.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Aussiebballer - 11-27-2019

If OKC would do it I would do...
Adams + Gallinari for THJ + Lee + Jackson + Brunson + Bro + two 2nds
with Roberson for the TPE
May have to give OKC some cash so they can buy out a player to fit in the extra.

Saves OKC close to $20mil this season, Gallo is a free-agent and unlikely to stay unless they over pay him which they won't if they are serious about rebuilding.

Brunson is a decent player but with Wright on the bench Brunson can be moved, Jackson isn't being used anyway.

Gives Dallas
Luka
Curry or Wright
Gallo
KP
Adams

Offense would be awesome, Luka and Gallo on defense could be "interesting"

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ThunderMav - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 05:49 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: ThunderMav

Any idea what OKC would expect back for Adams?
Does the team see him as a key piece or are they having second thoughts on the size of his contract?

Would taking on Roberson's contract for the trade exception be enough of a sweetener to do Adams for THJ + Jackson + 1 or 2 2nd rd picks?

It saves OKC $13mil this season.

I don’t think they were truly looking to trade him, I think Presti is always looking to kick tires just to figure out value.  Even though we’re tanking he’s a key cog in helping the rebuild imo.  Plus we have to look at this being the first season in a long time to have no chance of playoffs and fan support is going to be a huge consideration.  He sill help keep interest and full or mostly full arena.  

I do think he would be a great fit he’s a team player first and cares less about his own stats over good of team.  Plus you have a better coach who would spell him properly.

Gallo is the one you want if no Adams.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 02:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Then, on draft night,
1) Our 2020 first.
2) THJ as cap ballast for a big trade.
At that point we would also have 2025 and 2027 (unless there is a later date the 2027 becomes available) firsts if we hadn’t used the 2025 this year,

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 07:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
1) Our 2020 first.
At that point we would also have 2025 and 2027 (unless there is a later date the 2027 becomes available) firsts if we hadn’t used the 2025 this year,

I know you're being facetious because you bash your head against the wall that the Mavs don't value the draft. But the Mavs 1) may not have much of any cap room next offseason, and 2) are very likely to be in desperate need of that third guy next to Luka and KP. THJ greases the trade, and the first pays for it.

If you have a better way for the Mavs to have an at least minimally decent offseason, I'm all ears.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 11-27-2019

The longer the season goes on the more I think about how perfect a fit and signing Al Horford would have been.

I still don't see why Philly went so hard to sign him, but imagining a KP/Horford duo would have been EXACTLY what this team needs.  He can stretch the floor, defend, vet leadership. He's basically a better version of Kleber. 

I doubt Philly will trade him though, especially for spare parts.

(11-27-2019, 07:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The longer the season goes on the more I think about how perfect a fit and signing Al Horford would have been.

I still don't see why Philly went so hard to sign him, but imagining a KP/Horford duo would have been EXACTLY what this team needs.  He can stretch the floor, defend, vet leadership. He's basically a better version of Kleber. 

They traded for Horford because he exposed Embiid in the playoffs. Next trade target is probably Marc Gasol. Big Grin

Back on topic: I like Horfords fit but given his age he is not really an option. Foot speed isn´t as good as it was and I don´t know how much longer his bball IQ  can make up for it.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 08:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 07:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: The longer the season goes on the more I think about how perfect a fit and signing Al Horford would have been.

They traded for Horford because he exposed Embiid in the playoffs. Next trade target is probably Marc Gasol. Big Grin

Back on topic: I like Horfords fit but given his age he is not really an option. Foot speed isn´t as good as it was and I don´t know how much longer his bball IQ  can make up for it.
 I can see it now, night of trade deadline Philly sends 40 draft picks to the Raptors for Marc Gasol so that Embiid never has to face him again lol

I think age-wise Horford isn't THAT far gone where the Mavs would be wary to trade for him. He's only 33, which isn't ancient by any means. He's certainly not the same springy Horford from Atlanta, but his positioning is top notch and is why he's able to guard opposing bigs so effectively. I figured at worst, Horford couldn't be worse on defense than Powell even on his worst night, and he can effectively stretch the floor as a great spot up shooter. 

The only thing Horford is deficient at is being a lob threat, which is something the Mavs always have had with Luka on the floor. I think KP can seamlessly take up that role, but RC hasn't used him as a roller at all. '

But it's all moot since Philly isn't going to think about trading him until they see how they fare in the playoffs.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - BigDirk41 - 11-27-2019

My dream trade would be to aquire Draymond some how. He would fit perfect on this team and can actually be a secondary playmaker. He's not a big scorer, but can create for others. He adds the toughness we need and is a very high energy guy. I don't see anyway we could acquire him, but it would be great if we could.

Most importantly he's a great defender and leader.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-27-2019

I'm having a hard time putting together a package for even a real starter.  We've got like no trade assets.  Kleber, DFS, and Wright are decent for their contracts but dont really move the needle much for another team.  Powell, THJ, and Lee all have negative value.  Brunson's value has gotta be at a low point.  JJ is inconsequential.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Jym - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 09:15 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'm having a hard time putting together a package for even a real starter.  We've got like no trade assets.  Kleber, DFS, and Wright are decent for their contracts but dont really move the needle much for another team.  Powell, THJ, and Lee all have negative value.  Brunson's value has gotta be at a low point.  JJ is inconsequential.

That warriors pick is suddenly fairly valuable. Effectively a late first rounder. But yeah nothing great to offer

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - BigDirk41 - 11-27-2019

(11-27-2019, 09:15 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'm having a hard time putting together a package for even a real starter.  We've got like no trade assets.  Kleber, DFS, and Wright are decent for their contracts but dont really move the needle much for another team.  Powell, THJ, and Lee all have negative value.  Brunson's value has gotta be at a low point.  JJ is inconsequential.
Yeah I'm not sure what we can really offer other than Lee as a expiring and some of our 2nd round picks. I really wish we wouldn't have extended Powell. I don't get RC's and Cuban's fascination with him. Prior to us showcasing him, probably 80% of us wanted him to opt out. Somehow a lot of fans bought into his own showcasing in meaningless games.

(11-27-2019, 09:25 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
Yeah I'm not sure what we can really offer other than Lee as a expiring and some of our 2nd round picks. I really wish we wouldn't have extended Powell. I don't get RC's and Cuban's fascination with him. Prior to us showcasing him, probably 80% of us wanted him to opt out. Somehow a lot of fans bought into his own showcasing in meaningless games.

Still trying to win the Rondo trade...

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 11-27-2019

He's apparently a great guy.  Probably the same reason they signed Boban.  Someone told Cuban nice guys are the current market inefficiency.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - ItsGoTime - 11-28-2019

(11-27-2019, 07:42 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 07:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
1) Our 2020 first.

I know you're being facetious because you bash your head against the wall that the Mavs don't value the draft. But the Mavs 1) may not have much of any cap room next offseason, and 2) are very likely to be in desperate need of that third guy next to Luka and KP. THJ greases the trade, and the first pays for it.

If you have a better way for the Mavs to have an at least minimally decent offseason, I'm all ears.
I'm not being facetious. My thoughts on how the Mavs value the draft is a lot more nuanced than that. It has started to change as well since Finley has been in the office because that is when the draft seemed to be taken more seriously. At this point I need more time to make any definitive statement about what I see and think about that. 

I was trying to be more accurate as to the draft day assets we have, because the amount of holes we need to fill, we just might need those extra 2 firsts. Also, the type of talent we need at this point, I believe, is easier to target and acquire in trade as opposed to in the mid to late first round.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - omahen - 11-28-2019

I am not really high into getting one year rentals unless it is a really great player. Looking at longer deals, this year we can only hope to trade for bad contracts and perhaps get a pick. Here is a list of bad contracts based on current production with their teams:
Paul (38 mil) - huge risk
Porter (27 mil) - big risk
Batum (25) - brings nothing, Charlotte is rebuilding so I doubt they would be willing to attach picks
Dieng (16) - most likely option in my opinion. Minnesota could use an upgrade this season, cap space next season and could pay a pick
James Johnson (15) - Miami has no picks
Dedmon (13) - Sacramento could be our partner again. Dedmon is awful with them. Could he be better for us?
Ariza (12) - look above
Waiters (12) - Miami has no picks
Joseph (12) - Let's just hope they don't attach Divac to the trade because their offseason was terrible
Snell (11) - Don't really see it. Detroit is a mistery 
DeAndre (10) - one of the worse contracts in the league. 4 years of clown
Exum (9) - Utah would look for an upgrade, but has no picks
Felicio (8) - perhaps a heavily protected first or couple of seconds to take his contract

List of borderline bad contracts:
Adams (25)
Schroeder (15)
Gordon (14)

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - JamesConway - 11-28-2019

(11-27-2019, 03:39 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 02:14 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'm out on Iggy.

Can't agree more. Trully hope this rumors are there just to raise his price or make potential buyers nervous. Iguodala is a half year rental and I doubt he is capable to be a difference maker at this stage of his career.
Also we literally could have absorbed him into our caproom last summer AND receive a 1st round pick for him. Apparently we weren't interested then so MEM took the deal.

Paying assets now to get him would be absurd. There's no other way to describe this.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Branduil - 11-28-2019

I think Lee + the GS 2nd can probably get a bruiser type like Favors of Thompson. The other starters are much harder.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 11-28-2019

Our trade assets going into the TDL are:

- Lee: expiring that can be a salary match or traded for a bigger expiring starter (Thompson/Favors);

- Big TPE of 11.8M: can be used to absorb another team's bad contract to sweeten the deal (Dellavedova/Snell);

- Powell and THJ: bad contracts, but maybe some team falls in love with them IDK, could be used as fillers as well for other bad contracts that could be more useful to us (Nance/Zeller/Batum/Ariza/Gay);

- 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd and 2021 DAL 2nd. Has no immediate value to us and could be put in trades to sweeten the pot. Delon/Satoransky are examples of guys adquired in the offseason for 2nd rounders (not saying we could adquire this kind of talent for only the 2nd rounders, but it is something).

- Kleber, DFS and Wright are keepers. Good value contracts for good glue guys that do a little bit of everything. Only trade those guys if we land a legit 3rd star.

- Curry, Brunson and Jackson are young guys that can thrive in the right situation, but right now have little use for us. Only trade these guys if we land a starter caliber player.

RE: Trade Ideas + Mavs Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 11-28-2019

Not really clear as to why the Pels would trade us Favors without getting some really juicy compensation back. He's a very good player on an expiring contract. We would probably have to give them most of our positive assets. Moreover, there's no way I do that without his agreeing to sign an extension with us first - which of course gets rid of any 2021 cap space. But his fit here next to KP in the starting lineup is ideal - perhaps the most ideal of any player in the entire league, bar none. Another problem beyond that is that you still don't have that player next to Luka who can create his own shot.