Poll: With the current injuries, defensive struggles, and rumors swirling what would you do with KP?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Hold on to him! --- This will pass and he will be an elite player once he can get in game shape and put these unlucky injuries behind him.
47.69%
31 47.69%
Trade him this deadline in March! --- His value is possibly at the highest it will be and the Mavs need to get whatever they can in return for him.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Give him the rest of the season, then trade him this summer! --- Let KP get back and play himself back into shape/health and increase his trade value, but then move him this summer because clearly he is not the right fit next to Luka and with RC.
24.62%
16 24.62%
Something else....post below.
13.85%
9 13.85%
Total 65 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
HOLY KRISTAPS: All Things Porzingis | TRADED to WAS
Stephen A is the kind of dude to say that Luka aint all that cause he's from Europe, but will turn around and slobber all over Trae Young cause he isn't European LOL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...5224799232

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...3359862790

https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status/...1717086208
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 10:48 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
https://twitter.com/MicahAdams13/status/...1717086208

Big Grin
Like Reply
Looks like Mavs sold high on DSJ.
Like Reply
I really like having 2 20+ point players on the team. I would really like to see KP shore up his pick setting so as to get more space for the beneficiary of the pick. Some of that has to do with the ball handler though. I'm sure that will get figured out as the season progresses. 

Also seemed like he could challenge more shots at the rim (I know, 5 blocks, but there were 54 points in the paint), I understand the need to stay out of foul trouble, but sometimes it just takes the effort to throw guys off, or to change up the shot to make it more difficult.
Like Reply
[Image: Screenshot-2019-10-28-at-10.16.17-AM.png]
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 10:18 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2019-10-28-at-10.16.17-AM.png]

Is that good?
Like Reply
(10-24-2019, 05:24 PM)Hypermav Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLOfgCWJWYo

(10-28-2019, 10:18 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: Screenshot-2019-10-28-at-10.16.17-AM.png]
So much for the Rust theory.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 10:23 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Is that good?

Well, I think his rebounding is sub-par....I think he should be closer to 1.0 stls/36 and I think his FT% should be 80+% with his stroke.

But yeah, it's better than anything the Mavs have had since prime-Dirk (including Luka last year).
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 10:26 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 10:23 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Is that good?

Well, I think his rebounding is sub-par....I think he should be closer to 1.0 stls/36 and I think his FT% should be 80+% with his stroke.

But yeah, it's better than anything the Mavs have had since prime-Dirk (including Luka last year).
What I think it establishes is that all of his skills are intact and in abundance. It say's my floor is still AS. If his rust is such that we're discussing FT% and a few boards a game, I think that translates to him still possessing an All-NBA level ceiling.

For me, if he can bump the rebounds to 8+, lock down the FTs and keep assisting at a 3+ level we all have to be jumping for joy, secure in the knowledge that we absolutely picked the pockets of the NYK, picks and salary cap fodder be damned.
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 10:36 AM)jdb152 Wrote: What I think it establishes is that all of his skills are intact and in abundance. It say's my floor is still AS. If his rust is such that we're discussing FT% and a few boards a game, I think that translates to him still possessing an All-NBA level ceiling.

For me, if he can bump the rebounds to 8+, lock down the FTs and keep assisting at a 3+ level we all have to be jumping for joy, secure in the knowledge that we absolutely picked the pockets of the NYK, picks and salary cap fodder be damned.

If KP continues at anything like this at all till February then keeping him out of the All Star game would be a CRIME. The West All Star team is going to leave off a bunch of good players.....
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 10:26 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Well, I think his rebounding is sub-par....I think he should be closer to 1.0 stls/36 and I think his FT% should be 80+% with his stroke.

The preseason gave me hope for his rebounding. I sure hope he can get 8 or 9 per game
Like Reply
His rebounding is fine and the stats can be very misleading. I wouldn't dig too dip into it. As a team they did just fine rebounding wise.

The way Mavs play now is that centers box out and the guards (usually Luka) collect uncontested layups in order to get to fastbreak as soon as possible. I would say that most of Luka rebounds actually come from uncontested rebounds, that KP or some other guys could also gather just as easily. De Andre got his huge rebounding stats by going after every uncontested rebound
Like Reply
(10-28-2019, 02:10 PM)omahen Wrote: His rebounding is fine and the stats can be very misleading. I wouldn't dig too dip into it. As a team they did just fine rebounding wise.

The way Mavs play now is that centers box out and the guards (usually Luka) collect uncontested layups in order to get to fastbreak as soon as possible. I would say that most of Luka rebounds actually come from uncontested rebounds, that KP or some other guys could also gather just as easily. De Andre got his huge rebounding stats by going after every uncontested rebound

That's believable. I'll have to pay attention to that.
Like Reply
The eye test is showing me that KP can rebound even if he is not ever going to be an elite rebounder. I think collectively we can do well rebounding with DFS, Luka, Wright, KP and Maxi starting or playing a lot of minutes together. DFS and Luka in particular are very good rebounders for their position. Maxi has been rebounding pretty well with more minutes.

Mavs had a pretty even rebounding split against the Blazers who have Whiteside out there grabbing boards. I didn't feel like we were getting killed on the boards or anything.

(10-28-2019, 02:17 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 02:10 PM)omahen Wrote: His rebounding is fine and the stats can be very misleading. I wouldn't dig too dip into it. As a team they did just fine rebounding wise.

That's believable. I'll have to pay attention to that.

Luka does grab uncontested rebounds but in his case its an advantage for him to do so just like Jason Kidd bc he can immediately push up for the court vs DAJ who would have to spend an extra two seconds passing to a ball handler.

Luka does a great job getting in position for offensive rebounds when he doesn't have the ball. He is just a fantastic player all the way around. I pinch myself every day that he landed in the Mavs' lap.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jkubatko/status/1188802847145648128
Like Reply

[Image: giphy.gif]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RyMichail/status/118...1671398402
Like Reply

That is a sharp observation. We also all need to adjust to our Mavs now reflecting the modern game. It may take a minute after the years of undersized rosters and 3 point guard sets with most of the team 30+. Dallas is now young and extremely long. That matters.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jkubatko/status/1189532656066875392
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply