Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
Crowder just flopping all over the place.  Going to be tough to decide by the end of this series if I hate him or McGoon more…and naturally both are former Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Kidd finally going back to Kleber. Powell cannot be played this series.

GOOD STUFF KLEBER!

Crowder shoulda gotten called for an offensive foul. Im glad they actually gave him a tech. He should be ejected by now factoring in he straight up hit Luka after the buzzer for no reason.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bismack Biyombo is the Suns 3rd big.  DP is the Mavs 1st big.  They’re the same player. 

That may be the biggest example of the difference in roster construction between the two teams.
Like Reply
Man Crowder is really being a bitch. Can’t say I’ve paid enough attention to him since he was traded out of Dallas to know if this is just who he’s turned into, or if he just hates us as a former team.
Like Reply
He shoves Luka and gets away with it. On way down court, Luka forearms him in the chest. Refs blow whistle at tee up Crowder. Guys, this is as good as we can hope for in the way of reffing in Phoenix.
Like Reply
Why does Harlan pronounce Reggie's name as Bu-lach?
Crowder trying to get under Luka's skin and failing at it.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:05 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Why does Harlan pronounce Reggie's name as Bu-lach?

Apparently that's how Reggie prefers it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:04 PM)DrMav Wrote: Man Crowder is really being a bitch. Can’t say I’ve paid enough attention to him since he was traded out of Dallas to know if this is just who he’s turned into, or if he just hates us as a former team.

I imagine he has a little extra fuel against the Mavs. 

Most of it is probably just him taking the designated tough guy role and doing his best Marcus Morris to agitate Luka.  Javale chipping in there as well. 

I’ve seen him do this against guys like LeBron and KD as well.  He’s made a career out of it, along with being a solid 3 and D guy.
Like Reply
LUKA BIG THREE!!!

LUKA FOR THREE AGAIN SHEEEESH!
Like Reply
OH MY GOODNESS LUKA WITH THE THREE AGAIN!
Like Reply
That wasn’t nice defense by Phoenix, that was just Luka taking about 20 seconds before attempting to anything

Can’t believe we’re up at half
Like Reply
Ok. Great 2nd quarter. Outside of the first few minutes in the first the Mavs have come to play.

Brunson has been absolute dogshit and if he comes out cold again in the 3rd I'd sit him the rest of the game. 

Powell absolutely cannot see another minute on the court. 

Bertans stepping up big. 2 MORE QUARTERS JUST LIKE THE 2ND!
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
I’m going to be extremely frustrated if Kidd starts Powell over Dinwiddie to start the 3rd.
Like Reply
Gonna forgive Luka for that last possession, Booker defended him well..
This is 2020-2021 Luka vs LAC we are seeing, I am guessing he plays the entire second half (hope he does not run out of gas)
Like Reply
Brunson needs to wake up. Powell needs to stay on the bench.
Like Reply
Spence and Bertans were huge in that first half.  Luka was Luka. 

Love the defensive effort from Bullock. 

Dodo hampered by fouls so hopefully his fresh legs are a lift in the second half. 

Once again the big concern is JB.  He needs to hit the reset button after 6 quarters of bad basketball. 

Wonder if we see Powell at all 2nd half.
Like Reply
Good news is the bench showed up and Phoenix' shooting has cooled a bit.

Bad news is Brunson and DFS in foul trouble, we're gonna need them in the 2nd half.

Powell is still basically nothing in the playoffs.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:12 PM)Smitty Wrote: I’m going to be extremely frustrated if Kidd starts Powell over Dinwiddie to start the 3rd.

I'm confused why Din instead of Maxi?
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:16 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm confused why Din instead of Maxi?

5-out. DFS at the center. More drives by Luka SD and JB
Like Reply
Suns will probably have all 5 starters in double figures in the 3rd.  

Mavs have gotten 11 total points out of their non-Luka starters. 

Just a staggering difference.  Thank God for Bertans and Spence
Like Reply