Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+13, 11 pts, 4 rbd, 4 ast, 1stl)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+12, 9 pts, 6 rbd, 2 ast, CLAMPED Mitchell)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+6, 2 pts, 1 rbd)
0%
0 0%
JALEN BRUNSON (+15, 41 pts, 8 rbd, 5 ast, 2 stl, 0 TO, 15-25 FG)
80.00%
28 80.00%
Dinwiddie (+6, 17 pts, 4 rbd, 6 ast, 2 stl)
0%
0 0%
Maxi CALL ME Kleber (+0, 25 pts, 6 rbd, 3 ast, 8-11 3pt FG)
17.14%
6 17.14%
Burke (-5, 3pts, 1 rbd)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 2 DIRKIE: BRUNSON BURNER! (80%)
(04-18-2022, 11:45 PM)mvossman Wrote: I realize you have to give the Dirkie to Brunson, but if you had asked me before the game which is more likely, Brunson to go for over 40 or Maxi to hit 8 threes, I think I would have gone with Brunson.  I also think the Maxi game may be more impactful from the standpoint of the rest of this series.  He was in such a funk he was almost unplayable offensively.  No better way to get out of a funk than to hit 8 out 11 threes.  With our frontcourt depth, we need significant minutes from him.

Agree with this, but I think it was just as impactful for Brunson to FINALLY have a "Bunsonesque" game in the playoffs. 

Kleber getting out of his funk is huge though, no doubt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-19-2022, 11:48 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Agree with this, but I think it was just as impactful for Brunson to FINALLY have a "Bunsonesque" game in the playoffs. 

Kleber getting out of his funk is huge though, no doubt.

I agree to some degree, but the Jazz are not the Clippers.  If we somehow manage to escape this series, and he plays anything like this against the Suns, then we can completely dispel the Brunson cant handle playoff defense narrative.
[-] The following 3 users Like mvossman's post:
  • embellisher, fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I voted for maxi to make sure someone did... then realized that others did as well.  JB just made a bunch of money on this game.  But in terms of the current playoffs, I am thinking the bigger deal is that Maxi gets on track and is able to play the majority of 5 minutes in this series.  He is the better matchup for the Jazz - by far.  

Maxi came into this league on his offensive merits... he developed into a solid defender.  Don't forget that.  He has been a good shooter his entire life.  If he can get his confidence back, the Mavs are going to be a problem against bigger C's that he can pull outside.  Big picture, that earns a dirkie on the potential season changing development.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsfan12's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(04-19-2022, 01:25 PM)mvossman Wrote: but the Jazz are not the Clippers

Awesome point. You're right!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(04-19-2022, 01:25 PM)mvossman Wrote: I agree to some degree, but the Jazz are not the Clippers.  If we somehow manage to escape this series, and he plays anything like this against the Suns, then we can completely dispel the Brunson cant handle playoff defense narrative.

If we got out of the first round last year I really think we would have destroyed the Jazz because it was a better matchup for both Brunson and KP but getting to see Brunson finally bust out in the way he did last night was well worth the wait I suppose.
Like Reply
I gave it to Jalen but major props to Maxi.  I was REALLY close to saying we needed to limit Maxi's minutes moving forward.   Luckily I am not the coach.   It is amazing how a few made shots will do. Confidence is a weird thing.  I am sure he has been shooting well in practice but when you only get a handful of shots a game sometimes it is tough to overcome.    Making a few in a row, can really get you going.  Great the Mavs found him.
Like Reply
I missed the 1st Q live and watched it after the game. If I remember right, Maxi made 2 of his first 3 shots, and neither make was even close to clean. But later it was nothing but net. Interesting how that works sometimes.
Like Reply
Gotta give it to Brunson, but it sure was nice to see Maxi make a bunch of threes! I just hope the slump is over, and this isn't an aberration. DFS with some great D and a late clutch 3 after shooting terrible all game.
Like Reply
I like the Burke vote! Made me giggle, but yeah, he came in and hit a 3. I didn’t expect either of those things to happen!
Like Reply
(04-20-2022, 01:25 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I like the Burke vote! Made me giggle, but yeah, he came in and hit a 3. I didn’t expect either of those things to happen!

Makes you wonder who cast that vote.
Like Reply
(04-20-2022, 02:41 PM)cow Wrote: Makes you wonder who cast that vote.
Makes me wonder for sure!
Like Reply
Rick

Rick C

Not @"Fuerza1"
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(04-20-2022, 02:41 PM)cow Wrote: Makes you wonder who cast that vote.

https://c.tenor.com/oFaky5HF9KgAAAAC/cow-cop.gif
[-] The following 2 users Like Hogmelon's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply