Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 23: PHX (16-8) @ DAL (12-11) | 130-111 win
(12-06-2022, 06:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: It is hard to run a 10 man rotation of guys who are at very similar levels.

Are you saying "it would be hard to add another (a 10th) man" or are you seeing a 10-man rotation already?  I only see 9 who have a regular role right now, and don't see a 10th right now, that's why I'm wondering.

Luka
SD-Green
THJ-RB
DFS-Kleber
Wood-Powell

The others just get scraps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-05-2022, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs are asking their bigs to rotate all over the floor 

This.  Powell and Kleber have different strengths, but they are very dependable.  

I guess, at 6' 9" and listed as a center, Wood is also a big.  He can rotate but there's something raw about him.  I don't know his off court coaching history, but I see a willingness to learn, not much frustration...and he can score inside and out.  I like him.
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 06:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Subtle change in rotation that I really liked.  Green was first off the bench, subbing for Dinwiddie at 6:49.

I liked this, too. Today I'm wondering if there was intent here or if it was just about Dinwiddie's early foul trouble, but hey...he could've gone with Bullock, so Green being the guy was good. 

(12-06-2022, 06:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: It is hard to run a 10 man rotation of guys who are at very similar levels.

Unless I'm missing something, they have basically carved out a 9 man rotation at this point, and for me, that's perfect.

As others have said, the weakest link of those 9, imho, is unquestionably Bullock (at least so far this year). I'm fine with him becoming a 5-10 minute player at this point, and possibly even having his job threatened by Ntilikina or Hardy.
Like Reply
Phoenix came off a B2B on the road. Now it's the Mavs turn... Let's see how it plays out. If they win, it could be a turning point in the season.
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 09:43 AM)F Gump Wrote: Are you saying "it would be hard to add another (a 10th) man" or are you seeing a 10-man rotation already?  I only see 9 who have a regular role right now, and don't see a 10th right now, that's why I'm wondering.

Luka
SD-Green
THJ-RB
DFS-Kleber
Wood-Powell

The others just get scraps.

Wait, are you saying that before my second cup of coffee I made a math mistake?  Oooops.  Funny thing is I looked at the game flow (and last night was more platooned than usual).  I counted starters (there were five), then Luka and four guys, then SD with 4 guys.  That’s a 10 man rotation…right?

Obviously, I double counted one of the PG’s.  Even with 9, unless a couple of guys get “the Powell treatment” (maybe Powell and Reggie), it is hard for the four through seven guys to accumulate big minutes.  

All of that is before you even get to Hardy, Bertans and for all we know, Kemba might have a big game or two still in him.  It really is a pretty deep roster.  It could use a little consolidation, but the pieces you might want to move are paid too much and the pieces another team might want are too young and full of potential.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(12-06-2022, 10:50 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I liked this, too. Today I'm wondering if there was intent here or if it was just about Dinwiddie's early foul trouble, but hey...he could've gone with Bullock, so Green being the guy was good. 

Didn’t the last big Green game come with SD in foul trouble?  Whether that is the reason or not, the trend is our friend.  The other thing that is happening more is putting Josh into actions.  Some of his passing is breathtaking.  Some is heart stopping (as in no no no don’t jump….nice pass).
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply