Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: OKC The Favorite For Nic Claxton Should He Leave BRK
Told y'all about GG Jackson. Kid is going to be a problem...

https://www.nba.com/grizzlies/game/0022301193
Like Reply
(04-20-2024, 06:28 PM)F Gump Wrote: Isn't this an annual rite of spring over the last few years, where Woj makes "news" as he proclaims that MIA (with a set of so-so assets) is on track to have an opportunity to land an all-star soon ... and then nothing really happens, followed by excuses all around?

I recall this happened with Kyrie and Lillard and Durant and Beal (and probably others I'm forgetting), and all did get traded but not to MIA.

Yeah this is the annual Miami Heat tweet. But, one has to wonder how close Miami really was in all of those cases. I'm sure a lot closer than we think with some, and a lot less close with others.

The Lillard thing had the most smoke and didn't end up happening cause MIL came out of nowhere. Kyrie/Durant never really had any legs. I remember the Beal moment but I believe it was Miami who passed up on it citing Beal's contract an issue. 

I don't really think they have what it takes to hang for some of the premier stars in rumors right now, but I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow pulled off a trade with Herro being the main piece.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
THJ + Maxi+Hardy+'25 1st (Top 5 protected)

For

Simons + Thybulle
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luka77's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
First playoff game overreaction. Mavs need additional scoring that is not a total liability on defense. So how about Malcolm Brogdon? A good two-way player. Not elite defender or offensive player but can create for himself and others. He could be a perfect 6th man for this team, bringing stability to the bench unit, scoring punch from the bench and a bunch of playoff experience. Since he is a decent defender, he could also finish games. THJ and Green for Brogdon (with draft assets attached) - involve third team if needed. Mavs save 6 mil of salary. Resign DJJ and you have Brogdon, Exum and DJJ who can play remaining PG, SG and SF minutes that Luka and Kyrie leave on the table.

Portland didn't want to trade him at TDL but I don't see much point for them to keep him.
Like Reply
(04-22-2024, 10:24 AM)omahen Wrote: First playoff game overreaction. Mavs need additional scoring that is not a total liability on defense. So how about Malcolm Brogdon? A good two-way player. Not elite defender or offensive player but can create for himself and others. He could be a perfect 6th man for this team, bringing stability to the bench unit, scoring punch from the bench and a bunch of playoff experience. Since he is a decent defender, he could also finish games. THJ and Green for Brogdon (with draft assets attached) - involve third team if needed. Mavs save 6 mil of salary. Resign DJJ and you have Brogdon, Exum and DJJ who can play remaining PG, SG and SF minutes that Luka and Kyrie leave on the table.

Portland didn't want to trade him at TDL but I don't see much point for them to keep him.

Aim higher.

I was somewhat wrong on PJ...but he is still not quite the player Mavs need.   He is a big step forward, though.

Mavs gotta fork over the cash for a legit 2-way instead of hoping on reclamation projects at sub 20M per.

Its pretty simple to me.   

Its only one game...Mavs are bluffing and have more up their sleeve offensively(not a fan of giving up playoff games to bluff)...but if Kyrie was so bad on defense yesterday and assuming Mavs gave it their all on defense to hide Kyrie....seems like moving him for a 2way is one of the Mavs only options for a big fish.   You will be giving up reliable and clutch scoring for a lesser scorer but more sound defense.

Clippers were hitting everything yesterday.  How sound was Ky during the quarter we played good defense yesterday?  Were the Clips key players resting then or not?  They had a 25 point lead.
Like Reply
PJ is not a good player. At all. He is okay on defense, but doesn’t make up for the shortcomings in his game on offense
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 12:47 AM)GATA Wrote: PJ is not a good player.  At all.  He is okay on defense, but doesn’t make up for the shortcomings in his game on offense

Need a dislike button.
[-] The following 6 users Like mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, KillerLeft, MFFL, rocky164, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 12:47 AM)GATA Wrote: PJ is not a good player.  At all.  He is okay on defense, but doesn’t make up for the shortcomings in his game on offense

Recency bias.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 12:36 PM)mvossman Wrote: Need a dislike button.

Great minds think alike - I was considering posting the exact same thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(04-23-2024, 12:36 PM)mvossman Wrote: Need a dislike button.

I searched for one in the options. There technically is a "dislike" button I can add. But it could also break the site cause it's a legacy feature and when I played around with it I got some spooky error codes. 

Would rather we just say why we dislike an idea vs. adding a dislike feature that may or may not also cause website armageddon.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL, mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I questioned PJ before the trade, but there's no use seeing him as anything but our starting PF for at least the next couple of years now that he's here. So, PJ is a given.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ghost of Podkolzin's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(6 hours ago)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: I questioned PJ before the trade, but there's no use seeing him as anything but our starting PF for at least the next couple of years now that he's here.  So, PJ is a given.

And I hope we lock him up for another 4 years as soon as that contract is up. He won’t be as cheap next time around though. Will be more like 25m per year. His current contract is actually descending and looks like one of the best non-rookie deals in the league right now.
[-] The following 4 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@TheDunkCentral
The OKC Thunder are favorites to acquire Nic Claxton should he depart from Brooklyn, per
@BovadaOfficial

Oklahoma City Thunder +225
New Orleans Pelicans +325
Toronto Raptors +800
San Antonio Spurs +950
Washington Wizards +1000
Like Reply
(5 hours ago)SleepingHero Wrote: @TheDunkCentral
The OKC Thunder are favorites to acquire Nic Claxton should he depart from Brooklyn, per
@BovadaOfficial

Oklahoma City Thunder +225
New Orleans Pelicans +325
Toronto Raptors +800
San Antonio Spurs +950
Washington Wizards +1000

Why would he go to OKC to play behind Chet?
Like Reply
We should all really root for him to re-sign with Brklyn because Claxton to SAS, NO or OKC is scary to contemplate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(4 hours ago)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Why would he go to OKC to play behind Chet?

My assumption is they'd move Chet to 4, a la Wemby.  I actually think Chet is more effective at the 4, like Wemby and the younger KP.

SGA, Giddy, JWill, Chet, Nick...  that's scary
Like Reply
Claxton is a superb perimeter defender (much better at it than Lively or Gafford), who also protects the rim. The synergy between a pairing of Claxton and Chet when the two of them play at PF and C should be obvious. I think they can do better than Claxton in terms of fit with the rest of their starting 5, but adding Claxton would be a huge improvement over their starting 5 from this season... and potentially open up a bigger role for Jalen Williams at SF, his natural position.

Wallace, SGA, Jalen, Claxton, Chet

They have so many ways to go... Markkanen, Avdija, Kuzma, Hendricks, Cam Johnson, Eason, etc, etc... and the picks to make any of these moves happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RGP1981's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply