MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 08-08-2020

https://twitter.com/therealmikekb/status/1292197629334560768

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 05:02 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/therealmikekb/status/1292197629334560768

The only way Philly would consider trading either of them would be to get a same level star back. I doubt Dallas would consider trading KP.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 05:27 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 05:02 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/therealmikekb/status/1292197629334560768

The only way Philly would consider trading either of them would be to get a same level star back. I doubt Dallas would consider trading KP.

I definitely think a bit of my homerism is coming into to play but KP is a MUCH better player to build a team around than Simmons. And my controversial opinion is that KP>Embiid. 

No reason for the Mavs to even try and get one of them unless the 76ers love a package of Powell THJ and Wright. Then by all means.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 08-08-2020

Ben Simmons doesn't make any sense on this team

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - dirkfansince1998 - 08-08-2020

(08-08-2020, 05:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 05:27 PM)omahen Wrote:

I definitely think a bit of my homerism is coming into to play but KP is a MUCH better player to build a team around than Simmons. And my controversial opinion is that KP>Embiid. 

No reason for the Mavs to even try and get one of them unless the 76ers love a package of Powell THJ and Wright. Then by all means.

Not really sure the Mavs need another Doncic or KP. They certainly don´t need another super high volume scorer. Simmons might not be the greatest first option but in a Mavs jersey he wouldn´t need to.
Simmons has flaws. No jumpshot and mediocre freethrow shooting leading to problems when it comes to scoring in half court sets but he also has strengths that would fit perfectly next KP and Doncic. He is one of the best defenders in the league and can guard 1-5. He is an alltime great athlet and similar to Doncic has amazing handles and vision for a player of his size. In transition he easily is among the top 3 players in the league. Giannis is better, not sure if LBJ still is.

On the Mavs he would greatly benefit from the teams (especially KPs) spacing and could attack even more.
I imagine him in a Draymond-plus role. Starting at PF and anchoring the defense. Being the secondary ballhandler next to Doncic but also being used as a screener. Staggering minutes to make sure that one of the two main ballhandlers is always on the floor.

Even if he never improves his jumpshot I would easily take him over any rumored free agent except for Giannis in 2021. That won´t happen anyway so the Mavs might as well call Philly. The 76ers will laugh at the Mavs offer and the fantasy is over. No way another teams repeats the Knicks mistake and gifts another allstar to Dallas.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mike lorenzo - 08-08-2020

I love Gordon but his setting here doesn't convince me KP doesn't look good with Powell,
Gordon similar role in Dallas The boy shoots below average all 3
obstruct Luka lane
I feel like guys like Opj / T.Harris / M.Morris / Anunoby / Richardson / D.Green
they would be ideal goals some overpaid (Harris / Opj) an old one (Green) some possibly unreachable (Anunoby)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 08-08-2020

Cuban needs to make the pitch of his life next summer. Giannis is 25. Porzingis is 25. Doncic is 21. At that point you don´t even need to work as a front office anymore. You just hire three security guards that sort out all the veterans and elite roleplayers trying to break into your offices every summer FOR THE NEXT DECADE.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mike lorenzo - 08-09-2020

Is there any chance that Giannis ?will choose us I feel like Bucks / Heat / Raptors would be his preferences ... what ties does he have with Dallas?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - khaled1987 - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 03:01 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Is there any chance that Giannis ?will choose us I feel like Bucks / Heat / Raptors would be his preferences ... what ties does he have with Dallas?

He really doesn't have any ties with any other team than the Bucks.

Mavs provide him a different conference than that of his current team, and 2 superstars/stars younger than him with an elite coach.
I mean if he wants to leave the Bucks it will be to win it all. I am not sure 32 years old Butler or  Siakem give him a better chance than us.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - swaggerbox - 08-09-2020

ties? giannis and his family are friends with donnie nelsonand tony ronzone since giannis was a teen.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mike lorenzo - 08-09-2020

thanks for your answers ... so great ... let's go for it ... I read that he and Adebayo are great friends ... for the advantages of life in Miami etc ... I just don't know anything about it

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 03:39 AM)khaled1987 Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 03:01 AM)Mike lorenzo Wrote: Is there any chance that Giannis ?will choose us I feel like Bucks / Heat / Raptors would be his preferences ... what ties does he have with Dallas?

He really doesn't have any ties with any other team than the Bucks.

Mavs provide him a different conference than that of his current team, and 2 superstars/stars younger than him with an elite coach.
I mean if he wants to leave the Bucks it will be to win it all. I am not sure 32 years old Butler or  Siakem give him a better chance than us.

It´s very likely he stays with the Bucks, but if he does leave, it wil be for competitive reasons and I really don´t see any team that could make a better case than us. 

Though I feel Giannis has strong ties to his African roots. He seems to be close with Ujiri, Embiid, Adebayo and Siakam. That´s probably what Toronto and Miami count on. Confused

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 08:24 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Though I feel Giannis has strong ties to his African roots.

