Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New (TEST) Color Theme Option
For the current dark mobile theme: what about these green Author's statistic buttons? While iit's an important piece of information, it is very prominent placed from a colors perspective.

And the green itself seems like a little far away from the original mavs green.
Like Reply
I use mobile dark when not at work. The one big issue with it is that you can't see anything on a particular page of a thread that comes after a deleted post.
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 05:55 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I use mobile dark when not at work. The one big issue with it is that you can't see anything on a particular page of a thread that comes after a deleted post.

I'm currently making a duplicate theme for the mobile dark so I can with help from testers narrow down where the issues are and hopefully fix them...

It is called test dark custom...i will update each time I tweak it and volunteers can tell me if their issue got fixed so I can make it a permanent theme...

Should be ready in about an hour for full use...still doing .css work currently...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Clutch is on fire!!!
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 06:26 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I'm currently making a duplicate theme for the mobile dark so I can with help from testers narrow down where the issues are and hopefully fix them...

It is called test dark custom...i will update each time I tweak it and volunteers can tell me if their issue got fixed so I can make it a permanent theme...

Should be ready in about an hour for full use...still doing .css work currently...

I'm curious to see what a theme with the original Mavs colors would look like. Especially the secondary and tertiary colors and all used with the right proportions/ratio.

Would something like this be feasible?
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 06:43 PM)WillE Wrote: I'm curious to see what a theme with the original Mavs colors would look like. Especially the secondary and tertiary colors and all used with the right proportions/ratio.

Would something like this be feasible?

Post an example...no promises since this caveman is learning how to use a computer lol...
Like Reply
(12-06-2020, 07:49 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Post an example...no promises since this caveman is learning how to use a computer lol...

Well, the official colors are the following:

Dallas Mavericks Royal (Pantone 2388)
Dallas Mavericks Silver (Pantone 877C)

Dallas Mavericks Black (Pantone Black C)

https://mediacentral.nba.com/wp-content/...osheet.jpg
Like Reply
Check out Lunorian...it is a work in progress but has Mavs colors in the scheme with more color adjustments still to be changed later today...

In will use this to learn so I can fix Mobile Dark Theme next...
Like Reply
Lunorian is a lot better but need to tweak some more colors and add the like system...
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 01:13 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Check out Lunorian...it is a work in progress but has Mavs colors in the scheme with more color adjustments still to be changed later today...

In will use this to learn so I can fix Mobile Dark Theme next...

The colors look great and I see you're working on balancing out their ratios. Keep it up!

What about that green and purple font colors? Are they even adjustable?

If so, the green of the old cowboy hat Logo is RGB: (0,132,61) according to
https://teamcolorcodes.com/dallas-maveri...lor-codes/
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 04:22 PM)WillE Wrote: The colors look great and I see you're working on balancing out their ratios. Keep it up!

What about that green and purple font colors? Are they even adjustable?

If so, the green of the old cowboy hat Logo are RGB: (0,132,61) according to
https://teamcolorcodes.com/dallas-maveri...lor-codes/
Elaborate on where and what green and purple fonts your talking about...sorry haven't had much sleep the last 3 days...
Like Reply
Speaking about fonts:

Mavs.com seems to use Avenir as their font. Is that changeable as well?

Anyway: contrast matter. Black on white always works great. For a silver background, white as a font is hard to read. Either black or the navy blue should be better choices.

(12-07-2020, 04:55 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Elaborate on where and what green and purple fonts your talking about...sorry haven't had much sleep the last 3 days...
Probably only from the Admins and Moderators User names:[Image: Screenshot-20201207-231019.jpg]
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 05:07 PM)WillE Wrote: Speaking about fonts:

Mavs.com seems to use Avenir as their font. Is that changeable as well?

Anyway: contrast matter. Black on white always works great. For a silver background, white as a font is hard to read. Either black or the navy blue should be better choices.

Probably only from the Admins and Moderators User names:[Image: Screenshot-20201207-231019.jpg]

Since this is your idea and request which will be named after you when complete I have 1 more request...

What do you think the colors for Posters, Mods, Admin should be?...

Also think about any other changes or issues as you test it the next day or so...try if possible to read enough posts and try all the functions you can...see if anything is hard to see or missing...try posting gifs tweets and other things too...

I appreciate you checking in often and adding your thoughts...it helps me get this done sooner...
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 05:19 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Since this is your idea and request which will be named after you when complete I have 1 more request...

Oh, I'm very honored!

But you can get as many requests as you need - this is work for a higher good, so anything it takes!
(12-07-2020, 05:19 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: What do you think the colors for Posters, Mods, Admin should be?...

Depends on the theme. Let's try the following:

Dark theme
Background: black
Font: white
User Names: royal blue
Other objects: silver

Light theme
Background: white
Font: black

Silver theme
Background: silver
Font: black
Other objects: navy blue

Applied on the current Lunorian theme this means changing the white text color to black and the black objects color to navy blue.

(12-07-2020, 05:19 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Also think about any other changes or issues as you test it the next day or so...try if possible to read enough posts and try all the functions you can...see if anything is hard to see or missing...try posting gifs tweets and other things too...

I appreciate you checking in often and adding your thoughts...it helps me get this done sooner...

Will do.

Appreciate your work on this A LOT!
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 06:05 PM)WillE Wrote: Oh, I'm very honored!

But you can get as many requests as you need - this is work for a higher good, so anything it takes!

Depends on the theme. Let's try the following:

Dark theme
Background: black
Font: white

Light theme
Background: white
Font: black

Silver theme
Background: silver
Font: black
Other objects: navy blue

Applied on the current Lunorian theme this means changing the white text color to black and the black objects color to navy blue.

Will do.

Appreciate your work on this A LOT!

So you know how to do this?...I could send you a copy for you to customize for the community and tweak as needed...

Yesterday was my first ever experience trying to read that Alien CSS HTML stuff... Undecided
Like Reply
(12-07-2020, 07:05 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: So you know how to do this?...I could send you a copy for you to customize for the community and tweak as needed...

Yesterday was my first ever experience trying to read that Alien CSS HTML stuff... Undecided
No, but I guess you have only one day more experience than me so I guess I could give it a try.

At the least four eyes can see more than two...
Like Reply
Made some changes...what else could be better?...I need practice before I build one more that would be voted on by the masses as too layout and color schemes..this one will be kept for you and anybody else who likes it for being my tester/advisor...
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 02:04 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Made some changes...what else could be better?...I need practice before I build one more that would be voted on by the masses as too layout and color schemes..this one will be kept for you and anybody else who likes it for being my tester/advisor...
While I like the green, I feel like it's not a great fit in this theme. Its probably no coincidence, that  these colors are also not mixed in the official logos.

However, the green and blue could be the main colors for another theme which tries to imitate the old Cowboy hat logo.

For this case, I think replaing it with silver or white should work better.
Like Reply
(12-08-2020, 06:05 PM)WillE Wrote: While I like the green, I feel like it's not a great fit in this theme. Its probably no coincidence, that  these colors are also not mixed in the official logos.

However, the green and blue could be the main colors for another theme which tries to imitate the old Cowboy hat logo

For this case, I think replaing it with silver or white should work better.

Will adjust the green tonight or tomorrow...
Like Reply
Made some changes to the green as you asked...I used white but can change if you like silver better...

What about main forum where you see all the threads...any color adjustments needed there?...
Like Reply