Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(07-12-2022, 07:49 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don´t you see the brilliance of this post. This isn´t just about KP. They turned DSJ into KP. And now they have Frank who had the biggest highlight play of his career when he dunked on KP.

No, no, I got it. I was playing along.
Like Reply
Looking at the 2017 draft class. Mavs bust collection is impressive.  DSJ, Justin Jackson and Frank all played (still play) for the Mavs.
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 08:04 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Looking at the 2017 draft class. Mavs bust collection is impressive.  DSJ, Justin Jackson and Frank all played (still play) for the Mavs.

When does Josh Jackson roll through town?
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 08:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: When does Josh Jackson roll through town?

Only a matter of time. Better question. When is Fultz going to join the PG bust party in Dallas. That´s actually a trade that I would really consider if the Magic aren´t asking for a 1st round pick.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...9877122048
Like Reply
Interview with Dragic in Slovenian media. Most of the interview is about the national team, this is what he said about NBA FA:

- he went to Chicago because of coach Donovan and GM Karnisovas. He is also friends with Vucevic. He was speaking with them already last season, but chose BKN in the end. 
- he will be second PG in Chicago, playing 20-25 mpg
- he didn't choose Dallas, because they couldn't assure him he will play. They said he would be more on the bench

Se je Goran Dragić že odločil? - siol.net
[-] The following 7 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, Jmaciscool, Kammrath, KillerLeft, mvossman, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 01:44 AM)omahen Wrote: Interview with Dragic in Slovenian media. Most of the interview is about the national team, this is what he said about NBA FA:

- he went to Chicago because of coach Donovan and GM Karnisovas. He is also friends with Vucevic. He was speaking with them already last season, but chose BKN in the end. 
- he will be second PG in Chicago, playing 20-25 mpg
- he didn't choose Dallas, because they couldn't assure him he will play. They said he would be more on the bench

Se je Goran Dragić že odločil? - siol.net
So he wanted more than the veteran deep backup role we thought he wanted. We could have offered him the 20-25 min backup role SD had last year. Only reason they didn’t HAS to be because they have/had at the time something else they thought was better. I mean, right? What’s that saying about birds and bushes? They better be real solid on the move they think they have.
[-] The following 7 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, Jmaciscool, khaled1987, KillerLeft, mvossman, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 01:44 AM)omahen Wrote: - he will be second PG in Chicago, playing 20-25 mpg

This points to one of three things IMO:

1) The Mavs have plans for a minutes distribution from guys currently on the roster that doesn't leave 20 mins for another backup PG.

2) The Mavs have plans for a trade that would squeeze the minutes of someone like Dragic.

3) The Mavs have plans to to sign someone else as a FA that would squeeze the minutes of someone like Dragic. 

I personally think all the signs heavily point toward #2 and that the Mavs are planning some sort of trade that is waiting on the whole KD fiasco. 

I also personally think the Mavs angling for Ben Simmons makes the most sense of all the tea leaves FWIW. 

Otherwise it seems like the Mavs have a plan for JG/FN/JH to be getting some very intentional backup PG minutes.
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 07:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Otherwise it seems like the Mavs have a plan for JG/FN/JH to be getting some very intentional backup PG minutes.

First one to a league average 3 Point Percentage on reasonable volume wins.

What we are being told is the non-starters in the primary rotation include Wood, Maxi and THJ.  Seems like there is a pretty obvious hole there.
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 07:08 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: What we are being told is the non-starters in the primary rotation include Wood, Maxi and THJ.  Seems like there is a pretty obvious hole there.

Hole that you think WILL be filled...or just a hole of backup PG skill?
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 07:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Hole that you think WILL be filled...or just a hole of backup PG skill?

Hope will be filled.  I'm still throwing out proposals.  Something I find interesting is holding open the 15th spot.  We typically think in terms of a two for one outgoing (expiring Powell and asset Green for Beverley for instance).  But holding that spot seems to indicate the opposite might be true (one Dallas player outgoing for two incoming).  

I think the other thing that has to be considered is the when.  Now or at the TDL?
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 07:18 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: one Dallas player outgoing for two incoming

Yes, I have been thinking about this as part of the tea leaves as well. But have yet to see or think of an idea that obviously makes sense to me.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status...8154811393
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1...5125392390
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 07:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status...8154811393

I said it before and I'll say it again, it makes zero sense for all parties to blow it up now. 

If Kyrie wants to head to LA next year then they can make it happen then. KD is locked up and has no leverage. BRK should keep the status quo for as long as possible.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
If Durant isn’t going to sit out until he’s traded, then the Nets shouldn’t trade him. Finish at least a portion of your commitment KD.
Like Reply
Good, so KD and Kyrie are staying.  NBA lets start moving the other pieces now.
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 08:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: When does Josh Jackson roll through town?

Totally forgot about him. 4th pick of that draft. Wonder why he can't stick on a roster?  He's athletic and has some talent doesn't he?
Like Reply
(07-13-2022, 07:00 AM)Kammrath Wrote: This points to one of three things IMO:

1) The Mavs have plans for a minutes distribution from guys currently on the roster that doesn't leave 20 mins for another backup PG.

2) The Mavs have plans for a trade that would squeeze the minutes of someone like Dragic.

3) The Mavs have plans to to sign someone else as a FA that would squeeze the minutes of someone like Dragic. 

I personally think all the signs heavily point toward #2 and that the Mavs are planning some sort of trade that is waiting on the whole KD fiasco. 

I also personally think the Mavs angling for Ben Simmons makes the most sense of all the tea leaves FWIW. 

Otherwise it seems like the Mavs have a plan for JG/FN/JH to be getting some very intentional backup PG minutes.

If its not number 2 then they are complete idiots.  There is not a current roster or vet min option that can compete with Dragic.

I am wildly skeptical they are going to make a move that will be better than just signing Dragic.  I don't see Ben Simmons.  I think Westbrook is more likely than Simmons.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6494636032
Like Reply