Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charania: Kyrie Reaches out to Lebron to team up in DAL. Lebron: I'll think about it
(06-06-2023, 09:18 AM)Smitty Wrote: I personally don't think he's worth any two of those 4 pieces you mentioned. But that is no doubt what it would cost the Mavs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong imo.

In general I agree, perhaps just a minor correction. I think he is worth those pieces. Just Mavs can't really afford to pay them and hope to be able to build any team around the three stars.
Like Reply
Honestly I don´t know what the motivation of LeBron was to have Charania tweet this, but whether it´s genuine interest of LeBron to leave the Lakers or just an attempt to bully the Lakers into stepping up their efforts for the Irving S&T, I´m cool with the second option too. That only means the Mavs can extract maximum value out of the Lakers.

Hachimura
Vanderbilt
Bamba
Russell on a one year deal to match salaries.
#17 pick (wink, wink)
2029 1st

Use the future picks to get Myles Turner.

Doncic/Hardy/
Russell/THJ/
Green/Bullock/Hendricks
Vanderbilt/Hachimura/Kleber
Turner/Bamba/Lively

I don´t think this team is worse than anything you can put around Luka/Kyrie and the cap flexibility and asset base are fixed in one swoop. No Kyrie headache either.
Like Reply
(06-06-2023, 07:25 AM)omahen Wrote: Steins view on the thing. To cut it shortly - he doesn't believe there is any chance to happen. Sources say Kyrie really wants to stay.  One quote that makes a lot of sense:

Amid a belief in various corners of the league that Dallas would prefer to sign Irving to the most team-friendly deal that the sides can agree upon, Irving's value to the Mavericks theoretically increases if his ability to recruit is factored in.

https://marcstein.substack.com/p/lebron-...icks?sd=pf

That is probably the best explanation of this thing and I also think Irving is correct.

Mark loves himself some recruiters. Chandler Parsons became pseudo-GM while he was here and was paid an extremely large contract solely because he convinced Dwight Howard to come to HOU and Cuban thought he could do the same here.

The most surefire way for Irving to get his max is to just tell Cuban: "Give me a max, I'll convince another star to join"
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-06-2023, 10:44 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Honestly I don´t know what the motivation of LeBron was to have Charania tweet this, but whether it´s genuine interest of LeBron to leave the Lakers or just an attempt to bully the Lakers into stepping up their efforts for the Irving S&T, I´m cool with the second option too. That only means the Mavs can extract maximum value out of the Lakers.

Hachimura
Vanderbilt
Bamba
Russell on a one year deal to match salaries.
#17 pick (wink, wink)
2029 1st

Use the future picks to get Myles Turner.

Doncic/Hardy/
Russell/THJ/
Green/Bullock/Hendricks
Vanderbilt/Hachimura/Kleber
Turner/Bamba/Lively

I don´t think this team is worse than anything you can put around Luka/Kyrie and the cap flexibility and asset base are fixed in one swoop. No Kyrie headache either.

Any SnT deal requires the signee to be signed for a minimum of 3 years and not at an exception. So D'Lo will be coming at a much heftier price. Same with Rui. Mavs also have to watch out for the Apron in said deal. Lets assume D'Lo gets 20 a year, Rui gets 15. Vando is at 4, and Bamba is at 11. That's roughly around ~50. Add in the draft pick at #17 and #10 and the Mavs are already at 176MM and past the apron.

I don't know which assets you're using to trade for Turner. Is it the Mavs 27 and Lakers 29? What contracts are you matching for Turner's 20 mil salary? The roster you proposed is pushing past 194MM because Bertans is still hanging around. 

Picks at the draft are rarely, if ever (seriously cannot think of a case at all the last 20 years), traded 6 days later during FA along with SnT contracts because the optics of such a deal would be placed under review immediately by the league for tampering charges. 

I've maintained any SnT deal with the Lakers and Kyrie is unrealistic as they have nothing the Mavs want outside of that 2029 pick.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/nbamemes/status/1665...43208?s=46&t=whLvje1nnUIC2GVBVD1v8w
Like Reply
(06-06-2023, 12:24 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That is probably the best explanation of this thing and I also think Irving is correct.

Mark loves himself some recruiters. Chandler Parsons became pseudo-GM while he was here and was paid an extremely large contract solely because he convinced Dwight Howard to come to HOU and Cuban thought he could do the same here.

The most surefire way for Irving to get his max is to just tell Cuban: "Give me a max, I'll convince another star to join"

But they cant afford to have three super highly paid stars on the team with the new CBA.  Right?

I still think too much is being read into this (in terms of another acquisition).  

It's basically Kyrie wants max money and Cuban probably looks around and says why bid against ourselves? Take $40 mil like Luka makes and give us a slight discount.
Like Reply
First of all, you'll have 3 ball-dominant players starting. Who's gonna play defense between the 3? Who's going to sacrifice playing off the ball? Who's going to rebound consistently besides Luka? Bron will be 39 in December. Who's coming with LeBron, and who's going back to LA? This is Kyrie throwing sh*t against the wall, hoping it sticks. No way I see this happening.
Like Reply
(06-06-2023, 12:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Any SnT deal requires the signee to be signed for a minimum of 3 years and not at an exception. So D'Lo will be coming at a much heftier price. Same with Rui. Mavs also have to watch out for the Apron in said deal. Lets assume D'Lo gets 20 a year, Rui gets 15. Vando is at 4, and Bamba is at 11. That's roughly around ~50. Add in the draft pick at #17 and #10 and the Mavs are already at 176MM and past the apron.

I don't know which assets you're using to trade for Turner. Is it the Mavs 27 and Lakers 29? What contracts are you matching for Turner's 20 mil salary? The roster you proposed is pushing past 194MM because Bertans is still hanging around. 

Picks at the draft are rarely, if ever (seriously cannot think of a case at all the last 20 years), traded 6 days later during FA along with SnT contracts because the optics of such a deal would be placed under review immediately by the league for tampering charges. 

I've maintained any SnT deal with the Lakers and Kyrie is unrealistic as they have nothing the Mavs want outside of that 2029 pick.

Then make it Beasley, Hachimura, Bamba and Vanderbilt. That should be a salary match.
I´d send Bertans to Indiana for Turner, since two unprotected 1sts are pretty high value. You got the picks right.

Salaries

Doncic 40.0
Turner 21.0
THJ 17.9
Beasley 16.5 (expiring)
Hachimura 15.0
Kleber 11.0
Bullock 10.5 (expiring)
Bamba 10.3 (expiring)
Green 4.8
Vanderbilt 4.5
Hendricks 4.3
McGee s-w 2.7
Lively 2.6
Hardy 1.7

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/scoopb/status/166630...62817?s=46&t=fF7AiPjcv-WDrLglnRKE5A

It's actually kind of hilarious this whole drama line. Kyrie could become a hit TV show writer.

Should we believe Scoop B, then Lebron thinks there is a possibility for him to end up in Dallas, and all it takes is his word.
Like Reply
If we end up with CP3 and LeBron, I don't know if I can route for this team and it definitely won't feel like Luka's team. I can get on board with LeBron, but not CP3. That guy is a championship cancer like never seen before.
Like Reply
I think this is nonsense manufactured by Kyrie to draw more attention to himself.
Like Reply