Easy peasy. Send #31 for Bol Bol, #18 for Bamba, Wright for Aminu, future 2nd for Diallo, WCS for Tacko, sign Mudiay, Sefolosha and Biyombo in FA and we are set Smile

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SamStetz - 08-09-2020

I hope this year they don’t let a good opportunity pass them by. Last year they could’ve had TJ Warren and a second rounder for cash, and he got sent to Indiana. Let’s take advantage of these scenarios, and try to grab a 2021 draft pick since that class is suppose to be deep.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 12:50 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Let’s take advantage of these scenarios

We don't have cap space this summer

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SamStetz - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 01:01 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-09-2020, 12:50 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Let’s take advantage of these scenarios

We don't have cap space this summer

Hahah it just seems so normal to be watching basketball again with thoughts on the upcoming FA and draft that I forgot to consider the fact that the cap might go down, or at least not be at $115mil this upcoming year.

That said, if the cap stays at $115, THJ opts in, and WCS opts out, Dallas could take on Felicio as a salary dump. I'm not after him the player, but I'd like to snag a 2021 second rounder.

Lots of moving parts, especially where the salary cap gets set. THJ's decision holds up about $19mil in either cap space that can be used to resign him at a lower cost, sign other/replacement player, or allow Dallas to be a place for a team to dump bad salary with an asset. The space isn't as flexible as last year in Warren's case because Dallas doesn't have a TPE this time.

Unless there is something in the works to S&T Lee, keeping his cap hold is useless and could be removed to free up the space for a Felicio salary dump (or someone else making roughly the same amount).

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 08-09-2020

Mavs roster building made simple. All time great player in Luka. KP as your 2nd star, scorer. You have another facilitator in Brunson who is a core piece. Maxi is your KP backup. Everyone else is disposable or upgradable on paper. You simply need to assemble as many 3D players as possible. Luka with spacing is virtually unstoppable. To win a championship you need your other guys to hit wide open shots and play defense.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 08-09-2020

(08-08-2020, 03:16 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I sure hope you are right about the Bulls. I have been on record saying, they´ll do something stupid soon.

There are lots of Chicago related trades floating about...LaVine, OPJ, Markkanen, Dunn and even Felicio.  To me, the most realistic of the bunch is  Thaddeus Young.  He's a veteran 4/3 (like the ones LAC seems to have in waves) who is a very good defender and can stand in the corner and hit a 3.  Chicago was way too optimistic about their standing in the world when they brought him in.  He's a much better fit on a roster that is further along than theirs.  My version would be Young/Kornet (cheap one year Powell insurance) for Wright and Jackson.

A couple of roster building notes.  Young is guaranteed $6mm in 21.  So, he could be dealt to a team at the TDL and bring back someone making $18 million.  He also makes $3mm less than Wright if space were needed.  Second, a move like this would make the Campazzo talk make a little more sense.  Campazzo almost certainly requires use of a big chunk of the MLE...cutting off our path to a Power Wing or 3&D Wing (however you want to put it).  But, if you sign the foreigner and trade for the Power Wing, then you know exactly what you have.  This isn't as exciting of some of the possibilities that get discussed.  But, it fits well with what we have (assuming Campazzo can play).  Finally, Kornet is a North Texas kid.  Interestingly (at least to me), three of the players...Justin Jackson, Young and Kornet in this proposal all have the same agent.  

I don't envision any picks being used in this deal.  Dallas could swing for the fences on upside as it wouldn't be needed for a couple of years.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 08-09-2020

What would Dallas be trading for OPJ? THJ?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Scott41theMavs - 08-09-2020

(08-09-2020, 04:29 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 03:16 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: I sure hope you are right about the Bulls. I have been on record saying, they´ll do something stupid soon.

There are lots of Chicago related trades floating about...LaVine, OPJ, Markkanen, Dunn and even Felicio. To me, the most realistic of the bunch is Thaddeus Young. He's a veteran 4/3 (like the ones LAC seems to have in waves) who is a very good defender and can stand in the corner and hit a 3. Chicago was way too optimistic about their standing in the world when they brought him in. He's a much better fit on a roster that is further along than theirs. My version would be Young/Kornet (cheap one year Powell insurance) for Wright and Jackson.

A couple of roster building notes. Young is guaranteed $6mm in 21. So, he could be dealt to a team at the TDL and bring back someone making $18 million. He also makes $3mm less than Wright if space were needed. Second, a move like this would make the Campazzo talk make a little more sense. Campazzo almost certainly requires use of a big chunk of the MLE...cutting off our path to a Power Wing or 3&D Wing (however you want to put it). But, if you sign the foreigner and trade for the Power Wing, then you know exactly what you have. This isn't as exciting of some of the possibilities that get discussed. But, it fits well with what we have (assuming Campazzo can play). Finally, Kornet is a North Texas kid. Interestingly (at least to me), three of the players...Justin Jackson, Young and Kornet in this proposal all have the same agent.

I don't envision any picks being used in this deal. Dallas could swing for the fences on upside as it wouldn't be needed for a couple of years.

Sign me up.