MavsBoard
NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: NEWS: RC out | Kidd hired as head coach & assembling staff (/showthread.php?tid=1045)

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - VintagePejav2 - 06-24-2021

https://twitter.com/mfollowill/status/1408117509547560962?s=21

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - michaeltex - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 11:31 AM)Tyler Wrote: We might want to pump the brakes in assuming negative motives to Carlisle’s Kidd mention. 

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1408099524191526916?s=21

Is this true or is he trying to jinx JKidd's chances with DAL?

NM, didn't see the rest of the string until after replying to Tyler's comment.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - fifteenth - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:16 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that in an effort to fight back against what you consider to be a gross misunderstanding by Carlisle's haters about his motives, you have accidentally grossly misunderstood Cato's motives about this tweet. 

I don't think he's saying what some around here are saying. I think he's just making a joke in the millennial style of humor, without a thought in the world about how people might take it. I think he's literally just seeing Jason Kidd take over his timeline and mentions and commenting on the frenzy.

Huh. Man...I'm trying to get it, but don't get it.

(06-24-2021, 01:20 PM)JamesConway Wrote: A back handed complement on the guy he apparently clashed with would make him an „awful human“? I think you’re reaching there a bit tbh.

IF it’s meant to be a jab, then I really don’t think it’s a big deal given the circumstances.

There's nothing backhanded about the comment. The "backhandedness" has to be assumed. And messing with people's careers isn't just "taking a jab".

EDIT: I would take someone making a comment out of spite on the way out of the door of a company for the purpose of sabotage constitutes being (in that moment) an awful human.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - fifteenth - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:20 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mfollowill/status/1408117509547560962?s=21

I can buy Followill's take. Rick isn't with the Mavs, so he doesn't need to be commenting about who they should hire. I can agree with that. But that's not the same thing as the crazy talk of Rick sabotaging anyone.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - JamesConway - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1408108728222687244
This is what is actually bothering me. JKidd being a prime candidate now, too?

The hits just keep coming

https://giphy.com/gifs/sad-baby-upset-9Y5BbDSkSTiY8

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - Mavs2021 - 06-24-2021

I assume that Cuban is at least bright enough to ask for some glowing talk and recommendation of Luka and the Mavericks from Carlisle, in exchange for releasing him without seeking compensation.

And that would suggest to me that Kidd will be the next Mavs headcoach. I just hope they bring a Terry Stotts or Kenny Atkinson along for the ride.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - JamesConway - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:20 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Huh. Man...I'm trying to get it, but don't get it.

There's nothing backhanded about the comment. The "backhandedness" has to be assumed. And messing with people's careers isn't just "taking a jab".

EDIT: I would take someone making a comment out of spite on the way out of the door of a company for the purpose of sabotage constitutes being (in that moment) an awful human.
I struggle to see the sabotaging here. Even IF it’s meant in a backhanded matter (not saying it is)....what would be lost/the damage for DAL? He’s just a former employee. Basically anything he says can pretty easily be dismissed by that.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - mavsluvr - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:25 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I can buy Followill's take. Rick isn't with the Mavs, so he doesn't need to be commenting about who they should hire. I can agree with that. But that's not the same thing as the crazy talk of Rick sabotaging anyone.

I'm with Follow on this. It's very weird that Rick is commenting on this matter at all, and especially to endorse an outside candidate when his own assistant is being considered. 

I can see people taking his comment as "Luka and Kidd deserve each other," given everything. Agree that's probably not what he meant to publicly say. 

An odd situation, in any case.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - hakeemfaan - 06-24-2021

Kidd like to call his own plays. So does Luka. 

I see what RC is doing here. 

[Image: B167-B4-C9-8902-4-E69-8770-965-CA174-C2-CB.gif]

(06-24-2021, 01:34 PM)JamesConway Wrote: I struggle to see the sabotaging here. Even IF it’s meant in a backhanded matter (not saying it is)....what would be lost/the damage for DAL? He’s just a former employee. Basically anything he says can pretty easily be dismissed by that.

I don't see sabotage either. Maybe I'm confused. It sounded like folks were claiming that kind of motive from Rick. I was responding thinking that folks were assigning that motive.

(06-24-2021, 01:42 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Kidd like to call his own plays. So does Luka. 

I see what RC is doing here. 

[Image: B167-B4-C9-8902-4-E69-8770-965-CA174-C2-CB.gif]

Ha ha! Forget it. I give up. LOL

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:02 PM)Kammrath Wrote: In DAL, yes. Other than Luka.

Roddy over in Europe fuming right now.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 11:40 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: He's been considered for a handful of HC jobs outside of Dallas already.

Yes...he's been interviewed for a lot of jobs and never became a finalist for any of them.    Undecided

I just took it as Rick trying to help JKidd get a coaching gig, but maybe I'm wrong.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | new GM before coach hire - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:46 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Yes...he's been interviewed for a lot of jobs and never became a finalist for any of them.    Undecided

Guess I shouldn't have said anything to this but, I would still say the list of assistant coaches who have never been an HC who are getting interviewed is a much much smaller than the list of those who aren't.

My only point is that there is obviously a lot of intrigued to him across the league (I believe my response was to someone stating that GMs don't care about Mosley).  All of those positions haven't worked out but it's pretty clear that his turn is coming up sometime in the near future.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - jesusshuttlesworth82 - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I just took it as Rick trying to help JKidd get a coaching gig, but maybe I'm wrong.

It's gotta be more than that.

Mosley has been working here for 7 years.  To clearly mention someone else as a head coach candidate instead of the guy seen as the favorite and who worked for you for so long, there is a message there.

My complete guess it's more of a shot at Mosley than a sabotaging of the Mavs organization.  Wouldn't be surprised if Rick feels Mosley forced him out by becoming such buddy buddy with Luka.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - StrandedOnBeauboisHill - 06-24-2021

I think Followill has the right take here.  RC probably isn't doing anything ill willed here but he really should not be suggesting anything that the Mavericks should be doing at all at the this point as it's clearly not his place anymore.

If Cuban asked him to do that then....that's just really weird.

(06-24-2021, 01:53 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: Wouldn't be surprised if Rick feels Mosley forced him out by becoming such buddy buddy with Luka.

Now this is an interesting take that didn't cross my mind...

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - KillerLeft - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:46 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I just took it as Rick trying to help JKidd get a coaching gig, but maybe I'm wrong.

No, I am happy to tell you that this was my instinct as well, which, of course, means that you're definitely not wrong. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5055727]

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - Chicagojk - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:20 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/mfollowill/status/1408117509547560962?s=21

I agree with this take.   Yeah, it is sort of weird that you are giving any recommendations after leaving the franchise and immediately getting hired somewhere else.

(06-24-2021, 01:53 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: It's gotta be more than that.

Mosley has been working here for 7 years.  To clearly mention someone else as a head coach candidate instead of the guy seen as the favorite and who worked for you for so long, there is a message there.

My complete guess it's more of a shot at Mosley than a sabotaging of the Mavs organization.  Wouldn't be surprised if Rick feels Mosley forced him out by becoming such buddy buddy with Luka.

Interesting.   It would be pretty petty for him to do that publicly.   Who Knows.   I want to believe there is no ill will anywhere, but this has been a long few weeks at Mavsville.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - Kammrath - 06-24-2021

(06-24-2021, 01:53 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: My complete guess it's more of a shot at Mosley than a sabotaging of the Mavs organization.  Wouldn't be surprised if Rick feels Mosley forced him out by becoming such buddy buddy with Luka.

THIS. My gut goes here as well.

RE: NEWS: RC out in DAL | Mosley favorite? | RC recommends Kidd - Mavs2021 - 06-24-2021

Honestly you can read anything you want into these Carlisle comments and nobody besides Carlisle will ever know the truth.

To me it´s Carlisle trying to protect his image. After all the reports about his leadership style over the last week, he´s intentionally going out of his way to say nice things about Luka imho.

The Kidd HC comment is indeed odd and out of line, but could be interpreted in hundreds of different ways.