MavsBoard
2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-2020 Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart (/showthread.php?tid=206)

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 04:28 PM)JamesConway Wrote: BTW: does any team hold the rights to Mirotic?

Yes, Barcelona Smile He has a three year deal there.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 06:12 PM)die omahen Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 04:28 PM)JamesConway Wrote: BTW: does any team hold the rights to Mirotic?

Yes, Barcelona Smile He has a three year deal there.
no I meant within the nba sry. Wasnt he under contract with MIL/NO when he went back to Europe and that contract is still active but „resting“ (or however you call that)? Or was he a FA when he left?

Another topic would be the question if he has an nba clause in his deal with barca.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-12-2020

(04-12-2020, 07:03 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Or was he a FA when he left?

FA

(04-12-2020, 07:03 PM)JamesConway Wrote: Another topic would be the question if he has an nba clause in his deal with barca.

No NBA clause, as far as I know. You don't pay 26 million for three years without assurances

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - SleepingHero - 04-13-2020

(04-11-2020, 12:00 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: If I'm the Mavs, I'm not giving up Kleber unless it's a clear upgrade.

Upvoted purely for this.

Kleber is an integral part to this team. If the Mavs give him up they need to get back someone who can replicate everything he's doing and then some.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - aguiar95 - 04-13-2020

What are your thoughts on a 3-guard rotation? Depending on the matchup DFS/Kleber/Full MLE guy starts at the 4 (defends the opp's best forward). Harris/Barton (DEN), Richardson (PHI), Schroder (OKC), Murray (SAS), Bledsoe (MIL), Rubio (PHO) and Levert (BRO) are guys I would be targeting. Plus defenders (they would probably defend the opp's best guard with THJ helping now and then), secondary ball handlers that can hit the 3-ball. Or would you prefere the traditional 2-guard (Doncic/THJ) and upgrade DFS (guard opp's best guard, THJ can do that sometimes) or the forward position to defend opps' best forward (A. Gordon type)?

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 07:24 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: What are your thoughts on a 3-guard rotation? Depending on the matchup DFS/Kleber/Full MLE guy starts at the 4 (defends the opp's best forward). Harris/Barton (DEN), Richardson (PHI), Schroder (OKC), Murray (SAS), Bledsoe (MIL), Rubio (PHO) and Levert (BRO) are guys I would be targeting. Plus defenders (they would probably defend the opp's best guard with THJ helping now and then), secondary ball handlers that can hit the 3-ball. Or would you prefere the traditional 2-guard (Doncic/THJ) and upgrade DFS (guard opp's best guard, THJ can do that sometimes) or the forward position to defend opps' best forward (A. Gordon type)?
Hard to tell, I'd probably prefer to get the best guy available as long as he fills a need. So not 100% BPA but also not a dogmatic stance on where to upgrade first. I think Richardson is close to being as good as we can hope but I may be overrating him a bit due to his Miami-days.

Specifically in terms of guards I like where we're at. Brunson, Wright and Seth all can play, fit the system (I like Delon more than most around here I guess), are locked up for years and cost relatively little in terms of caproom. None of Harris/Barton/Schröder/Murray/Bledsoe/Rubio put us over the top yet most of them are significanlty more expensive than our guys. I'd be hesitant to make a play for pretty much any of them.

Gordon is intrigueing but I am less optimistic about him compared to 1-2 years ago. He's been around for a while and even though Orlando is a mess I think he might be close to what he is as a player.

Right now for me it's:

- trade for Richardson or some other quality starter we might not be seeing right now

vs

- keeping our assets

If we nail one or two of our selections this summer then we could be in a great place.

I gotta say though that I'm pretty strongly in favor of keeping the picks as of now.

Another name I like:

OG Anunoby (RFA in 2021). Maybe TOR doesn't want to pay him if the results aren't there for them until he enters the restricted market.

About LeVert: I remember half the board was hoping to get him in the draft a few years ago. He's highly intrigueing in terms of fit/style of play/role but has never been able to stay healthy. Now that he has signed an extenstion I'd scratch him of the last. I don't think he's worth the cost of the trade package we'd have to offer (Imo at least a 1st) plus his salary on top. It's really a shame that he struggles so much staying on the court.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 07:24 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: What are your thoughts

I think both options are viable. Due to Doncic size we can afford to go to a three guard rotation and then go a bit smaller (DFS) or bigger (Kleber) at PF, depending on the opposing team. DFS has an important role as he guards best opposing player on 1-3. So the new guard would have to take his role. I would prefer a taller guy. This team in my opinion needs good defenders and respected veterans in more than just end of the bench role. The alternative is to keep Luka, THJ and DFS and upgrade PF. However, it is much easier to get decent PF at MLE level than decent 3-D wing. 

Barton is not a good defender, I wouldn't go after him.
Murray is terrible offensively and way overpaid for what he gives. I am not willing to part with any of our key rotation guys (Kleber, Curry, THJ) for him. I doubt Wright + picks would be enough. Same thing with Rubio. We don't need another PG, we need wings. Schroeder had a very good season but I am not prepared to pay high on him. 
LeVert is a very good player, but I doubt we have anything of interest for win now Nets. I guess they will try to package a couple of their rotation players (LeVert, Prince, Dinwiddie) and guys on rookie contracts (Allen, Kurucs, Musa) for a third star.
Similar thing is with Harris, who had a bad season but is still young enough to turn it around. Good defender. I have a bit more hope, as Denver has a somewhat thin rotation after TDL trades and a couple of players (Milsap, possibly Grant, Plumlee) who could become to expensive on FA market. So they could be interested on a couple of good rotation players.
Bledsoe is an excellent defender. Straight up trade with THJ would probably not be enough to persuade me, but I would consider if additional awards would be given from Milwaukee. 
Richardson is the man. Excellent player and Philly might be looking to shop him unless they are prepared to pay huge tax bill after 2021 once his new salary up to 20 per kicks in. However, they will want to remain competitive. This means - if they are trading, they want good players in return, just picks and salary dumps will not cut it. They didn't (yet) get an answer, if Embiid/Simmons duo is sustainable, so I think they will continue at least another half a season with it. Philly desperately needs shooters so I doubt any discussion could happen without mentioning Curry or THJ. The contract Philly needs to get out of is Horford. Richardson is their best bet to add in a trade package if they want to get something good back. Portland (CJ McCollum), Washington (Beal) or OKC (CP3) might be interesting options. Dallas with a combo of THJ and Wright also should be interesting for them. 

Possible PF options for above MLE would be Collins, Turner, Gordon (or Isaac). However, I would be reluctant to include THJ in any of this deals as it would open equally or bigger sized whole in our rotation than we had it before. Brunson+2020 1st + 2025 1st for Isaac might be interesting enough for Orlando, although I expect they will shop Gordon. I don't see any possibility for Turner. Indiana already has a deep team of good players on all positions, especially wings. If anything, they need a star - a clear upgrade over their existing options. THJ is not that. Collins I would do, already wrote about that.

(04-13-2020, 09:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Gordon is intrigueing but I am less optimistic about him compared to 1-2 years ago. He's been around for a while and even though Orlando is a mess I think he might be close to what he is as a player.

Totally agree. I mean, he is a good player, but not star. However, Orlando will be looking for kings ransom and he is not worth it imho. Same is with Turner.

(04-13-2020, 09:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: OG Anunoby (RFA in 2021)

My bet is they will give him extension around 10 per. No way they let him walk without a kings ransom.

(04-13-2020, 09:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: If we nail one or two of our selections this summer then we could be in a great place.

Problem is, if we don't. And there is a good chance we don't. Then we have nothing, because "unknown" #18 pick probably has higher value than proven average or even below average NBA sophomore.

That's why I prefer more proven options. Any pick will need a couple of seasons to establish himself. As it is, our cap situtation is great, we have a lot of reserves. And we have Powell and Wright salary in total of almost 20 million that are totally expendable. 

(04-13-2020, 09:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: I like Delon more than most around here I guess

It is not that I have a problem with him per se. He is a decent back up PG. However, he was brought to be a starter and Brunson was planned as a backup, but it didn't work. So we are stuck with Brunson, Wright and Seth from bench, which really didn't work. Both Brunson and Wright deserve minutes, at least some 20 per game. But they are not good together, especially with pushing Curry to the wing. That's why I think one of them is redundant. I prefer to keep Brunson (lower salary, better floor general), but I would also be ok to go with Wright, if trading Brunson would help bringing a clear wing upgrade. 

(04-13-2020, 09:47 AM)JamesConway Wrote: trade for Richardson

In my fantasy world, trading for Richardson and Horford would allow us to keep all picks Smile

Just spitballing: Bledsoe + DiVincenzo for Wright + Curry + 2020 1st.

Bledsoe/THJ/Doncic/Kleber/KP
Brunson/DiVincenzo/DFS/MLE/Powell

(04-13-2020, 10:51 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Just spitballing: Bledsoe + DiVincenzo for Wright + Curry + 2020 1st.

I like it

Bleacher is proposing Turner for Kleber, Curry and Brunson. While I like Turners fit on this team, this is the "kings ransom" I am not prepared to pay. Same as I was mentioning earlier with Gordon. Turner is not that much better than Maxi to give up both Curry and Brunson. We would be basically left without the bench. Kleber+salary filler+2020 first + 2nd rounder (not 2020) is more what I would be prepared to pay.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886023-7-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-nbas-top-offseason-trade-targets#slide4

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 04-13-2020

(04-13-2020, 10:57 AM)omahen Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 10:51 AM)aguiar95 Wrote: Just spitballing: Bledsoe + DiVincenzo for Wright + Curry + 2020 1st.

I like it

Bleacher is proposing Turner for Kleber, Curry and Brunson. While I like Turners fit on this team, this is the "kings ransom" I am not prepared to pay. Same as I was mentioning earlier with Gordon. Turner is not that much better than Maxi to give up both Curry and Brunson. We would be basically left without the bench. Kleber+salary filler+2020 first + 2nd rounder (not 2020) is more what I would be prepared to pay.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886023-7-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-nbas-top-offseason-trade-targets#slide4
Not sure about the fit between Turner and KP. Both are better defenders inside and offensively Turner is a mixed bang. Can shoot a bit but not overly reliable. I don't know if he's the guy I'd blow our ammunition on.

This just came in:

Bulls fire their GM. They might be open for business now even more than they were before.

The KP-Lauri fit is also suspect but at that point I get irrational. Kp, Luka and Lauri on one squad?

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-13-2020, 11:19 AM)JamesConway Wrote: Bulls fire their GM. They might be open for business now even more than they were before.

I am not sure about that. First decision they will make, will be the coach. If he stays, there will be trades. However, I think they will fire Boylen. In this case, new coach will most likely have a look at what he has, probably even for half a season. If there will be trades, only if very good offer comes along.

In any case, I am not sure if Lauri is a good fit for us. Although I really like the guy and I think he is much better than what he showed in Chicago.

From Chicago, Young would cover some needs we have (vet leader, tough defensive guy). Other than that I am interested in some of their expired guys, mainly Valentine.

(04-13-2020, 10:57 AM)omahen Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886023-7-trade-packages-and-landing-spots-for-nbas-top-offseason-trade-targets#slide4

That Gordon trade is a joke. I'm sure we have a better package than that.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-21-2020

Since there is absolutely nothing going on, a new trade idea.

DFS has greatly outplayed his contract this season. At times he looked like the 3-D wing we desperately need. However, we still might be looking for more when building a contender. He is good, but not great defensively. He is passable on the offense. So here is a move that might not be an immediate upgrade, but certainly gives us more options. 

Nets are way above tax and might be interested to resign Harris this season and Allen the next. I assume the owner does have a limit to how much tax he is willing to pay and that Nets will not be successful or willing to get a third star. This brings us to Prince. He has been ok, but not great. He is owed 14 mil next season and 15 mil the season after.

