Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dak is back
Not a great day for Dak. This season feels like a real missed opportunity. They were good this year, it wasn't a mirage. And, that game went as badly as possible from the Cowboys perspective, matchup wise. If they had played a good first quarter and gotten a lead they would've blown SF out, I think. SF can't play from behind, which we'll see next week. 

Despite the terrible start, Dallas was able to make it a game, but somebody found a way to confuse Dak pre-snap about halfway through the season and he never recovered. Stopped being able to read the plays pre-snap. The game today was there for him but he wasn't good enough to snag it.
Like Reply
(01-16-2022, 08:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not a great day for Dak. This season feels like a real missed opportunity. They were good this year, it wasn't a mirage. And, that game went as badly as possible from the Cowboys perspective, matchup wise. If they had played a good first quarter and gotten a lead they would've blown SF out, I think. SF can't play from behind, which we'll see next week. 

Despite the terrible start, Dallas was able to make it a game, but somebody found a way to confuse Dak pre-snap about halfway through the season and he never recovered. Stopped being able to read the plays pre-snap. The game today was there for him but he wasn't good enough to snag it.

It was but I wouldn´t really say confused. At least not today. Just under constant pressure. O-line was a disaster. A better QB or even Dak on a better day might be able to handle it. Today it was to much for him. Still thought that he outplayed Jimmy G.
Like Reply
All and all, not a surprising outcome.  Not a lot of quality wins on the season and some pretty bad loses.  Dak puts up empty calorie stats a lot and our division/schedule allowed for that.

Give me Romo over Dak on the field.  Give me Dak's leadership ability.  Unfortunately for Romo, his luck Stat in life was a 1 where Dak's is a solid 8.  There is no way Dak should be a $40m QB.  

Only reason this was a game is because Bosa and the other d-lineman went down and Jimmy G doing Jimmy G things late in games.  McCarthy is a terrible head coach and not a leader of men.  Moore is terribly overrated and McCarthy should have taken over the play calling games ago since that's where he hangs is hat, but unfortunately McCarthy's job isn't on the line.  Shanahan out dueled  Quinn.  Bones was great.

Gregory, Diggs, Wilson and Lamb were terrible.  Cooper disappears as he is want to do.

Shouldn't our coaches have studied how Green Bay torched that Niners D?  Yes the quarterback delta is large but the concepts are easy to follow and would play into Dak's strength.

How do you not use Pollard more?  

Zeke's kind of washed and grossly overpaid but he's a hell of a pass blocker.  Speaking of pass blocking, Cowboys need to invest heavily in the draft on the offensive line as is going to need to be almost completely rebuilt Smith aging out.

Can't wait to see Micah next year with a full offseason in the weight room and a year of knowledge under his belt.
Like Reply
(01-16-2022, 08:29 PM)cow Wrote: How do you not use Pollard more?  

Zeke's kind of washed and grossly overpaid but he's a hell of a pass blocker.  

Zeke never was that good. Was more about Frederick, Martin and Smith.
Like Reply
(01-16-2022, 08:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Zeke never was that good. Was more about Frederick, Martin and Smith.

That helps but don't discredit those first few seasons.  His burst is just gone now.
Like Reply
Back when DallalCowboys.com still had message boards some dude was campaigning for us not to pick Zeke and grab Derrick Henry in the second round.  Everyone kind of thought he was a joker with how passionate he was.  I'd like to buy that guy a beer.  haha
Like Reply
Feels like The Incredibles or some other variation.  The legit superstar now spending time as a retired family man. The next baby superstar has let himself go and sporting a double chin. Meanwhile others like Dak ( very good QB, not a great one) trying to fill in but nowhere near the real ones.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/stefondiggs/status/1...Z4kL4Wn8LA
Like Reply
Can the Cowboys sign Wes Matthews to QB the tank.
Like Reply
Cooper Rush time I guess.  Big win and Micah Parsons is incredible.
Like Reply