Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MavsBoard Familia
Hello everyone, I hope you're all staying cool in this killer heat.

I dont post that much these days, due to a long strenuous battle with some chronic health issues I deal with, but I am still here, still a Mavs Fan everyday, and I am still here checking us out here and rooting for you all.

I consider this forum to be a family of sorts here. We all one family under one common bond that we will all stay true to being Dallas Mavericks fans and that love we share for our team is what brings us together to have these wonderful, fun, insightful, funny, and sometimes heated divisive debate. I am all for the divisive debates... but I must say, these days it has seemed to get a bit more... passionate and at times vitriolic, which is sad.

I am not sure how many of you do actually know me, other mods here for this forum and why it even exists... This used to be a community of people from the old version of dallasbacketball.com which Mike Fisher ran, until his he signed a deal with Sports Illustrated.  They did not want these type of public forums and instantly our community was lost. So I personally designed this site (and forgive me for when it bugs out or isnt the most top knotch of web design, as I am not a professional web designer) on my own money paid for the servers, and I tried to outright give the site to Mike Fisher as well and was in talks with him on the phone which was tbh a bit surreal after reading his site and forums for many years Sports Illustrated chose not use this site and so we changed our name to break associations with the former and go our way, and we became what was Mavsforum.com.(later mavsboard.com and I will remake the logo here soon to fix the nomenclature distinction for us.) I personally was having financial issues due to my health problems, and was struggling.

But The single greatest thing I did in all of this was getting the crew we have as our mod team currently.

fifteenth, KillerLeft, ItsGoTime, SleepingHero, zero, StepBackJay, Kammrath, and ClutchDirk.

These guys are modding in the most efficient and still democratic and extremely civil and cooperative way that I am always proud and feel safe under the hands of. These guys are the heroes of this site. When I couldn't mod all the time they stepped up and then actually set it up and I transferred over the server and site and admin to ClutchDirk and Kamm and all these guys stepped up big and I can't thank them enough. We are a weird lil ragtag community of fans of the mavs that do all of this for free, just out of love for this forum and our team. We're Mavs fan but particularly came from  series of multiple iterations of forums that came before, like yuku etc lol... Sometimes we will disagree, sometimes we might downrght despise someone at time...but everyone just try to remember we are a family. We dont always have to like each other, and that is perfectly fine... you dont have to like your family... but you love them.

You love your crazy ass family regardless.

So I just wanted to maybe inspire and give thanks to our mods and our team behind this site. and I hoped to inspire some compassion for one another and remember we are still a family here. Let's try to be more civil and patient with one another in our debate.

Thank you all again, this site is and always will be huge to me and a regular schedule of my day.

Our Mavs will  figure something out, and we dont all have to agree... i know its stressful but, we got this, and let's have some class about it.

Love you fam
Like Reply
btw I meant to post this a little back when we were more active and heated but I in treatment and just got out and taking to time to now post it out in hopes to inspire and remind us to be grateful for one another, especially our badass mod team
[-] The following 4 users Like Magickian's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, Hypermav, WillE
Like Reply
Glad to see you doing better and around. 

I didn’t realize we had eight moderators. The site is run like there’s only one moderator.
Like Reply
(08-02-2022, 02:34 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Glad to see you doing better and around. 

I didn’t realize we had eight moderators. The site is run like there’s only one moderator.

lol, well we try to have as minimalist approach to any moderation, as our general philosophy.

We don't all always agree on the things that should be moderated, which allows more to exist, and we only try to moderate and intervene when absolute necessary. We are trying to allow the freedom of expression and different ideas.
Like Reply
Keep fighting the good fight!  Love you!
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, Magickian
Like Reply
Hope you’re hanging in there my friend. I think I posted something for you when you first started this board. Really appreciate what you did, what you have created…. which is a forum where real Mavs fans can debate, dream, commiserate, and report breaking news. As you can see by my “status”, I don’t post much these days, but I am literally almost on this site every day. I have been around since the days of Patricia’s Page and the Original Lone Mavs Fan Page when the “interweb” was just getting started!  The Mavs have been and will always be the favorite of my teams. I hope we Mavs fans will forever have a great place to chat like this!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 7 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • ballsrchr, DanSchwartzgan, hakeemfaan, Hypermav, Magickian, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-02-2022, 04:45 PM)OBX Maverick Wrote: Hope you’re hanging in there my friend. I think I posted something for you when you first started this board. Really appreciate what you did, what you have created…. which is a forum where real Mavs fans can debate, dream, commiserate, and report breaking news. As you can see by my “status”, I don’t post much these days, but I am literally almost on this site every day. I have been around since the days of Patricia’s Page and the Original Lone Mavs Fan Page when the “interweb” was just getting started!  The Mavs have been and will always be the favorite of my teams. I hope we Mavs fans will forever have a great place to chat like this!

aww well ty very much, and I honestly just took the first step, but our mods are the ones who owe the most acclaim as they took the ball and ran with it. So I think they are all fire for it, and this site wouldnt be anything without them and all of us being here as this is solely a community run place.

I remember LMFP, Pat (RIP) yuku, the other db forum type i am forgetting, and more that im forgetting lol. but I only come to this one forum now for all my mavericks information in one place.

So I have this great site it is thanks to you all for being here, or i would have just started a blank page essentially lol

and ty to everyone for your kind words. I am in therapy and getting various treatments, and working to improve my physical, mental, and overall wellbeing and rebuild. It is nice to always have my favorite place safe in good hands here with you all

AND to clarify, so it doesn't sound otherwise. I haven't contributed any work to this site in a long time now, and it is completely being taken care of outside of my hands, tho I would ofc moderate anything I saw necessary to and pitch in, but these guys are all on top of it, they're Rockstars
Like Reply