Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
I worry about relying too much on Christian Wood's scoring with JB out now. He was probably going to have to carry a huge load on defense already. 

We can give Powell crap but he was always flying around, as awkward as it looked at times. Now imagine Wood doing the same thing, but needing to help on the boards more and protect the rim more often. On top of that, score at least 18-20 points per night. 

It's a lot of wear/tear, it's why someone like Anthony Davis misses so many games. Wood got hurt and missed 31 games his 1st year in HOU when he was trying to put the league on notice, after that his numbers dipped and defense was an afterthought.

Mavs need Wood more than ever right now, and with no cap space next summer, are going to run into a similar problem of "how much do we pay this man?"
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 06:46 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: I worry about relying too much on Christian Wood's scoring with JB out now. He was probably going to have to carry a huge load on defense already. 

We can give Powell crap but he was always flying around, as awkward as it looked at times. Now imagine Wood doing the same thing, but needing to help on the boards more and protect the rim more often. On top of that, score at least 18-20 points per night. 

It's a lot of wear/tear, it's why someone like Anthony Davis misses so many games. Wood got hurt and missed 31 games his 1st year in HOU when he was trying to put the league on notice, after that his numbers dipped and defense was an afterthought.

Mavs need Wood more than ever right now, and with no cap space next summer, are going to run into a similar problem of "how much do we pay this man?"

THJ will be back too. I'm not that concerned about the scoring. I'm more worried about the defense. I don't think our current roster can field a top 10 defense
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 07:31 PM)MrGoat Wrote: THJ will be back too.

Wait until the folks around here who are saying this is no big deal figure out that THJ is going to be Brunson's replacement ion the starting lineup. You think it's dark around here today...

I'm actually ok with that part, myself.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 07:33 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wait until the folks around here who are saying this is no big deal figure out that THJ is going to be Brunson's replacement ion the starting lineup. You think it's dark around here today...

I'm actually ok with that part, myself.

Luka, THJ and Wood in the starting lineup?  DFS is going to need cheat codes to make the defense passable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 07:54 PM)cow Wrote: DFS is going to need cheat codes to make the defense passable.

Well, the good news is that according the twitter bracket I posted the other day he's the league's second best defender.
Like Reply
(06-28-2022, 07:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Well, the good news is that according the twitter bracket I posted the other day he's the league's second best defender.

#1 in our hearts.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, MrGoat
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Chriswood_5/status/1...7985355776

I think Mr. Wood is getting ready for next season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-05-2022, 02:03 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chriswood_5/status/1...7985355776

I am not the biggest Chandler Parsons fan, but i think he is right on here.   When I am looking for options, I am looking for guys who I would trust being on the floor with Luka late in games.  I sant some guys who play with toughness.   I think this is the best player to fit with Kidd moving forward too.
Like Reply
(07-05-2022, 02:03 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/Chriswood_5/status/1...7985355776

Can't wait to see Wood in a Mavs jersey doing his thing with Luka.  It's going to be FUN!  Dude is a live body with good feel on offense.  All that remains a question is if he can be a motivated defender.  If he is, guy could be an allstar here.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mavsfan12's post:
  • BigDirk41, Dahlsim, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ezCWuXszDg&ab_channel=theScore
[-] The following 2 users Like Mavsfan12's post:
  • Dahlsim, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Quote:Christian Wood told WFAA TV that he’s “counting my blessings” about the trade that sent him from the Rockets to the Mavericks in June. Wood, who spoke during a break at a youth basketball camp, said he’s focused on helping Dallas get even farther than last season’s trip to the Western Conference Finals.

“It’s a great opportunity for me and for this organization to try and take that next step,” he said. “I just want to win games. My main objective is to try and get to the (NBA) Finals.”

Wood, who’s entering the final year of his contract, will add plenty of scoring and rebounding to the Mavs’ front line. He averaged 17.9 points and 10.1 rebounds per game last season, but he wasn’t in the Rockets’ long-term plans so they shipped him to the Mavericks in exchange for four players and a first-round pick.

Wood said he’s happy to be in Dallas — both on and off the court.

“I love the city — it’s a little bit calmer than Houston, thank God,” he said with a laugh. “I’ve tried a few food spots out here, and the food is great. But I’m still trying to find my way around.”
Like Reply
(06-20-2022, 02:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: As I have rekindled my love affair with Christian Wood (I REALLY wanted him before HOU signed him), I am fully on "The Wood Wagon." 

I anticipate him being the starting center for the Mavs for the next four years. Of course he may not work out in DAL, but I am very hopeful and confident that he will. And I think we will look back at this trade in awe of how one sided it was.

Well, he has been the starting center for 10 games now. Let's hope Kidd never looks back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply