Poll: How many points do the Mavs score this game? O/U 103.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
85.71%
6 85.71%
Under
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. GSW (2-0) | 117-126 loss
(05-20-2022, 11:10 PM)cow Wrote: I'm still confident we can win this series, but tonight hurts as this was a game we could have won.

I felt like the Mavs REALLY needed tonight to get this series. I change my pick to GSW in 6 now (had Mavs in 7 initially).
Like Reply
Some of you really deserve to see this franchise/roster play your perceived elite defense without Luka. Those 12 win seasons will be truly special.

This team has four lottery picks on the roster and three of them are Frank Ntilikina, Trey Burke and Marquese Chriss. Good luck finding another roster in the whole league, where the 2nd best lottery pick is Trey Burke´s level.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BasketballJones41, Branduil, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
Dallas went 11- 48 on 3's in game one, and 21-45 tonight and lost both games. GS went 14-28 from 3  tonight and 10-29 on Weds. My point is GS doesn't shoot as many 3's because they score in the paint also.  They had 63 pts in the paint tonight. Dallas needs to score more in the paint, and quit relying on 3's.
Like Reply
Powell didn't score and Kleber had 3 pts. Looney had 21 and 12 boards. Embarrassing. Mavs need more from the 5 hole.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 11:14 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I felt like the Mavs REALLY needed tonight to get this series. I change my pick to GSW in 6 now (had Mavs in 7 initially).

I still say Mavs in 7. If Luka hadn't been sick they win tonight. I'm not worried at all right now. Poole is an incredibly streaky shooter and makes HUGE mistakes. Green will likely get suspended later in the series for his hot head. And Curry was missing wide open 3s at home. 

Let Luka get some rest and I'm telling you it's going to be a different series.

That said, they need to address the 5 in the offseason.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
I don't think the Mavs can overcome the black hole at the 5. It's weird it caught up to them against Looney and not Ayton, but we just have an impossible deficit there. Starting C and backup wing will need to be addressed.
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 11:59 PM)Branduil Wrote: I don't think the Mavs can overcome the black hole at the 5. It's weird it caught up to them against Looney and not Ayton, but we just have an impossible deficit there. Starting C and backup wing will need to be addressed.

I think they can overcome it. It's going to take a lot of work. But, it will need to be addressed in the offseason.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
Mavs win this one. If you look Mavs have figured them out completely. The only missing is adjusting to the zone. That is more than likely to adjust to as well. When that happens in next game, Its all over for GSW. Before they went to zone, they were dominated. No panic folks, Mavs have this under control as in Suns series.
Like Reply
(05-20-2022, 11:15 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dallas went 11- 48 on 3's in game one, and 21-45 tonight and lost both games. GS went 14-28 from 3  tonight and 10-29 on Weds. My point is GS doesn't shoot as many 3's because they score in the paint also.  They had 63 pts in the paint tonight. Dallas needs to score more in the paint, and quit relying on 3's.

Offense had very little to do with the loss. Any team will take 21-45 from three any night. 
To lose shooting like that is nearly impossible, requiring a catastrophic defensive disaster. And, the defense was truly atrocious. Ole, ole all night.  Not a single Mav could stay in front of their man, and the paint defense was all time bad. Maybe it’s time to give Burke a shot in the rotation.  It’s the only thing I can think of to ramp up the perimeter speed. I remember the Mavs tried that last year and really turned the tables on them. Right now, the Mavs look like a slow 1950s team up against a modern F1 race car. They just can’t continue to allow the Warriors to blow by them into the paint.
Like Reply
(05-21-2022, 02:07 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Offense had very little to do with the loss. Any team will take 21-45 from three any night. 
To lose shooting like that is nearly impossible, requiring a catastrophic defensive disaster. And, the defense was truly atrocious. Ole, ole all night.  Not a single Mav could stay in front of their man, and the paint defense was all time bad. Maybe it’s time to give Burke a shot in the rotation.  It’s the only thing I can think of to ramp up the perimeter speed. I remember the Mavs tried that last year and really turned the tables on them. Right now, the Mavs look like a slow 1950s team up against a modern F1 race car. They just can’t continue to allow the Warriors to blow by them into the paint.

I don't see how they can stop them, when they don't have the team speed GS has. They have flat-footed defenders for the most part. That's why they need to upgrade the wings as well as the 5 spot.
Like Reply
Defense has to improve at home.  The Mavs shot well from three and Luka and Jalen had big games.   I am not sure Jalen getting 30 again will happen again.  They need Dinwiddie to get 15-20 points.  

I think hunting for matchups that we did in the third plays right into GS hands.   I loved how we played early by attacking the baskets in either getting shots at the rim or kick out threes.   We had a run in the second and the third where the threes were not falling.  As long as we keep on getting into the paint, I am fine with the missed threes.   When we are struggling shooting and then never get into the lane is where I have problem with it.
Like Reply
They need to have more then 6players that can make an impact on the game and earn minutes. These 6 guys have been playing WAY more minutes than they should have up to this point. It has GOT to be taking a toll. I myself will be surprised if a player or 2 doesn’t get hurt at this point and can’t play to start next season. We won our championship by getting this far, we have plenty of games to see the flaws in the roster. I’d say, don’t give up, but don’t run these guys in the ground either. The risk is not worth it at this point.
Like Reply
What do you guys think is the best way to attack the hard show on the pick.   Curry does it hard only to let the primary defender get back.   It seems like in the third, the Mavs kept doing this but not getting the matchup it wanted.   Is it getting the ball to the roll man?  Should Luka attack Curry right away?   It seemed like a lot of stagnation happened in the third trying to get Curry or Looney on Doncic, but it really got us out of rhythm.
Like Reply