Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MavsTV Options this season...
(12-12-2020, 03:26 AM)Mavsdemon Wrote: Tried Hehe Streams. It seems fine. Good streaming quality and worked fine on my laptop/Chromecast. It did not work on my Roku channel -- I kept getting error messages. I put in a ticket, and I'll see how that goes. The cost is $100 for the season or $25 for six weeks or so. Either way, you get your choice of streams -- home, away and national. It is live and on demand. I gambled $25 to see if Hulu or YTTV picks up FSSW. If they don't, I'll just pay the $100. Still cheaper than AT&T at $80 per month.

I tried out hehe and had the same problem with Roku. I might use it for at least 6 weeks to see how it goes but I will be bummed if I can't get Roku to work.
Like Reply
Actually I was encouraged that I could use Mac OSX Airplay to cast the game to my Roku Ultra. I didn't realize that was an option before. I wouldn't get the same frame rate on the TV since it's having to stream to the TV but it's an option I suppose. Hopefully they can fix the Roku app as well.
Like Reply
(12-12-2020, 05:09 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Here is the message I got back from the tech service guy:

Thanks for letting me know. What you've found is simply a side-effect of the preseason. Every preseason there are changes that need to be made to account for the changes made by NBA League Pass. It's on the radar and will be resolved before December 22 at the latest.

I tried out hehe and had the same problem with Roku. I might use it for at least 6 weeks to see how it goes but I will be bummed if I can't get Roku to work.
Like Reply
Koo. Ya I am going to try it out again tonight but hehe is probably what I will roll with for the first 6 weeks.
Like Reply
Not working for me ?
Like Reply
I have watched the hehe stream tonight and it's been okay but I had a bunch of buffering earlier. I hope they get the Roku stuff fixed.
Like Reply
I was puzzled why the Mavs streamed their own game in 720p. It's 2020, can we really not have at least a full HD stream for a sports game?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I am going to use my freebie tonight from HeHestreams.  Hope it works.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 01:18 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I am going to use my freebie tonight from HeHestreams.  Hope it works.

I got it working enough that I am going to do the 6 weeks thing with a coupon while we wait out this starting contest between Sinclair and these TV providers. They updated the Roku app but I haven't tested it yet. I figure its going to work either now or in the near future. Also Airplay allows me to cast it on the TV as a backup (not as ideal).
Like Reply
Honestly, the only reason I get any kind of TV service is for Mavs basketball nowadays. I’m gonna use hehestreams for this season and see how it goes. Be nice to watch any other games I am interested in too. This is gonna save a ton of money cause I was paying like $80/mo for youtubeTV.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 03:27 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Honestly, the only reason I get any kind of TV service is for Mavs basketball nowadays. I’m gonna use hehestreams for this season and see how it goes. Be nice to watch any other games I am interested in too. This is gonna save a ton of money cause I was paying like $80/mo for youtubeTV.

I only watch Cowboys and Mavs at this point so I'd love to cancel it if given the option. I would have to talk my wife into that idea which I don't think would go over well but even she probably watches a total of 5 channels. One day we will get to a la cart channel subscriptions...
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 03:46 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I only watch Cowboys and Mavs at this point so I'd love to cancel it if given the option. I would have to talk my wife into that idea which I don't think would go over well but even she probably watches a total of 5 channels. One day we will get to a la cart channel subscriptions...
I think we’re getting pretty close to having lots of consolidation of streaming channels too. That will make things a lot easier!
Like Reply
So one thing I am seeing is that Sling TV lets you add-on a specific League Pass team for $18. I am guessing you will still be subject to blackout restrictions. Has anyone tried getting the Mavs league pass on Sling?
Like Reply
I like what see so far with hehestreams.  Easy to switch between home and away.
Like Reply
This new league pass app is terrible. Couldn’t watch last game on either PS4 or Fire stick with it, finally able to log in for this game but the Mavs broadcast won’t work
Like Reply
Welp, I didn’t know until just now, but I guess FSSW won’t work for me, either.
Like Reply
I am going with hehestreams after the game tonight.  Everything worked well and the picture was good.  It was simple to switch to the other teams broadcast from time to time.  Now I don't have to give AT&T my money.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:58 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I am going with hehestreams after the game tonight.  Everything worked well and the picture was good.  It was simple to switch to the other teams broadcast from time to time.  Now I don't have to give AT&T my money.
I paid the $90 tonight for the whole season. We'll see if the quality keeps up all season long, but I was happy with it the last 2 games.
Like Reply
What do you get for $90? Just the Mavs?

Can you airplay it, or do they have like an apple tv app, maybe? 

Sorry for the ignorant questions.
Like Reply
It's basically League Pass without blackouts for your market's team. You choose home, away or mobile broadcasts. I know there is the national broadcast option they were talking about too, I just haven't seen that option obviously since there are no nationally broadcast games. The commercial breaks you get past highlights and stuff. Sometimes there is a camera going on a timeout and stuff. Every team, all games, all broadcasts and you can replay previous days.

I haven't checked into the mobile part yet as I just watched at my desktop last 2 games. I believe there is an airplay option though. I'll get back to you on that in a minute, going to check.
Like Reply