Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2020-2021 ROSTER TALK: Archived
(12-02-2020, 06:49 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I guess what stands out to me in that chart is that Luka  has a 6'11" wingspan..wow
We should totally draft that guy!
Like Reply
Funny, I spent a full 5 minutes earlier today wondering why @"Kammrath" included height and wingspan on a salary graphic. He could've gone with college team, jersey number, age, scoring average...or even nothing. 

My conclusion was that Kamm has a wingspan fetish, but we already knew that, I suppose.
Like Reply
(12-02-2020, 06:49 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: I guess what stands out to me in that chart is that Luka  has a 6'11" wingspan..wow

Boban 7'10 wingspan is more surprise to me, I \think there was only player reported with such wingspan before and that is Mo Bamba?
Like Reply
(12-02-2020, 05:41 PM)Aussiebballer Wrote: With cap space for next season if they want to sign Giannis and keep Richardson it would require him opting in and dumping Powell?
Or if Richardson opts out they would also have to dump Klieber?
Since Richardson would have a high cap hold, $17mil approx
Depending on how much a 3rd team offers and which you want to keep, could also S&T THJ or Richardson and include Powell or Maxi to keep salaries incoming and outgoing close enough. I think that’s the most realistic way of keeping JRich if he has the year we hope he has based on his projected fit with a Luka while also adding a high quality FA
Like Reply
(12-02-2020, 07:16 PM)khaled1987 Wrote:

Boban 7'10 wingspan is more surprise to me, I \think there was only player reported with such wingspan before and that is Mo Bamba?
I kind of expected it actually.. Smile
https://media.giphy.com/media/3HDj2UelS1.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
(12-02-2020, 07:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: why @Kammrath included height and wingspan on a salary graphic

BECAUSE it is a roster chart that is about team building and part of team building is assembling a mixture of players with good length.

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: SJsc.gif]

(12-02-2020, 07:16 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Boban 7'10 wingspan is more surprise to me, I \think there was only player reported with such wingspan before and that is Mo Bamba?

Tacko Fall: 8'2.25" wingspan

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
@"Kammrath" I’m calling BS on your chart until it’s updated to include shoe size, zodiac sign and favorite color. Also, what kind of music does each player like?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=12425454]
Like Reply
I think we have all the official numbers in....some tweaks to Tyrell and Trey's contracts:

[Image: Screenshot-2020-12-02-at-8.57.36-PM.png]
Like Reply
I know he's on a relatively cheap rookie contract now, but what is the reality of Luka's deal for his extension and max contract? TBH, $25M still seems like a cheap deal for his talent level.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 08:56 AM)michaeltex Wrote: what is the reality of Luka's deal for his extension and max contract?

It is bigger if he continues to make the ALL NBA teams, etc.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 09:49 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 08:56 AM)michaeltex Wrote: what is the reality of Luka's deal for his extension and max contract?

It is bigger if he continues to make the ALL NBA teams, etc.

Yes, and judging by how Adabayo's situation went this time around, it seems clear that Luka's extension will happen at the end of NEXT summer. 

This season's trade deadline and next off season are extremely important for our Mavs.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 09:57 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This season's trade deadline and next off season are extremely important for our Mavs.
As was the last 10 years as will be the following 10 years. Same old, same old.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 12:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 09:57 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This season's trade deadline and next off season are extremely important for our Mavs.
As was the last 10 years as will be the following 10 years. Same old, same old.

In a way, yes, but in a much more important way, no. Not even a little bit. 

Completely different ballgame once Luka signs that deal.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 12:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Completely different ballgame once Luka signs that deal.
YES, different, not less important. Every offseason and TDL will be extremely important now that we have the big horses spots filled. The discussion to keep or trade KP will be EXTREMELY important in the future and will hinge on his projected availability. What we find out every playoffs from here on out will make every offseason and TDL EXTREMELY important to our team's future success. 

The availability of money is what makes it more and more important. Also, that's WHY the last 2-3 offseasons and TDLs were EXTREMELY important to setting up our future success. The tune will change, the discussion surrounding the how will change, the importance will not.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 12:39 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: ...now that we have the big horses spots filled.

So if you believe that, then we're not going to see this the same way. 

I think that is FAR from true.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 12:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think that is FAR from true.
I think the 2 big horses spots are filled (the 2 guys needed to carry the biggest load on our championship team). If you don't believe that, you're right, we won't see things the same way.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 01:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think the 2 big horses spots are filled (the 2 guys needed to carry the biggest load on our championship team). If you don't believe that, you're right, we won't see things the same way.

Right. And I don't.
Like Reply
The horses aren’t set in stone, but they will be by the summer
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 01:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 01:10 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I think the 2 big horses spots are filled (the 2 guys needed to carry the biggest load on our championship team). If you don't believe that, you're right, we won't see things the same way.

Right. And I don't.

Are you saying you don't believe in KP's ability?  Or Health?  Because, if healthy, there aren't many players we can get that would be better than him.  It is ok to doubt whether he is a "stable" horse that you can count on.
Like Reply
(12-03-2020, 12:25 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: As was the last 10 years as will be the following 10 years. Same old, same old.

dude

come on, now

surely you don't think that
Like Reply