Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
What a fun series.  Mavs earned that win and deserve everything they are getting.   They laid the smackdown the last two games of the season.  When you play in a long series it is natural to grow to hate the other team.    But I do feel bad for Chris Paul, Monty Williams and a few others.   That is really a brutal way to end the season for what was a magical year for them.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: What a fun series.  Mavs earned that win and deserve everything they are getting.   They laid the smackdown the last two games of the season.  When you play in a long series it is natural to grow to hate the other team.    But I do feel bad for Chris Paul, Monty Williams and a few others.   That is really a brutal way to end the season for what was a magical year for them.

I will never feel bad for Chris Paul. I wish him the worst always.
[-] The following 3 users Like Dirknows's post:
  • Arioch, Kammrath, rocky164
Like Reply
How's that Coach of the Year award looking now?
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 09:14 AM)michaeltex Wrote: How's that Coach of the Year award looking now?

To be fair, it is a regular season award. And the Suns were the best team in the regular season by a wide margin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dirknows's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3392...oenix-suns
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 08:04 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: But I do feel bad for Chris Paul, Monty Williams and a few others.   That is really a brutal way to end the season for what was a magical year for them.

I always held a negative opinion about CP3 since his lob city days and then the Rockets paired with King Flopper himself. After he went to OKC and then revitalized the Suns I gained a newfound respect for him and believed he deserved a chip. 

I actually was rooting for the Suns after the Mavs got eliminated  up until they faced the Bucks as they were tasked to destroy the Lakers.

But this series has made me lose all of that respect. The pompous arrogance was too much for me. Suns chanting "Suns in 4" after the first game made me so mad.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 11:38 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: But this series has made me lose all of that respect. The pompous arrogance was too much for me. Suns chanting "Suns in 4" after the first game made me so mad.

Made that guy in Denver pretty mad last year as well... He took his beat down for it too - (really where the Suns in 4 chant got it's traction)

But I am totally with you - I wish I could have been there chanting Mavs in 7 last night!!!
Like Reply
On the plus side, the CP3 era with the Suns has closed.  The West should be better next year and the Suns are probably going to get worse.
Like Reply
I’m sure we all saw this, but it deserves multiple views. Amazing stuff.

https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/1526075449708773377?s=21&t=Cs30yBbRqHM49yhfQjoeQA
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, Hypermav, LifeAquatic, MFFL
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 03:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I’m sure we all saw this, but it deserves multiple views. Amazing stuff.

https://twitter.com/kevinoconnornba/status/1526075449708773377?s=21&t=Cs30yBbRqHM49yhfQjoeQA

Yessir! That D was on full display yesterday. This is a rugged team built around Luka. And no doubt Kidd has them balling. I've NEVER been happier to be wrong about Kidd.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 05:20 PM)audiosway Wrote: Yessir! That D was on full display yesterday. This is a rugged team built around Luka. And no doubt Kidd has them balling. I've NEVER been happier to be wrong about Kidd.

Same, when I heard Carlisle was resigning my thought was "anyone but Kidd."

Very very glad to be wrong on that one!
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 03:18 PM)cow Wrote: On the plus side, the CP3 era with the Suns has closed.  The West should be better next year and the Suns are probably going to get worse.

Man, I’ve seen it so many times. When the refs turn on you in the playoffs, you don’t get your most-favored-nation status back. You all probably remember that happening in 2011 to Kobe and Pau against us. But it wasn’t a one time thing. Stars get old enough and at some point the league sends a memo and then the superstar whistles dry up for good. Do not expect a CP3 revival. Expect a farewell tour.

Also, expect an ugly Ayton drama. That dude will find a way to get traded.
Like Reply