Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.82 Average
HALLELUKA: Luka Clinches All-NBA 1st team. 4th in 5 years
it’s the Luka offseason we’ve all been waiting for ladies & gentlemen
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-26-2023, 09:13 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: it’s the Luka offseason we’ve all been waiting for ladies & gentlemen

Just when I thought I was out . . .
Like Reply
(05-26-2023, 09:13 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: it’s the Luka offseason we’ve all been waiting for ladies & gentlemen

Isn't this video from last year? I know he was training there with Dragic. Of course it could be same location this year.
Like Reply
(05-26-2023, 10:10 AM)omahen Wrote: Isn't this video from last year? I know he was training there with Dragic. Of course it could be same location this year.

Luka just posted it to his Instagram today. You can also see his new haircut that he posted yesterday so I think he just went to the same location from last year to train again.

If this is truly a Luka offseason where he gets into the best shape of his life I can't even predict the level of f'd the league is. Man dropped a 32/9/9 on bad stamina, and now he's not gonna get tired??

In Luka we trust.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBA_University/statu...7449746435

Most FGA after dribbling 7+ times & EFG% on those shots:

1. Luka: 658 FGA—58.4%
2. Trae: 601—45.7%
3. SGA: 546—48.1%
4. Brunson: 516—51.6%
5. Morant: 476—48.8%
6. Dejounte: 428—47.9%
7. Fox: 399—58.0%
7. Dinwiddie: 399—53.6%
9. Dame: 398—58.5%
10. Edwards: 384—46.7%
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 06:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBA_University/statu...7449746435

You can understand why Luka and Brunson needed to be on different teams.
Like Reply
(07-14-2023, 06:47 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/NBA_University/statu...7449746435

I wonder what Luka percentage is in the last 5 minutes of close games. It is hard to argue with Luka dominating the ball with this type of percentage. However I saw the need for Luka’s other teammates options needing to be better in late game situations. Of course late game Rick Carlisle play calling was really nice.
Like Reply
Anyone know if a video feed Slovenia's pre-FIBA games will be available?

Slovenia FIBA World Cup preparation schedule
Date Opponent Location
July 25th China Celje, Slovenia
August 2nd Greece Ljubljana, Slovenia
August 4th Greece Athens, Greece
August 8th Croatia Ljubljana, Slovenia
August 11th Spain Malaga, Spain
August 12th Team USA Malaga, Spain
August 19th Japan Tokyo, Japan
Like Reply

This video got me hyped.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...cup-injury

Quote:Doncic has continued to play through a leg injury that he dealt with since shortly after the NBA All-Star break during the 2022-23 season. He admitted that the status of the injury is "not okay," but he remains focused on preparing for Slovenia's final game and a full NBA campaign with the Dallas Mavericks. 
"I do not know what to say," Doncic said. "It's not okay. At the same time, I have to prepare for one more game, and then for a whole season in the NBA."

Another season with nagging injury issues incoming?
Like Reply
(09-09-2023, 09:03 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...cup-injury

Another season with nagging injury issues incoming?

I say this with full understanding that there might be some details we don't know, such as maybe this is a situation where rest wouldn't have helped. I'm not a doctor, nor do I even really know the injury in question. 

But, if this really is something that's been bothering him SINCE THE ALL STAR GAME, and now he's going to have to deal with it THE FOLLOWING SEASON while he earns more than $40 million because he wanted to play in this FIBA thing...I'm sorry, but I have a pretty big problem with that.

I hope it's more minor than this quote makes it seem.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(09-09-2023, 06:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I say this with full understanding that there might be some details we don't know, such as maybe this is a situation where rest wouldn't have helped. I'm not a doctor, nor do I even really know the injury in question. 

But, if this really is something that's been bothering him SINCE THE ALL STAR GAME, and now he's going to have to deal with it THE FOLLOWING SEASON while he earns more than $40 million because he wanted to play in this FIBA thing...I'm sorry, but I have a pretty big problem with that.

Still so confused on what it even is.
This was something he brought up even before the tournament started and said he "wasn't 100%". Not like he thought it was fully healed and then it got tweaked again. This was something that was off that got worse after only playing a couple weeks
We need Brian Sutterer on the case
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Honestly, he needs to sit until it is done. Probably could have happened over the offseason with him not playing with the national team, but sit him out the beginning of the season please.
Like Reply
(09-09-2023, 06:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I say this with full understanding that there might be some details we don't know, such as maybe this is a situation where rest wouldn't have helped. I'm not a doctor, nor do I even really know the injury in question. 

Well at least there was something to win for Luka in this FIBA tournament. If Cuban wanted Luka at 100%, he shouldn´t have send him out there for six months carrying Cuban´s shitshow of a roster every night in an embarrassing attempt to hide Cuban´s own short-comings. Instead he should have shut Luka down on New Years´ Eve and joined the Wembanyama sweepstakes. That´s where you belong, when Luka needs to average like 50/20/10 for two weeks, so you can barfely beat the Rockets and Spurs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Doncic is on pace to become the first $70 million player in NBA history.

https://archive.ph/XQhoe
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
If anyone needs a new car. First car Luka bought, Porsche Panamera, is currently on auction in UK (looks like Luka is not the owner anymore). Current bidding price is 45.000 € (a bit less than 50.000 $). You know you are doing well if your first car is Porsche Smile

https://siol.net/trendi/svet-znanih/donc...zbi-616559
Like Reply
Zach Lowe complimenting Luka ON HIS DEFENSE

https://archive.is/jXjwK
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-12-2024, 08:46 AM)MFFL Wrote: Zach Lowe complimenting Luka ON HIS DEFENSE

https://archive.is/jXjwK

Thanks. I love the line at the end of "keep an eye on these guys".   I feel like I know a secret no one knows about.   I was wondering when the national media was going to catch on.  It is sort of hidden right now because there are teams better than the Mavs and the way to often stinkers.   But this could be a team that sneaks up on the national media if we can get everyone healthy.   Not a top contender but a team a notch or two higher than most have us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Fire Midd and then send fatso to China if he still refuses to play defense under the new coach.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Doncic assisted Hardy on a corner 3-pointer in the first quarter for his 3,000th career dime. He and LeBron James are the only players in NBA history to record 10,000 points, 3,000 rebounds and 3,000 assists before their 25th birthday.

per DMN
[-] The following 4 users Like MFFL's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply