Poll: What system is your fancy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mega-Threads
33.33%
6 33.33%
Individual Topics
50.00%
9 50.00%
Something else (please describe your wisdom)
5.56%
1 5.56%
I like to ruin polls
11.11%
2 11.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mega Threads vs. Individual Topics
(05-28-2023, 07:08 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Keeping it as it is will make it hard to find things. You don't need everything thing to be individualized for ex, Roster Talk , and Mavs news are primarily the same thing. Eliminate one. Keep the FA and draft threads, Around the NBA, as well as  Trades. Get rid of making a separate thread to announce a trade that was made. That belongs in Around the NBA or trades thread.

I don't mind merging a couple of mega threads.

I like separate threads for trades one they actually happen. In that case I think it makes sense to focus conversation on that specific trade. In case of rumors - it is just too many of them and I don't see any point of having separate threads for them.
Like Reply
I will say, I don’t enjoy reading the same tweet posted in multiple threads as someone who reads everything posted on the board.
Like Reply
We can hammer out a way to make it work and then post an Organization Structure post in the Announcements section to go with the lonely Forum Rules.
Like Reply
Everyone has spoken.

In the coming months we'll try to slowly integrate more individual threads into our organization and do away with mega threads. Now, for those mega-thread lovers don't fret, there will still be at least 1-2.

As many have suggested, a season-long mega thread for around the NBA news is useful (and I agree). A mega thread that is themed with the particular topic of the time (I.E. Draft, FA+Trades) should also still be around.

This wasn't meant to be a drastic change! But instead a check in to see if we're all liking what we're doing. In the meantime don't be afraid to start new topics on the main board.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply