Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game in PHX? O/U in points allowed 92.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
62.50%
5 62.50%
Under
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 7: DAL (4-3) vs. PHX (3-4) | 123-90 win
(05-16-2022, 12:20 AM)cow Wrote: Maybe learn to read.

No you learn to read. It's not about Luka getting his. Its about how he runs the show and makes everyone better. Mavs will ALWAYS get open looks because of Luka. There is no defense in the league that can stop that.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 01:01 AM)mvossman Wrote: You should probably calm down.  Jokic, Giannis and Embiid were all the best players in their series and they are all out.  Its more than one player.  We showed that winning two out three against Utah without Luka.

We could easily lose to Golden state, but the east champ will be tougher.  Those two teams are playing at a really high level right now.

Phoenix is more talented that the Mavs.  They didn't take us seriously enough and then they crapped themselves.  That probably wont happen again.

This is the epitome of the ignorance on this board. Tatum outplayed Giannis. Butler outplayed Embid. No one will outplay Luka.

What is the definition of "more talented"? Does it even matter? Dallas was the best team in the series and the best team since the ASB. Dallas beat Phoenix not because Phoenix was cocky, but because Dallas was the better team. 

FYI, the 2011 Mavs were not as talented as Oklahoma, but they were a better team. That's all that matters. 

From the jump we are the better team because we have Luka. He doesn't get enough respect from many on this board. This Dallas team is similar to the Cavaliers team that Lebron lead to a championship. Most talented? No. Did it matter? No.
Like Reply
I think it's pretty hilarious that before this series most on here were calling the Suns the best team in the league. We beat them and now "the Heat have the most intensity", "the Celtics have a suffocating defense" and "GSW should easily beat us."

Wonder how the narrative will change after we win the next series.
[-] The following 2 users Like windjc's post:
  • MFFL, michaeltex
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 01:29 AM)windjc Wrote: I think it's pretty hilarious that before this series most on here were calling the Suns the best team in the league. We beat them and now "the Heat have the most intensity", "the Celtics have a suffocating defense" and "GSW should easily beat us."

Wonder how the narrative will change after we win the next series.

Keep chasing ghosts, Mr. Rubber.  lol
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 01:30 AM)cow Wrote: Keep chasing ghosts, Mr. Rubber.  lol

I'll ignore this silly comment and instead say this.

On paper GSW looks like a good matchup. But they have experience. They won't fold like Phoenix did and Curry can get a shot off two feet inside half court. They are also the best passing team in the league. So Curry and others will get shots against Dallas. If they go up 2-0 its a real problem. But I suspect GSW will be harder than the Heat or the Celtics.  I'd rather face the Heat. 

However, I will say this again. No defense can stop Dallas' O. None. Historically there were defenses that could, but not this year. The best a team can hope for on D is for Dallas to miss wide open shots because Dallas isn't really great at shooting. They are pretty average. 

If Dallas continues to play the defense they played in the first two series and especially in the elimination games, and hit their average of shots, then I don't think any team left will beat us.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 12:59 AM)cow Wrote: GSW is going to be a challenge no doubt but if I got to chose one team to play against of those remaining, it might be them.  Plus my buddy is a massive Dubs fan so it's going to be fun trading texts in the coming weeks.

Luka is 43% from 3PT land against the Warriors historically.  He must be drinking from Steph's water bottle or something.

I agree, this is a good matchup for Mavs.

Mavs have the best player in this coming series again. This will be without question the case in this series. In any series in fact. Luka is the best player on the planet. So that advantage, we will also have. Even if the opponent has Kawhi and PG, or Booker and CP. Doesnt matter.

Do Mavs have the better coaching again? I think they might. But this is going to be the key obviously.

Do Mavs have more physicality than the coming opponent? I think they might but Green and Thompson can be more physical than Suns have shown.

Its going to be a challange for Kidd but also for the entire team. We need to stay way more physical than the opponent as we did to Jazz and Suns. And we need to play smarter. If we do that, we are close to 100% chance going to the Finals.

(05-16-2022, 01:43 AM)windjc Wrote: However, I will say this again. No defense can stop Dallas' O. None. Historically there were defenses that could, but not this year. The best a team can hope for on D is for Dallas to miss wide open shots because Dallas isn't really great at shooting. They are pretty average. 

I agree. The Dallas offense is the only offense in the entire NBA orchestrated by a QB. All the other teams are run by a PG. It's a completely different organization that of a QB to that of a PG. We saw all the hockey assists yesterday to Luka, when Suns had no other choice than double him. Game over.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 01:24 AM)windjc Wrote: This is the epitome of the ignorance on this board. Tatum outplayed Giannis. Butler outplayed Embid. No one will outplay Luka.

What is the definition of "more talented"? Does it even matter? Dallas was the best team in the series and the best team since the ASB. Dallas beat Phoenix not because Phoenix was cocky, but because Dallas was the better team. 

FYI, the 2011 Mavs were not as talented as Oklahoma, but they were a better team. That's all that matters. 

From the jump we are the better team because we have Luka. He doesn't get enough respect from many on this board. This Dallas team is similar to the Cavaliers team that Lebron lead to a championship. Most talented? No. Did it matter? No.

You are being awfully aggressive after a huge series win.  I'm glad you are a Luka stan, but I don't think it is as simple as he is the best player so we will automatically win.  The rest of the team does matter.  But you do you.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 10:04 AM)Kammrath Wrote: DEFENSE.

This is everything for the Mavs tonight. 

In the 7 playoff wins they have allowed only 105.0 pts/100 possessions. In the 5 losses they have allowed 120.7 pts/100 possessions. 

If the Mavs bring the defensive energy, hustle, effort, and fight tonight then they can win. If they do not then it will be over. 

The problem? They have brought the D they have needed only once on the road in the playoffs. In Utah in game 6, they held UTA to 104.6 pts/100 possessions. 

The hope? They did it in a closeout game on the road in UTA and got the win.

This post aged well.

(05-15-2022, 10:43 AM)Kammrath Wrote: FN is my "key to the game." If he gets minutes and plays great D without fouling, then I think the team D will have a chance over 48 mins to stay in this one.

This one not as much.  Big Grin
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 07:36 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Defensive effort and chemistry traveled to PHX.  Gonna need 4 quarters of it. 

Big miss on this one. 2Qs was pretty much enough.  Smile

(05-15-2022, 07:48 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: You know the Suns are going make a big run in the 2nd half. Have to build a big enough cushion to weather it.

Technically correct. That last 2 minutes of garbage time, they whittled the lead down to 33. Big Grin
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 08:12 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Luka and the Suns are tied.  That’s it. That’s all I’ve got.

Nuff said.
Like Reply