MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 06-26-2020

Another guy who could be interesting to give a shot to. 

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1276621903000723457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1276627799093248004%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 06-26-2020

(06-26-2020, 05:16 PM)omahen Wrote: Another guy who could be interesting to give a shot to. 

https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/1276621903000723457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1276627799093248004%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fdallas-mavericks
WTF is wrong with the Knicks. Trier is 24 years old and shooting 45/38/80 on the KNICKS. 

I´d take him 100 out of 100 times over Burke. Burke will just upset Carlisle in the first game and be benched for the rest of the season. He has so many concentration lapses, which result in bad turnovers and poor finishes around the rim.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Hypermav - 06-26-2020

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/tim-hardaway-jr-unhappy-allonzo-triers-dm-knicks-fan/

Mavs are at the ex Knick quota!  Smile

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 06-27-2020

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1276976352382648322?s=20

One of those MBT-moves you don't have to understand.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 06-27-2020

(06-27-2020, 03:42 PM)JamesConway Wrote: One of those MBT-moves you don't have to understand.

Regular play-off rotation is some 8 guys. Even with 3 injured guys we still have 14 in Orlando. None of these last minute acquisitions is likely to get serious minutes in playoff rotation. We could only have problems if more players become unable to play.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Baller AI - 06-27-2020

Pickup Hartenstein to replace Cauleyflower, call it a day.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 06-28-2020

(06-27-2020, 03:49 PM)omahen Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 03:42 PM)JamesConway Wrote: One of those MBT-moves you don't have to understand.

Regular play-off rotation is some 8 guys. Even with 3 injured guys we still have 14 in Orlando. None of these last minute acquisitions is likely to get serious minutes in playoff rotation. We could only have problems if more players become unable to play.
Sure. But it remains an unnecessary risk.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 03:24 AM).JamesConway Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 03:49 PM)omahen Wrote:

Sure. But it remains an unnecessary risk.
 I assume MKG has shown them something in the mini-training camp and they are going to roll with him at PF/C in limited minutes.

That being said I´d still be in favour to sign young players that have shown some promise in a bad situation like Trier and Hartenstein. Especially under these current circumstances, where you can sign them to three months trial deals with no negative long-term repercussions.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Dirkster21 - 06-28-2020

(06-27-2020, 11:27 PM)Baller AI Wrote: Pickup Hartenstein to replace Cauleyflower, call it a day.
Yes. I would like him, or Dragan Bender.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 01:51 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 11:27 PM)Baller AI Wrote: Pickup Hartenstein to replace Cauleyflower, call it a day.
Yes. I would like him, or Dragan Bender.

Bender couldn't even put up anything reasonable on the G-League Warriors this year. If he couldn't even look somewhat playable on THAT team I don't see how he would ever see the court here. 

I think waiving WCS and picking up Hartenstein would be a pretty solid move.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - DanSchwartzgan - 06-28-2020

Are we sure Hartenstein is playoff eligible?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Aussiebballer - 06-28-2020

They signed Burke as Willie’s replacement player.
They will need to cut another player to sign anyone else.
They have said they want to keep Lee around so it doesn’t look like they will do anything else.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 05:54 PM)iDanSchwartzman Wrote: Are we sure Hartenstein is playoff eligible?
No idea. I assume they have waited until he became play-off ineligible.

I read his contract becomes guaranteed in October and they just wanted to save some money by releasing him early. Apparently they cannot afford the massive 300-400k he earns above a minimum contract. Big Grin

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 05:54 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Are we sure Hartenstein is playoff eligible?

That's a good point. Isn't usually if a player is on a team after March 1st and is waived they're not elligble? Because that would disqualify Hartenstein. 

But to be fair these aren't normal circumstances at all. I mean the NBA is allowing teams to sign free agents in the last week of June before playoffs. 

Even if Hartenstein isn't available, there are still some names of bigs that would be an interesting add. One name that caught my eye was Jordan Bell. He was a great hustle guy and is quite athletic. And has all the tools all the former successful Carlisle reclamation projects had. 

Another one was Pau Gasol. Now I doubt he has anything left in the tank. But there are a lot of reasons why it makes sense. The Mavs love veteran leadership, and Pau has more than enough of that. Been on multiple championship teams, an all-star, all-NBA. Not to mention he speaks spanish, and is one of the most famed european players to ever play in the NBA, which should mean he'd click incredibly well with Luka, Kristaps, Boban, and JJ. I doubt he would ever see the floor, but since he can actually play and for all the reasons above, he still makes more sense to bring than injured Courtney Lee.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - chaparral - 06-28-2020

(06-28-2020, 08:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 05:54 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Are we sure Hartenstein is playoff eligible?

That's a good point. Isn't usually if a player is on a team after March 1st and is waived they're not elligble? Because that would disqualify Hartenstein. 

But to be fair these aren't normal circumstances at all. I mean the NBA is allowing teams to sign free agents in the last week of June before playoffs. 

Even if Hartenstein isn't available, there are still some names of bigs that would be an interesting add. One name that caught my eye was Jordan Bell. He was a great hustle guy and is quite athletic. And has all the tools all the former successful Carlisle reclamation projects had. 

Another one was Pau Gasol. Now I doubt he has anything left in the tank. But there are a lot of reasons why it makes sense. The Mavs love veteran leadership, and Pau has more than enough of that. Been on multiple championship teams, an all-star, all-NBA. Not to mention he speaks spanish, and is one of the most famed european players to ever play in the NBA, which should mean he'd click incredibly well with Luka, Kristaps, Boban, and JJ. I doubt he would ever see the floor, but since he can actually play and for all the reasons above, he still makes more sense to bring than injured Courtney Lee.

OK I'm confused?  How is a player who played 23 games this year for the Rox not eligible for this seasons playoffs?  And a 39 year old Pau Gasol who has not played any this current season be eligible? 

If in fact this is correct, I would wave Cleveland and sign Gasol for the rest of the season.  Maybe he has such a good time w/the Mavs he talks Marc into signing this offseason w/the Mavs for the MLE?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Aussiebballer - 06-29-2020

Cleveland is a 2-way player so you can only replace him with a player with less then 3 years NBA experience.
Ie PHILLI signing Bro (2 years exp)

It would be interesting if a team signed Pau, hard to know how much he has left but has had plenty of rest and has a massive amount of experience.
Surely he can be just as much help as Lee but actually be available to play.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 06-29-2020

(06-28-2020, 06:27 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: They will need to cut another player to sign anyone else.

I would cut MKG, I don't think he has any future with the team nor he can really contribute on a short run. A youngster like Hartenstein or Trier could have. I don't know about playoff eligibility

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - michaeltex - 06-29-2020

(06-28-2020, 08:39 PM)chaparral Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 08:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote:

OK I'm confused?  How is a player who played 23 games this year for the Rox not eligible for this seasons playoffs?  And a 39 year old Pau Gasol who has not played any this current season be eligible? 

If in fact this is correct, I would wave Cleveland and sign Gasol for the rest of the season.  Maybe he has such a good time w/the Mavs he talks Marc into signing this offseason w/the Mavs for the MLE?

If you can't waive Cleveland for Gasol, then I'd waive WKS for Pau. WKS didn't have much to contribute to this team. He came in a mid-season trade and spent a lot of time on the bench, then the absence because if his brother. Don't mean to dump on him, but he's been a zero since he came over. It think Pau would be a fantastic get for the playoff run. Maybe even extended into next season if he fits well. If you get the Lakers, you're going to need size.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - StepBackJay - 06-29-2020

(06-29-2020, 02:40 AM)omahen Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 06:27 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: They will need to cut another player to sign anyone else.

I would cut MKG, I don't think he has any future with the team nor he can really contribute on a short run. A youngster like Hartenstein or Trier could have. I don't know about playoff eligibility

MKG just doesn't seem like an NBA player to me. I'd much rather get another big that could play useful minutes.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - IamDougieFresh - 06-30-2020

Trade for Oladipo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!