Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Game 71 - Tank Busted? : DAL (36-35) @ LAL (34-37) | 111-110 WIN! CALL ME MAXI!
BTW, that was the quickest release on a Kleber catch and shoot three I've ever seen. I honestly didn't think he had it in him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Precisely these symptoms are the internet which is indeed a subset of society. But I have always felt this sight was significantly better than most of the internet. My 2 cents is meant to maybe help out a bit. 
I agree that leaving solves nothing. This board still offers many wise posters and you Killer are definitely one of them. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 01:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: BTW, that was the quickest release on a Kleber catch and shoot three I've every seen. I honestly didn't think he had it in him.

I learned in my long ago playing days that my very best shooting strokes from 3 came when under pressure both of the defenders and the situation. Some guys just have that and it was great to see Maxi do that. He also has that overly aimed, flat and short shot he often misses. In the last playoffs he was firing them in.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 01:22 PM)Reunion Mav Wrote: My 2 cents is meant to maybe help out a bit. 

For sure! Taken in that spirit, trust me!
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
Question 
(03-18-2023, 01:45 AM)WillE Wrote: That's really an interesting decision, since he didn't play a second until then.

So I wonder what the thinking behinod was:
  • It could just be, that this unit did it the best in trainings.
  • Or that wanted his his long arms to make sure, that the ball will be inbounded. However, this thought makes only limited sense, as he took out Wood for him and his arms should be just as long.
  • Thus maybe he wanted someone who does not pull the double team away from Kyrie so that he either beats his defenders or finds an open shooter - which he did.
Any other ideas?
Bump
Test. This is a test.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 02:40 PM)WillE Wrote: Bump

Don’t put too much thought into the mind of an idiot and don’t fall into results based analysis.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 02:40 PM)WillEWillE Wrote: Wrote: That's really an interesting decision, since he didn't play a second until then.

So I wonder what the thinking behinod was:
  • It could just be, that this unit did it the best in trainings.

• Or that wanted his his long arms to make sure, that the ball will be inbounded. However, this thought makes only limited sense, as he took out Wood for him and his arms should be just as long.

• Thus maybe he wanted someone who does not pull the double team away from Kyrie so that he either beats his defenders or finds an open shooter - which he did.
Any other ideas?Bump

Maybe his normal go-to inbounder was Maxi, but he didn't quite trust him after what happened earlier this week.

Maybe he really, really trusts Pinson's judgment on inbound plays.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 02:45 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Don’t put too much thought into the mind of an idiot and don’t fall into results based analysis.
I just want to get behind the thinking. I don't want to judge too much without knowing the details.
Test. This is a test.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillE's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 02:58 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Maybe his normal go-to inbounder was Maxi, but he didn't quite trust him after what happened earlier this week.

Maybe he really, really trusts Pinson's judgment on inbound plays.
Replacing Maxi would be one thought, though apart from that one inbound play the game before, can someone confirm that Maxi was the preferred inbounder?

However, even if Maxi should be changed out, that still does not explain why i) he took out Wood and ii) subbed in Pinson.

Whether ingenious or insane, there must have been a rationale for these decisions, and I would really like to know it. The judgment can come afterwards.
Like Reply
https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.h...0022201054
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 03:46 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.h...0022201054

Pretty clean.
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 09:43 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: turning point of the season for the boys in blue. if regular season was ended today with current standings i think we have a good chance to make WCF again this year. kings would be a tough match-up but it doesn't mean we cant beat them. Memphis ain't relevant without Ja.

They already beat us without him. So whatcha sayin?
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 03:14 PM)WillE Wrote: Replacing Maxi would be one thought, though apart from that one inbound play the game before, can someone confirm that Maxi was the preferred inbounder?

However, even if Maxi should be changed out, that still does not explain why i) he took out Wood and ii) subbed in Pinson.

Whether ingenious or insane, there must have been a rationale for these decisions, and I would really like to know it. The judgment can come afterwards.

If you ask Kidds critics, we were trying to tank and fucked it up.
If you ask me. Pinson is good at inbounding. Maxi shoots better at exact that spot than Wood.

I don't think Maxi is the preferred inbounder, if we need a shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mapka's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
(03-18-2023, 09:23 PM)Mapka Wrote: If you ask Kidds critics, we were trying to tank and fucked it up.
If you ask me. Pinson is good at inbounding. Maxi shoots better at exact that spot than Wood.

I don't think Maxi is the preferred inbounder, if we need a shot.
Well, even critics must admit that this thinking bears at least some logic.

And probably even worse for these: it worked out.
Like Reply