Trade proposal: DFS + JJ for Prince + Nets #20 pick

Nets get a low cost player playing way above his contract. Nets save money. 5 mil from salaries + 2 mil of the rookie salary this season. As they are in win now mode they also don't really need that pick.  They can also gift JJ to someone for a second round pick or cash considerations to save another 5 mil. This gives them more room to resign Harris without really paying high tax. DFS fits their team.

Dallas gets plenty of options. We can keep Prince. We can further trade him with a pick attached as his 14 mil contract allows us to reach up to 20 mil salary players (Gary Harris or Oubre types). We can combine our #18 and #31 picks to upgrade at some #12 or so. Devin Vassel (#12) and Aaron Nesmith (#20) could really fit our needs. 

Saying goodbye to DFS would be hard, but I can see how this kind of deal makes us better.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 04-21-2020

David Aldridge of The Athletic has added to the speculation that the Utah Jazz could trade All-Star center Rudy Gobert
When asked about the possibility of Utah trading Gobert due to the perceived strained relationship between Gobert and All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell, Aldridge wrote the following:
"There have been rumblings well before either of them contracted [the] coronavirus that the Jazz were growing weary of Gobert. Not that they were actively shopping him or trying to get rid of him, but that he might be more available than you'd think a Defensive Player of the Year and guy who is such an anchor would be. It will not surprise me if Utah moves on after this season."

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-21-2020

(04-21-2020, 07:01 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Utah Jazz could trade All-Star center Rudy Gobert

Non floor spacing non switchable bigs are certainly rapidly loosing value. Rim protection is not enough to offset those liabilities and it is difficult to be a contender if you have max money invested in such a player, even if elite. You can find such one dimensonal centers for literally min salary and they are not so much worse than Gobert.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Benskix2 - 04-21-2020

^ They would be trading him because his teammates hate him for giving them covid-19, not because of his on court value.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - ClutchDirk - 04-22-2020

(04-21-2020, 04:18 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: ^ They would be trading him because his teammates hate him for giving them covid-19, not because of his on court value.
Nailed it...

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - omahen - 04-22-2020

From Bleacher:
Bulls receive Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr., Taj Gibson, 2020 1st (via Clippers), 2020 2nd (via Charlotte), NYK receive Zach LaVine

Reading between the lines, this would mean: 2 young guys that look more like busts with every passing season, #27 pick and #38 pick. 

So a Mavs offer of Wright, Jackson, #18 and #31 could be arguably more interesting. 

I have my doubts regarding LaVine, but I would do it for such a price. Luka-THJ_LaVine-Kleber or DFS - KP would be a pretty nice starting unit with Brunson-Curry-MLE-DFS or Kleber - vet min

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - Mavs2019 - 04-23-2020

(04-22-2020, 11:36 AM)omahen Wrote: From Bleacher:
Bulls receive Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith Jr., Taj Gibson, 2020 1st (via Clippers), 2020 2nd (via Charlotte), NYK receive Zach LaVine

Reading between the lines, this would mean: 2 young guys that look more like busts with every passing season, #27 pick and #38 pick. 

So a Mavs offer of Wright, Jackson, #18 and #31 could be arguably more interesting. 

I have my doubts regarding LaVine, but I would do it for such a price. Luka-THJ_LaVine-Kleber or DFS - KP would be a pretty nice starting unit with Brunson-Curry-MLE-DFS or Kleber - vet min

I´ll keep my parcel on LaVine island. He´ll be a killer 3rd option on a championship contender one day and his contract is suited to such a role already.

Though regarding this trade I think Knox/DSJ are much higher rated than Wright/Jackson in terms of upside, which would be somewhat covered through the higher picks.

RE: Mavs Trade Discussion + Salary Chart - JamesConway - 04-25-2020

The Dragon will be an UFA this summer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99B0JJcgi_g

Just sayin

https://giphy.com/gifs/ui1hpJSyBDWlG