Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
Pipe dream Detroit. And when that happens the Mavs need to be ready to go after Stewart.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 02:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: What do you think the SNT package might look like?

Maybe Anunoby?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1003...of-toronto
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status...8575892484
Like Reply
Seriously, though: Is Claxton actually going to switch teams? If so, what will his next deal look like?

I'm into that idea, if at all possible. Is it?
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 02:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Pipe dream Detroit. And when that happens the Mavs need to be ready to go after Stewart.
YES! After missing out on WCJ, they better!
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 01:59 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Very fair. 

It will be interesting to see where he lands, and whether or not he gets his max. I'm still predicting ATL.

It's not nearly so simple as Ayton for Capella. ATL will have to deal with hard cap obstacles (they are over the apron), while PHX will face base year obstacles and perhaps hard cap issues also, if an Ayton-to-ATL deal was trying to happen.
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 04:48 PM)F Gump Wrote: It's not nearly so simple as Ayton for Capella. ATL will have to deal with hard cap obstacles (they are over the apron), while PHX will face base year obstacles and perhaps hard cap issues also, if an Ayton-to-ATL deal was trying to happen.

Are you saying it can't happen, or just that it will be difficult? 

I just have a feeling on this one. They've been chasing Ayton for a while now. 

I also like @"Kammrath"'s TOR prediction though.
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 04:48 PM)F Gump Wrote: It's not nearly so simple as Ayton for Capella. ATL will have to deal with hard cap obstacles (they are over the apron), while PHX will face base year obstacles and perhaps hard cap issues also, if an Ayton-to-ATL deal was trying to happen.

Phx-Atl is extremely easy. Gallo is guaranteed only 5 mil for next season and this is where Atl gets all the space they need. Worst case for them they cut him.
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 04:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: TOR prediction

I am not so sure about Toronto. Anunoby is great, but Phoenix would need a good center if they lose Ayton.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 04:57 PM)omahen Wrote: I am not so sure about Toronto. Anunoby is great, but Phoenix would need a good center if they lose Ayton.

Agree, but Anunoby is a pretty dope player to get for someone who's walking anyway. Does Toronto have no chance to create enough space to force PHX to the table? It is basically Ayton's choice, after all.
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 05:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Agree, but Anunoby is a pretty dope player to get for someone who's walking anyway. Does Toronto have no chance to create enough space to force PHX to the table? It is basically Ayton's choice, after all.

He is not walking anyway, he is restricted. No way Phoenix lets him walk for nothing. But yes agree, it is Aytons choice. He could say Toronto only, but that would likely just increase his chance he stays in Phoenix. 

Toronto has 7 mil of cap space if they let all FA walk (no huge loss there). So it would cost them a lot to create cap space (like gifting one or two of their core guys) for an offer that Phoenix can just match.
Like Reply
(06-12-2022, 05:12 PM)omahen Wrote: He is not walking anyway, he is restricted

Geez, I am slacking lately. I didn't even know he was restricted, sorry!
Like Reply
No worries. I am with you on the Atlanta theory. It makes so much sense for both sides. Phoenix gets a cheaper centre (and some assets) to stay under the tax, Atlanta gets a better centre. Although I am not sure about the defensive part. Atlanta has all sorts of contracts in the world to make this deal happen. I think they will go after Ayton or Gobert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Quote:The Thunder may be the first domino with up to $31.8 million in cap space. The team is open to taking on unwanted salary for draft compensation before its room disappears on July 1 when Shai Gilgeous-Alexander's extension kicks in.

The Knicks looking to hire Rick Brunson, per Ian Begley of SNY, isn't a coincidence. His son, Dallas Mavericks free-agent Jalen Brunson, may be next. While New York won't have the cap room, multiple sources believe Dallas may blink at Brunson's asking price, compelled to sign and trade him to the Knicks.

Competing teams are very curious how the Brooklyn Nets deal with Kyrie Irving, the Philadelphia 76ers with James Harden and the Washington Wizards with Bradley Beal. All three have player options but could opt out and re-sign or walk outright as free agents.
The Suns are apparently hoping Dario Saric returns to form after a knee injury and may not be looking to dump his $9.2 million remaining in trade.

The Hawks may waive Danilo Gallinari, whose $21.5 million contract is only $5 million guaranteed. Similarly, the Trail Blazers may cut Eric Bledsoe's $19.4 million with a $3.9 million guarantee. Either could end up in a trade, though the returns for Atlanta and Portland would be based on the guaranteed portion, not the full salaries.

After hiring Kenny Atkinson, the Hornets may hold onto Gordon Hayward. Several sources believe the Pacers will keep Turner. Pencil in Chris Boucher to return to the Raptors.

The Cavaliers may look to restock their backcourt with a healthy Collin Sexton and Ricky Rubio, who they traded to the Pacers at the deadline.

The Pistons are expected to retain Marvin Bagley III. The team may make a run at a restricted free agent like Miles Bridges or Ayton, either by offer sheet or sign-and-trade.

Many believe D'Angelo Russell is available out of Minnesota.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1003...fore-draft
Like Reply
Quote:Teams seeking a starting center may include the Toronto Raptors, Pistons, Trail Blazers and Hornets. Some sources believe the San Antonio Spurs (Jakob Poeltl), Chicago Bulls (Nikola Vucevic), Hawks (Clint Capela, John Collins), Pacers (Turner) or even Kings (Richaun Holmes, Harrison Barnes) could look to swap out existing players for one of the top available centers via trade.
Like Reply
Quote:Would the Bulls offer Coby White, Marko Simonovic and Vucevic for Gobert? Would Sacramento try to pair Domantas Sabonis with Gobert with an offer of Holmes, Barnes and No. 4? Do the Phoenix Suns target Capela or Collins in an Ayton sign-and-trade? It's too early to guess how teams ultimately reshuffle, but now is the time to run scenarios and feel other teams out as the draft nears with free agency beginning a week later.

Another big who could be on the move is Steven Adams of the Memphis Grizzlies, although he's extremely well-liked in the locker room.
Like Reply
Give me Aquaman all day, all week, all month, all year Big Grin
Like Reply
From Marc Stein:

Quote:I've heard a rumble or two in recent months from parties hopeful of luring Bradley Beal away from Washington that Beal is known for saying, in essence, that he wants to be the Dirk Nowitzki of the Wizards in terms of playing only for the franchise that drafted him No. 3 overall in 2012. In an interview last week with Bleacher Report's Taylor Rooks, Beal stopped short of publicly promising to re-sign with Washington this summer but did strongly hint at it when he said: “If I feel like I can win in DC, that’s what I’m gonna do, and I want people to respect that."

A weekend's worth of NBA scuttle - Marc Stein (substack.com)
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4316200962
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2187942919
Like Reply