MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Trade Ideas - Mavs2019 - 11-11-2019

(11-11-2019, 01:30 AM)deronjohn Wrote: Portland Receives:
-Kevin Love (28 Million)
-Justin Jackson  3 Million)

Dallas Receives: 
-Tristan Thompson (18 Million)
-Rodney Hood (6 Million)
-John Henson (9 Million)

Cleveland Receives:
-Jusef Nurkic (12 Million)
-Tim Hardaway Jr. (20 Million)

Tim Hardaway Jr. gets reunited with his coach in Beline in Cleveland plus Cleveland needs a bigger guard
Mavericks get length and defensive rebounder basically 2 starters 

I could also see the Mavericks getting a pick out of this deal. 
I could also see this deal going down without Portland 

Dallas Receives: 
-Jordan Clarkson (13 Million)

Cleveland Receives:
-Courtney Lee (12 Million)
It´s hard to come up with fair trades that aren´t overloaded with homerism, but this one is actually pretty good. I think you´d have to throw something extra toward the Cavs here, maybe a pick and a younger talent, but otherwise that works for me.

RE: Trade Ideas - radioaktiv - 11-11-2019

I get the POR and DAL sides, don't see Cleveland giving up Love without 1R picks and/or young players going back to them.  He's a proven 3rd cog in a championship team, so contenders will be willing to offer more than Nurkic-THJ by the TDL (Do they even need THJ?  They have Clarkson, not to mention 2 trigger-happy starting PGs)

RE: Trade Ideas - aguiar95 - 11-11-2019

DAL: O.Porter Jr, C. Felicio, T. Young
CHI: T. Hardaway Jr, C. Lee, D. Powell, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd.

Why CHI does it? Can we throw something else? (I find it very difficultto put any other player here, since these 3 are the only ones I want out even though THJ and Powell in better contracts I would love to keep)

Another one to dream about:

DAL: O. Porter Jr, A. Gordon, C. Felicio, K. Dunn
ORL: T. Hardaway Jr, J. Brunson, 2020 GSW 2nd, 2020 UTA 2nd
CHI: C. Lee, D. Powell, J. Jackson

RE: Trade Ideas - omahen - 11-11-2019

-Kevin Love (28 Million)

Dallas Receives: 
-Rodney Hood (6 Million)
-John Henson (9 Million)

Cleveland Receives:

Tim Hardaway Jr. gets reunited with his coach in Beline in Cleveland plus Cleveland needs a bigger guard

Dallas Receives: 

Cleveland Receives:

This can't work. Cleveland has 55 outgoing salary and only 32 incoming.

RE: Trade Ideas - StepBackJay - 11-11-2019

If Cavaliers go full tank which seems likely I wouldn't mind a giveaway of Tristan Thompson. It looks like Broekhoff + Lee would be legal. Mavs would throw in a 2nd round pick. My guess is that Cleveland would do it just to go full tank. They would buy out Lee's contract so it would save some payroll and they get a 2nd round pick out of it. It's possible they can get a better deal but I kind of doubt it. The Celtics are desperate for bigs but they don't have salary matching to get anybody so they will likely have to shore up their big rotation in the buy-out market. 

My wish-list is:
- Thompson for dump
- Crowder for TE, pick
- Bigger trade that gets that third piece (Gordon type guy)

Guys on the block:
- Wright (for the right price)
- Powell (like him but defensive limitations put a cap on his ceiling as a nice but overpaid backup big)
- Brunson (want to keep him but for the right price I would move him)
- Jackson (might be one of our best assets, we should continue to feature him. want to keep him but if we can get that third guy he is almost certainly a big piece)
- THJ (obviously but mostly for salary filler for a really big trade that might happen like a Stevens Adam type move)
- DFS (like him but if you could convert him into an Aaron Gordon you would do it)
- Boban (good but movable for a third guy)

Keepers:
- KP, Doncic obviously
- Curry to me is a starter. One of the best shooters in the league imo and plays defense.
- Maxi is such an underrated guy. I'd love to keep him around, I don't see us getting fair value if he did get traded. His contract is great and he does everything you want a stretch 4 to do.

If you were able to swing Gordon you can have a giant lineup of KP, Gordon, Luka and another big like Maxi since Gordon can play multiple positions. The Lakers defense is suffocating when they have a big in there next to AD because LeBron plays great help defense and crashes the glass hard. 

Steven Adams is still a guy I like. KP is a great change-up center but we are seeing the problems with trying to play him at center 30+ minutes a night. He does not want to roll to the basket or set screens. I could see a DP + Lee type trade that saves OKC a lot of salary. Mavs would be able to lower Adams minutes to keep him fresh. I think he would make our defense a lot better. You can still close with KP at the 5 if you want.

Mavs actually have a lot of combinations to get Adams vs other teams not as much. The Rockets could try to flip Capela for Adams on paper if they thought Adams was an upgrade but I don't see how they would salary match.

Celtics would also like Adams and would not be able to salary match either. A lot of teams already have a center so not sure who else would be in the market for Adams. OKC has said they want salary relief and a draft pick. Mavs could give them a 2nd, Powell (who is older but still *young* and certainly less miles than Adams) + salary relief which is what they need more than anything.

RE: Trade Ideas - Mavsfan12 - 11-11-2019

(11-11-2019, 11:14 AM)omahen Wrote:
-Kevin Love (28 Million)

Dallas Receives: 
-Rodney Hood (6 Million)
-John Henson (9 Million)

Cleveland Receives:

Dallas Receives: 

Cleveland Receives:

This can't work. Cleveland has 55 outgoing salary and only 32 incoming.

That's not a problem (directly), but Portland having too much incoming salary IS.  Portland would have to send more salary (to CLE).

Remember that taking back more salary is something that the Mavs can actually do with their trade exceptions.

RE: Trade Ideas - StepBackJay - 11-11-2019

(11-11-2019, 02:22 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Remember that taking back more salary is something that the Mavs can actually do with their trade exceptions.

Correct but you can't combine TE's with players so the incoming salary would have to fit exactly in the TE number the Mavs have currently.

(11-11-2019, 02:43 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 02:22 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Remember that taking back more salary is something that the Mavs can actually do with their trade exceptions.

Correct but you can't combine TE's with players so the incoming salary would have to fit exactly in the TE number the Mavs have currently.

Yes, but any number of players fit into that - including Henson's 9.7M.  Which is one of the ways we can extract a player for THJ (if we take back an unwanted contract like Henson's... or Delladova).  I think Cle has a couple of players we could be interested in, and they also have some salaries that could fit nicely into that TE.

RE: Trade Ideas - matt6715 - 11-11-2019

Not sure how to get him at the moment, but I think Malik Beasley would be the perfect long-term starter next to KP and Luka. He's seemingly fallen out of the rotation this year in Denver and is coming up on restricted free agency. Career 40% 3-point shooter and can defend, with plenty of size and athleticism. Plus he's only 22.

(11-11-2019, 06:40 PM)matt6715 Wrote: Not sure how to get him at the moment, but I think Malik Beasley would be the perfect long-term starter next to KP and Luka.  He's seemingly fallen out of the rotation this year in Denver and is coming up on restricted free agency.  Career 40% 3-point shooter and can defend, with plenty of size and athleticism.  Plus he's only 22.

Denver has a couple of expiring interesting young guys. But I am affraid they will go for a star trade before TDL.

RE: Trade Ideas - Aussiebballer - 11-11-2019

Considering his contract length, what do people think the Cavs can actually get back for Love?
Have a feeling there is a big gap between what the Cavs will want and what teams will be willing to send back.

If the Mavs decided to get him would Lee, Hardaway and a bunch of 2nds be enough?
Then offload Powell in Jan when he can be traded.

His contract causes issue with the Giannis dream in 2021, but next years free-agents are looking pretty weak and if Giannis did decide to come to Dallas I am sure they could sort out the cap manipulation required..
Love's 3pt shooting and rebs seem like a great fit with KP, his D may be an issue.

(11-11-2019, 07:01 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: If the Mavs decided to get him would Lee, Hardaway and a bunch of 2nds be enough?

I don't think that is even close. I would expect a young player with high upside plus at least one first round pick. Perhaps we can compare to Mike Conley trade. They gave a Grayson Allen and 2 first round picks. Crowder might also net them something more.

RE: Trade Ideas - donzingis38 - 11-12-2019

I'm all in on Kevin Love. He had Lebron before so I'm positive that he can also work with Luka. Not sure how the trade would work though. I don't see Cavs taking on THJ and Lee.

Also interested in Crowder. I'd love to welcome him back. DFS and Crowder could be something.

RE: Trade Ideas - dirkfansince1998 - 11-12-2019

I just don´t think the Mavs have the assets to go after a legit 2nd or 3rd option. Maybe KLove if no other team is willing to offer anything useful at the deadline but I think the Cavaliers would simply keep him in that case.
For win now improvement this season smaller moves are more realistic and make more sense. Add players to the 20min per game tool box (Curry, Brunson, Wright, Powell, Kleber, DFS, Jackson, Boban) that RC is currently using and ideally replace THJ and Lee.

Call the Grizzlies and figure out what Jae Crowders asking price is. Try to build on a potential deal to include Kyle Anderson.
Call the Wizards and ask for Bertans price.
Call the Pelicans and ask find out if Favors is available.

RE: Trade Ideas - omahen - 11-12-2019

(11-12-2019, 08:32 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Call the Grizzlies and figure out what Jae Crowders asking price is. Try to build on a potential deal to include Kyle Anderson.

Are Crowder, Anderson and Bertans really better than what we have today? Whos minutes would they take?

RE: Trade Ideas - dirkfansince1998 - 11-12-2019

(11-12-2019, 08:38 AM)omahen Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 08:32 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Call the Grizzlies and figure out what Jae Crowders asking price is. Try to build on a potential deal to include Kyle Anderson.

Are Crowder, Anderson and Bertans really better than what we have today? Whos minutes would they take?

Better than some but most of all they add different skill sets. As I mentioned. Without a trade able first the Mavs don´t have the assets to go after big names. Best case scenario in this case is improving the depth even more. Non of the mentioned guy is a legit 30 minutes per game starter but all of them can step up on a given night. That´s why  I mentioned the tool box approach.

RE: Trade Ideas - Mavs2019 - 11-12-2019

(11-11-2019, 07:00 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-11-2019, 06:40 PM)matt6715 Wrote: Not sure how to get him at the moment, but I think Malik Beasley would be the perfect long-term starter next to KP and Luka.  He's seemingly fallen out of the rotation this year in Denver and is coming up on restricted free agency.  Career 40% 3-point shooter and can defend, with plenty of size and athleticism.  Plus he's only 22.

Denver has a couple of expiring interesting young guys. But I am affraid they will go for a star trade before TDL.

Juan Hernangomez and Malik Beasley are two of the more interesting names around. We´d have a starting role for Beasley and a guaranteed back-up role for Hernangomez. Plus he´s tight with Luka and Kristaps. Willy Hernangomez is also expiring in Charlotte. We just become Real Mavdrid. Big Grin

RE: Trade Ideas - StepBackJay - 11-13-2019

Steven Adams please! Make it happen Donnie. KP as a small-ball center alongside other hybrid PF/C's is not working. It's fine to do some smallball, especially at the end of games but Adams eating up 30mpg at the center position would be a welcome change.

RE: Trade Ideas - ClutchDirk - 11-13-2019

https://twitter.com/OPPMagicBlog/status/1194675765603897344