Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021 NBA DRAFT: July 29, 7 pm
(06-30-2021, 05:39 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: Methinks the sage bovine dost misapprehend!

Seriously ...

You will have a hard time finding anyone in this group (or elsewhere) who is as "relaxed" as the happy-go-lucky ol' hogmelon.

[Image: 1186512-John-of-Kronstadt-Quote-Physicia...-teach.jpg]

Talking in the 3rd person?  *eye twitch*  :p

And you'll find no one in the group who wanted Donnie and Carlisle gone as much as me.  

All love.   Heart
Like Reply
I like when our farm animals interact.
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 05:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Cow misses Carter/Sonju/Motta

2 weeks ago so did Clutch...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 06:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I like when our farm animals interact.
Very Charlotte’s Web.
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 07:31 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Very Charlotte’s Web.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7NUrkFirA
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 07:31 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Very Charlotte’s Web.

"Animal Farm"........
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 09:05 PM)Kammrath Wrote: "Animal Farm"........

[Image: 058017ec8452db03da2eea5aee772a32.jpg]
Like Reply
I will never forgive Sonju for letting Sam Perkins go.
Like Reply
I will never forgive Tony Braxton for breaking up the 3J’s.
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 09:33 PM)Silent Mav Wrote: I will never forgive Sonju for letting Sam Perkins go.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Sorry KL, it's a very long simmering grudge against Sonju. The mention of his name brings it out. Friends and I lament about it at least once a year over beers.
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 10:29 PM)Silent Mav Wrote: Sorry KL, it's a very long simmering grudge against Sonju. The mention of his name brings it out. Friends and I lament about it at least once a year over beers.

Oh, I believe you (before my time). I just must've missed whatever prompted you to say that, lol.
Like Reply
(06-30-2021, 09:54 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I will never forgive Tony Braxton for breaking up the 3J’s.

I will never forgive Phil Collins for turning Genesis into a crappy mainstream pop band.

http://gph.is/1TnsM8H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGI2d31M7Ns
Like Reply
Four legs good, two legs bad.
Like Reply
I’ll never forgive Van Hagar!
Like Reply
Meanwhile, back to the draft.

If there is a KP deal that sends us #7 as part of the returning package, do you make the pick?  Take the 7th best guy, probably a 19 year old in a draft that is 5-6 deep?

Or, do you send it to OKC for #16 this year and the worst of their (possibly 4) picks in 2023?  You might also pick up a second rounder to give to NY to remove protections on our 2023 pick.  At that point you have a first rounder you can trade in all years starting with the current year.
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 07:10 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If there is a KP deal that sends us #7 as part of the returning package, do you make the pick?  Take the 7th best guy, probably a 19 year old in a draft that is 5-6 deep?

Certainly an interesting dilemma. Assuming the trade that needs a gazillion picks is not on the table, I would take the #7 pick and continue with my "team patience" strategy. Wiggins is not that bad compared to what KP brought on the table and we still have cap space for another serious player and center. I didn't do any work on draft so I have no idea who would be available, but a quick look at possibly available centers give me Kai Jones as an interesting prospect (one could even likely trade down from #7 to get him).
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 07:20 AM)omahen Wrote: Certainly an interesting dilemma. Assuming the trade that needs a gazillion picks is not on the table, I would take the #7 pick and continue with my "team patience" strategy. Wiggins is not that bad compared to what KP brought on the table and we still have cap space for another serious player and center. I didn't do any work on draft so I have no idea who would be available, but a quick look at possibly available centers give me Kai Jones as an interesting prospect (one could even likely trade down from #7 to get him).

Kai Jones size, quickness and athleticism are traits Mavs should be looking for and acquiring in regard to paint/front court players.

In my opinion.
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 07:10 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Meanwhile, back to the draft.

If there is a KP deal that sends us #7 as part of the returning package, do you make the pick?  Take the 7th best guy, probably a 19 year old in a draft that is 5-6 deep?

Or, do you send it to OKC for #16 this year and the worst of their (possibly 4) picks in 2023?  You might also pick up a second rounder to give to NY to remove protections on our 2023 pick.  At that point you have a first rounder you can trade in all years starting with the current year.

Trade down in the 12-16 range. Pick up Wagner or Giddey. Try to get a 2023 pick. Would be a great draft day. Just don´t see a team that is willing to give up a lottery pick for KP.
Like Reply
(07-01-2021, 07:10 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Meanwhile, back to the draft.

I’m pretty sure it was you who did this analysis a year or two ago about the worth of a pick. Didn’t you have a website or article you used to kinda gauge that value? Basically one future pick and maybe a second (esp if you’re getting the seemingly worst of the group) feels like a low return for that far of a drop.
Like Reply