Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(09-28-2022, 11:17 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think somebody already came up with a great suggestion on Conley.  It involved another team (I think Detroit) with Timmy going their and Conley coming here.  I think we might be giving up Green in that scenario.  I would do that.

Based on the return for Bojan, it might only take Powell + Green to get Clarkson (an expiring and a young not great prospect).  I would probably do that as well, but things get really crowded in that scenario.

I don't see us trading Powell or THJ at the moment.
We don't have the picks to really upgrade them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mapka's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(09-28-2022, 11:17 PM)mvossman Wrote: I think somebody already came up with a great suggestion on Conley.  It involved another team (I think Detroit) with Timmy going their and Conley coming here.  I think we might be giving up Green in that scenario.  I would do that.

Based on the return for Bojan, it might only take Powell + Green to get Clarkson (an expiring and a young not great prospect).  I would probably do that as well, but things get really crowded in that scenario.

Is THJ expiring after this season?  If not, I don't see him really going anywhere at the moment. I think he stays, at least until the TDL so they can see how he fits after missing most of the season.  Much less Detroit. I believe they are done for now except for deciding when they buy out  Kemba.
Like Reply
THJ has three years left on his deal.
Like Reply
(09-29-2022, 02:04 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: THJ has three years left on his deal.

Thanks. I didn't think he was.
Like Reply
Now is probably the worst time to trade THJ from a value perspective considering he is coming off a significant injury.  If he play well this year and because the structure of his deal, he'd probably have decent value next offseason.
Like Reply
(09-29-2022, 12:52 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Is THJ expiring after this season?  If not, I don't see him really going anywhere at the moment. I think he stays, at least until the TDL so they can see how he fits after missing most of the season.  Much less Detroit. I believe they are done for now except for deciding when they buy out  Kemba.

Yeah, the Detroit suggestion was prior to the Bojan trade.
Like Reply
Weirdest trade of all time?  The depths Presti will go to get a second round pick. Sick dude Smile
  Oops looks like Houston get the pick.  
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/15756...28288?s=46&t=Va8errsSX77jTqys5thnPQ
Like Reply
Presti's recruitment of Luka has begun with him acquiring three Luka's BFFs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(09-29-2022, 08:04 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Weirdest trade of all time?  The depths Presti will go to get a second round pick. Sick dude Smile
  Oops looks like Houston get the pick.  
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/15756...28288?s=46&t=Va8errsSX77jTqys5thnPQ

So if Burke were to get waived would he be able to sign with the Mavs?  I'm thinking there's still some rule that would prevent that but I don't recall what it would be.
Like Reply
(09-29-2022, 08:50 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: So if Burke were to get waived would he be able to sign with the Mavs?  

Yes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(09-29-2022, 09:38 PM)F Gump Wrote: Yes.

via GIPHY

[-] The following 5 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, mvossman, Paul Gasol, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(09-29-2022, 09:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

via GIPHY

I think I view it as [Conley or other similar point guard] > [vet min non-Burke vet point guard] > Burke > empty roster spot.
Like Reply
I’d happily welcome Trey Burke back at this point.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(09-30-2022, 06:59 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’d happily welcome Trey Burke back at this point.
I think we all knew that.  Wink

He is to you as Powell is to Cuban!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Two teams shuffling chairs on the Titanic.

Thunder, Rockets complete massive 8-player trade (msn.com)
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(09-30-2022, 08:54 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Two teams shuffling chairs on the Titanic.

Thunder, Rockets complete massive 8-player trade (msn.com)

Being John Presti, I´d really like to look behind the curtain on all these deals, promises, cap and roster gymnastics he makes. If we assume the Thunder are not trying to win now, then all the players they got are virtually useless veterans to them. Arguably they gave up the three most interesting players (trade value) and a pick.
Like Reply
(09-30-2022, 09:50 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Being John Presti, I´d really like to look behind the curtain on all these deals, promises, cap and roster gymnastics he makes. If we assume the Thunder are not trying to win now, then all the players they got are virtually useless veterans to them. Arguably they gave up the three most interesting players (trade value) and a pick.

*Sam*
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/15758...buzd4rAAAA
Like Reply
(09-30-2022, 12:19 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: *Sam*

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Being_John_Malkovich

Wink
Like Reply
Miles Bridges Becomes Restricted Free Agent After Allowing $7.9 Million Qualifying Expire (msn.com)
Like Reply