Poll: How many points does Luka+Brunson+Dinwiddie combine for? O/U 62.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
87.50%
7 87.50%
Under
12.50%
1 12.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5: UTA (2-3) vs. DAL (3-2)| 77-102 WIN!!!!!!
I actually don't mind leaving Dinwiddie in to get him some stress free shots.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Bubble!
Like Reply
WE GOT A BOBAN SIGHTING! I REPEAT, WE GOT A BOBAN SIGHTING!

WHAT A WIN! 

1 MORE! STAY LOCKED IN!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Great win, finish these guys on Thursday!
[-] The following 1 user Likes DrMav's post:
  • VintagePejav2
Like Reply
Two days off...plenty of time for the Jazz to go ahead and fire Snyder now if Mitchell's injury is bad
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(04-25-2022, 11:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I actually don't mind leaving Dinwiddie in to get him some stress free shots.

Yeah his shooting numbers are really ugly. Doesn´t matter much, when you play great defense, and make some timely shots, but in a potential 2nd round series against the Suns 31/18/74 won´t get it done.
Like Reply
When you hold em under 80, don’t really have to shoot better than that.
Like Reply
(04-25-2022, 11:26 PM)Jommybone Wrote: When you hold em under 80, don’t really have to shoot better than that.

Crazy to think the Mavs looked so dominant offensively but they didn't shoot well at all. Their defense was that good.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Jommybone, Smitty, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
(04-25-2022, 11:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Crazy to think the Mavs looked so dominant offensively but they didn't shoot well at all. Their defense was that good.

It's almost like God King is really good.  Smile
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1518772105877274625?s=20&t=RHtKEE6ONB6l7bYeD_GOyQ
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/pinatafarms/status/1518818778339057664?s=20&t=9X_pqmUClLPWK4jj8Wtonw
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • DrMav
Like Reply
Great victory! Phenomenal defense. Utah shot awfully but I didn't get the feeling Mavs were just lucky. I think defense really strangled them. 

Also loved how they picked up the pace. 

Mavs have way more reserve in their game than Utah imho, missed a bunch of open threes. We also didn't get much offensively from our bench again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Great Win.   I have seen the future.  Despite only scoring a little over a 100 I loved our pace and how that ball was whipping around the perimeter.   We don't need to spend big money on a lane clogging center unless he is really elite.  We need a DFS type who is maybe a few inches taller who can cause guard bigger guys but really take advantage of the guys who can't move well.  That is what we need. 

We can get a fringe big man to play in certain situations but it should not be someone we use a resources for imo...unless he is elite.  

I love how the Mavs have 2 (3) players who can attack the rim aggressively.   A handful of guys who spread the floor and one guy who rims run.   Adding one more player between 6'8 and 6'10 who can play on the perimeter and fit in with the rest of the team exactly what we need.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 02:39 PM)Chicagojk Wrote:  We don't need to spend big money on a lane clogging center unless he is really elite.  We need a DFS type who is maybe a few inches taller who can cause guard bigger guys but really take advantage of the guys who can't move well. 

I am reminded of what Nick Claxton was doing for Brooklyn on a rookie salary.

I think it's hard to draft a big man in this new NBA. The player we need has to fit with Luca on the pick-and-roll, but now you need someone who guard on the perimeter if necessary. A Robert Williams-type at Boston is my new prototype.
[-] The following 2 users Like Winter's post:
  • michaeltex, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 04:39 PM)Winter Wrote: I am reminded of what Nick Claxton was doing for Brooklyn on a rookie salary.

I think it's hard to draft a big man in this new NBA. The player we need has to fit with Luca on the pick-and-roll, but now you need someone who guard on the perimeter if necessary. A Robert Williams-type at Boston is my new prototype.

Why not Claxton himself? I think he is a FA after this season and BKN is already over the tax line with only 8 salaries on the books. He looks gettable to me.

Question for the salary cap gurus...What teams are capped in a sign & trade? Incoming? Outgoing? Both?

Thanks, and I'll take your answers over the air.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 08:07 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Why not Claxton himself?

I'm all for it. One caveat. How good is our free-throw coach, because Claxton may be a full-time job.
Like Reply
(04-27-2022, 10:53 AM)Winter Wrote: I'm all for it. One caveat. How good is our free-throw coach, because Claxton may be a full-time job.

Always room for improvement on free throws.

[Image: d27c7136fdc6bd9569a14d58cc3a50c6.gif]
Like Reply
That made me laugh out loud.
Like Reply
(04-26-2022, 02:39 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Great Win.   I have seen the future.  Despite only scoring a little over a 100 I loved our pace and how that ball was whipping around the perimeter.   We don't need to spend big money on a lane clogging center unless he is really elite.  We need a DFS type who is maybe a few inches taller who can cause guard bigger guys but really take advantage of the guys who can't move well.  That is what we need. 

We can get a fringe big man to play in certain situations but it should not be someone we use a resources for imo...unless he is elite.  

I love how the Mavs have 2 (3) players who can attack the rim aggressively.   A handful of guys who spread the floor and one guy who rims run.   Adding one more player between 6'8 and 6'10 who can play on the perimeter and fit in with the rest of the team exactly what we need.
Jerami Grant
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply