Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim Hardaway Jr.
I wish we had better options to start because in all honesty, I kinda like THJ over Bullock and Holiday, but I think the rotation synergy is better with THJ coming off the bench long term.
Like Reply
(03-08-2023, 11:40 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I kinda like THJ over Bullock and Holiday, but I think the rotation synergy is better with THJ coming off the bench long term.

If he can play like he has lately off the bench, I'm for it - gives you more options, like scaling his minutes back if he's cold.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
My 2 cents (maybe 3):

1. Hardaway is super streaky. Duh.

2. He has slowly become a very decent defender under the new coaching regime. To my surprise.

3. Kyrie has affected the quality of his looks. Which could be huge down the stretch.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
When he's good, he's really, really good.

When he's missing... not so much.
Like Reply
Mavs have already indicated what their plan is for Hardaway.  Tried to trade him the past two deadlines, if the reports are to be believed.  So he will probably be a piece they look to move again this off-season.  I hope they don’t give him away though.  I hope Hardy takes some of his minutes next year.  But if the market is dry for him, might as well hold onto him.  He is probably a contract they package with a first round pick.  But I don’t consider him a bad asset.  He just isn’t the ideal fit with this roster now.  If he was 6’8 it would be a different story.
Like Reply
Post allstar break he is averaging 16/3/2 on 48.5% FG, 49.6% from 3, 68% TS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(04-07-2023, 07:43 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Post allstar break he is averaging 16/3/2 on 48.5% FG, 49.6% from 3, 68% TS.
Great! Sell that to another team!
Like Reply
I agree. Sell high!  But, I have to admit, THJ hasn’t been the problem. He’s even a little better defensively than in the past. If someone would have told me the Mavs would get this kind of production from him post all star break, I would have thought they’d finish top 4 for sure.
Like Reply