Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
DFS II: Return of the Doe-Doe
(06-26-2023, 07:49 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: DFS may be a declining player due to age. Getting off his contract was a sneaky benefit of the Kyrie trade.

I've been a DFS fan since the beginning. But, it was time to move on. Luka needs to be surrounded by guys that cut and move off ball. That's why I really like Lively. His feet never stop moving. No one ever needs to be stationary. Today's league has shown that the teams that have constant movement and good defense win.

DFS was a decent outside shooter and very good defender. But, the shot just wasn't falling as of late. If you watch the Warriors their offense has been predicated on off ball movement. That's what Luka needs.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 1 user Likes audiosway's post:
  • soog
Like Reply
(06-26-2023, 12:51 PM)audiosway Wrote: If you watch the Warriors their offense has been predicated on off ball movement. That's what Luka needs to do.

FIFY
Like Reply
Is DFS coming back?!?

I might be able to be a Mavs fan again!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is DFS coming back?!?

I might be able to be a Mavs fan again!

No. They just gave Hardaway his number, in fact. Sadly, DFS is gone for good, I suspect. Maybe they’ll get him on a vet min when he’s 36, as per usual.
Like Reply
(06-27-2023, 03:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: No. They just gave Hardaway his number, in fact. Sadly, DFS is gone for good, I suspect. Maybe they’ll get him on a vet min when he’s 36, as per usual.

I was already not paying attention as much. But when that trade went down I pretty much had no interest in the rest of the season. 

I just came back to say hi to you guys today. Not sure if I can jump back into the Mavs yet. 

Maybe if they 1) Send Kyrie somewhere else and 2) Convince Luka to stay in shape during the season so he's not just a tease
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Mavericks will be fun to watch again if both draft picks live up to everyone's expectations

We are going to need to add another center or 2, trade off some loose fitting pieces, and score some more talent to get the team back to where it was just a few years ago at the WCF.

Luka looks to have heard about it and he is probably going to be in shape so get ready to see the team back where it belongs in the play offs.

I can take it if Kyrie leaves and I can live with it if he stays that is not a problem if you ask me.

I think Hardy is about to become another scoring threat and that makes getting THJ onto his next team a thing the team should do and doing it while interest is there probably works better so go ahead and sell high now.

i am not liking the idea of taking all our money and giving it to KAT and that is the fact jack.

Tell me the mavs are not that dumb.

We do that deal we are looking to end our teams chances of ever keeping any of the talent that we are considering to be the future core.

You got to leave room to pay them as they grow into the teams plans.

Kat is one injury away from being untradeable what team wants to take on such huge risk and tie up that much cap in one player? You will be stuck with him just because of his contract so you better love what he has to offer.
Like Reply